Other (List in Comments)
No votes

Total votes: 155

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What minis do you MOST want?

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:14 am

when everything in reach ends up in the mouth, that is the hardest time for minis and game stuff.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:10 am

LordDust wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:32 pm
We just had a new baby (2 months as I write), so my time to paint is a bit scarce right now.
Hey Congratulations :)

as long as you can rock a cradle with your foot while you paint - you should have a few months still of painting opportunities :)

After that your on your own ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:34 pm

LordDust wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:32 pm
We just had a new baby (2 months as I write), so my time to paint is a bit scarce right now.
Congrats on the new little one :D Hopefully you're past the no sleep phase.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Animewarped wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:26 pm
I've collected very few minis, and most of those were about 20yrs ago. Lol. Now that I have finally been able to indulge in my desire to paint, I'm being a bit... or sometimes more than a bit, picky :) I have a limited environment and budget at this time and I am just trying to fill my niche. I do appreciate all the helpful comments and links. As my budget goes up, I'm sure I'll be hitting that variety out there and stocking up :)
I was in your position more or less not that long ago. Now I am getting a bit more particular. I can field enough dwarves for a skirmish game. Same for drow, elves, and several others. Now I am reluctant to buy something unpainted unless it is special since my backlog has gotten a bit heinous. We just had a new baby (2 months as I write), so my time to paint is a bit scarce right now.

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:26 pm

I've collected very few minis, and most of those were about 20yrs ago. Lol. Now that I have finally been able to indulge in my desire to paint, I'm being a bit... or sometimes more than a bit, picky :) I have a limited environment and budget at this time and I am just trying to fill my niche. I do appreciate all the helpful comments and links. As my budget goes up, I'm sure I'll be hitting that variety out there and stocking up :)

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:08 pm

I use colonials all the time. The worst you have to do is buzz off the corners of a tricorne...and I don't usually bother. Its a FANTASY medieval game, not a fantasy MEDIEVAL game!!

Anyway, on Aesira, humans have been Arriving from all eras, MOSTLY medieval (80%) but some from every other era - for seven years I had a player who was a Swiss Arrivee M.D. from 2007, who arrived with a 7mm hunting rifle, scope, large caliber pistol, pack with camping gear, 100 rounds of ammo for each weapon and a full medical cabinet she happened to be touching when she was Removed.....

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, Except KS5
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Yeah, minis are the ultimate mix and match accessory. Them and dice. No need to get all your mini and dice needs from one company.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Animewarped wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:24 pm
I saw the ones at Turnkey. They are nice, but I was thinking more like someone fixing a net or carrying crates or supplies and not quite so Colonial in dress. I just didn't see a lot of different ones and figured since there was mention of a desire by Stefan to create a DF line of docks... This would give them some unique figures that they could tie in with both a docks set and with the tavern patrons everyone seems to desire
dice4hire wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:28 pm
A docks set and minis to match would be a nice sub-genre for a future KS.

I really do not envy Stefan trying to choose what minis to include in his minis KS.
I'm definitely not against DF doing a full set of docks/wharfs with accompanying minis. Workers, sailors, and maybe a couple folks doing odd jobs like mending nets, pulling up a crab pot, etc. I just thought I'd mention they are out there so you can grab a few if you want. I also like variety, so while I am likely to buy DF minis in general, I may still buy the same theme from another source as well.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:28 pm

A docks set and minis to match would be a nice sub-genre for a future KS.

I really do not envy Stefan trying to choose what minis to include in his minis KS.

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:24 pm

I saw the ones at Turnkey. They are nice, but I was thinking more like someone fixing a net or carrying crates or supplies and not quite so Colonial in dress. I just didn't see a lot of different ones and figured since there was mention of a desire by Stefan to create a DF line of docks... This would give them some unique figures that they could tie in with both a docks set and with the tavern patrons everyone seems to desire