Other (List in Comments)
No votes

Total votes: 152

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Re: What minis do you MOST want?

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:55 am

I really love adventurers who are not in fighting poses. A fighter with sword at the ready, but holding a lamp. Or a halfling with a walking stick. Minis don't always have to be flash frozen in mid fight, you know?

fstkfstk
Orc
Orc

Post by fstkfstk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:23 pm

+1 to Lizardfolk, guards and kobolds. These are the stand-outs in my collection, make on-the-fly encounters easy. Also my son won't stop stealing them to play with so I need more. To. Uh. Play with.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Pizzabagel
Orc
Orc

Post by Pizzabagel » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:05 am

+1 to Audies’ idea for monster packs. I’m getting a lot of use out of my lizardfolk and town guard packs, and would like to see more of the same with different types, especially undead.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Ranked:
Humanoid Monsters
Large Single Bad Ass Monsters
Villagers/Townsfolk
Dead Adventurers
Mounted Minis
Seated Minis
Valorian Personalities
Adventurers

FWIW, what I'd really love is monster packs optimized for actual encounters. Like 4-8 of a monster in varying poses and weaponry that represents one challenge I may put against my players. I'd get a lot of mileage out of something like that personally.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:54 am

fstkfstk wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:38 am
And a separate note regarding mounted and seated miniatures:

They always sound great, and then fall over. Now a set of seats with pegs and seated miniatures to peg onto them... amazing.
The few seated minis I have do not seem to suffer from this problem. If they did I would likely use a dot of poster tac on the seat to adhere them. I'm not fond of pegs myself for actual figures, my experience suggests they break too easily and that they make things less interchangeable. I use poster tac for items in a scene I need to stay put that don't want to and I also use it to stick minis to wine and whisky bottle corks for painting them. Stuff hasn't let me down yet.

seeamanaboutadog
Kobold
Kobold

Post by seeamanaboutadog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:24 am

I have a multitude of villagers, farmers, peasants and pilgrims from various (historical)war gaming companies and, as said so many times, nigh all standing. A few miniatures made for the back of a wagon I've adapted to sitting on boxes and the like so that is my preference. Sitting. I love the guards/ generic villages playing cards idea. Sailors sitting on crates fixing nets, beggars begging seated, mothers nursing, prisoners being miserable seated, noble lounging, bar patrons of course seated and /or drunk at table. Craftsmen beyond the ubiquitous smith or merchant(plenty of those), chandlers,wain wights and stable folk, seated if within their remit, people at a loom or washing clothes, tanners and tailors all very common folk about a town.
I have adapted some towns folk into other professions just with a lick o paint, a barman becomes a potter because now he is holding a clay pot instead of a mug and covered with clay coloured slag down his apron, but the options are limited sometimes.
My second option is for dead or prone that may double for sleeping depending how you paint. I would especial like to see dead non-humans, like orcs and gnolls, common dead creatures etc.
No rest for the wicked!

fstkfstk
Orc
Orc

Post by fstkfstk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:38 am

And a separate note regarding mounted and seated miniatures:

They always sound great, and then fall over. Now a set of seats with pegs and seated miniatures to peg onto them... amazing.

fstkfstk
Orc
Orc

Post by fstkfstk » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:36 am

Hard choice on the poll. For me its a two part question: which miniatures does DF's style enhance most, and which miniatures do I use the most relative to how many I have.

That puts dead adventurers (and bodies in general) right at the top. I love my DF villagers and the low fantasy style of everything but I'm better supplied in the rest of the categories.

Something the poll doesn't capture is how great DF's themed groups are. The Townsguard and Castle Defenders, for instance, look like they're a team. I need teams all the time but most other producers produce great-one offs but few groups. That's gotten better over the years, but DF's groups are more internally varied and useful.

HULKReality
Kobold
Kobold

Post by HULKReality » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:22 pm

Most to least!

humanoid Monsters
Adventurers
villagers/townsfolk
Seated minis (tavern patrons)
dead adventurers
Valorian personalities (from our modules and future ones-some from other companies which take place in Mythras)
large single bad ass monsters
mounted minis (adventurers capable of sitting on various mounts)

Thank you again! SP
Joseph Fairweather

goulasch2006
Kobold
Kobold

Post by goulasch2006 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:47 am

From most to least wanted:
Seated Minis
Dead Adventurers
Villagers/Townsfolk
Valorian Personalities