Other (List in Comments)
No votes

Total votes: 152

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What minis do you MOST want?

Post by kitenerd » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:55 am

I am a huge fan of hats they are just quick easy and very very practical. We use them constantly in two different game groups.

My only problem is they look awful in pictures. Cell phones make it so easy to stick a camera at player level and get great combat shots but the hats really break the mood.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Dungeon Crawler also has custom bases with a way to clip on status markers and other things. I like my "hats" better, but this could hold several markers on the same attached pole/stick.

http://www.dungeoncrawler.com/dcm/index ... ccessories
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:14 pm

My solution to this came from our Napoleonic gaming. Both the naval (by my friend Tom) and th land rules, which I wrote, require lots of markers. We tried everything, including vertical small-diameter dowels with painted washers etc etc.

For RPG, I finally setled on small ultramagnets. Small because otherwise they aer too damn hard to get off. Our 15 adn 25mm figures are mounted on WUBS ('Washer Universal Basing System') so they will stick nicely in my Barracks (former US Gov form racks, ;88 drawers per rack, five racks) that hold all my eras of minis. AS aresult all the figs have some metal showing. We use position (front, side, rear etc) and color of the magnets to indicate everything but hits, which I keep track of with my computer on the PC Control sheet. That's necessary anyway because in Dragonfire, the major control keeping PC from running wild is Fatigue, which is reduced proportionally for hits.

Anyway, little vivid magnetes can be seen but are not nearly so obtrusive as the things mentioned here. The bases (wood or whatever) are good, but they can only represent one thing at a time unless you stcak 'em. IN DF, we would soon have PC flying high above the table if we did that!

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Ugh, that is the main issue I have with Zombicide. I love how you get the sense of an impending zombie apocalypse, but when you have 20+ minis in one square and they start bleeding into other zones/squares, it becomes cumbersome. Especially if you have necromancers in the mix and you forget they were there with the walkers for 4 turns and should have turned right when the rest of the mob went straight....

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:05 pm

custom made see
http://www.litko.net/pages/Custom-Made- ... rkers.html

I know some of you are fans of 3 Printers. One of my game buddies is making me 3,5,10,15, and 20 bases for board games. I have had as many as 75 black plague zombies end up in one section. I will have them tomorrow and post a photo later.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:39 pm

Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:39 pm
You know what I could really use? Is some easy on, easy off system to indicate that a miniature is experiencing a condition such as haste, slow, poisoned, blinded, Etc. Sometimes we use little markers that rest beside the mini, but they don't look great and take up board space; sometimes the little plastic ring that is left after you open a soda or milk with a plastic screw top, but it's a tad to big. I wish for a mini hula hoop I can drape over the mini. That would be really useful. Maybe 5 different colors to represent different conditions. Would need about 10 of each color in case adventurers and monsters are suffering the same condition. I'm sure people could think of some interesting variations on design.
Try this link, it might be useful

http://stuffershack.com/#!/Mini-Markers ... category=0

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Alea Tools are magnetic, which is nice, but can be done with painted wooden circles or plastic circles for MUCH cheaper. (For example, $7 for 50 here: https://www.amazon.com/AxeSickle-Natura ... oden+discs)

I like something like www.stuffershack.com; I use his numbers (I call them "hats" when I put them on a mini) to differentiate which monster is which. I'm sure you could do the same for status conditions if necessary.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:18 pm

My group and I use these and like them quite a lot:

http://www.aleatools.com/

Then even have Large sized (2" diameter) ones in all the same colors for large creatures.

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:51 pm

I bought a huge bag of multicolored pipe cleaners, cut them into about 1.5 inch lengths and twisted them into hoops. Some were first twisted into a two or three color helix before making them into a ring. I have enough different colors to represent about 30 different states. Fourth edition needs something like this to run.

But you're right, sometimes they pile up on a mini until it's buried under conditions, so that's the downside. My friend made bases that have a flagpole on them. They're sized to slide beads over the top. This is visually distracting too. My remaining thought is to use magnetized beads that stick to the mini's base somehow.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:39 pm
You know what I could really use? Is some easy on, easy off system to indicate that a miniature is experiencing a condition such as haste, slow, poisoned, blinded, Etc. Sometimes we use little markers that rest beside the mini, but they don't look great and take up board space; sometimes the little plastic ring that is left after you open a soda or milk with a plastic screw top, but it's a tad to big. I wish for a mini hula hoop I can drape over the mini. That would be really useful. Maybe 5 different colors to represent different conditions. Would need about 10 of each color in case adventurers and monsters are suffering the same condition. I'm sure people could think of some interesting variations on design.
I can't recall the name of the company but there was one that ran a KS for small stands a standard mini base could fit into that you could attach different markers to. Maybe another forumite can recall? I have heard that there are 3D files out there for something similar as well.