Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Suggestions from the peanut gallery

Post by dice4hire » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:12 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:26 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:23 pm
Well, we already have one in the Wicked set, but I could go for another, especially on a corner.
Isn't there a KS5 secret corner door? But I second having a new secret door. Ideally something like an opening with a pile of rocks in front (for ruins) and a bookshelf (for non-ruins) and maybe a few other things.
You really can't disguise a secreet door anyway, but bookcases/piles of rocks can appear WITHOUT a secret door often enough to dull player's willingness to spend time searching...esp. if they are likely to be 'in a hurry' past that bit of terrain!! And of course the Secret Door opening has to look EXACTLY like a regular wall/cavern tile except fot the hole....

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5

You will put a dungeon secret door in your caverns?

Blasphemy!!!! :D
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:26 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:23 pm
Well, we already have one in the Wicked set, but I could go for another, especially on a corner.
Isn't there a KS5 secret corner door? But I second having a new secret door. Ideally something like an opening with a pile of rocks in front (for ruins) and a bookshelf (for non-ruins) and maybe a few other things.
You really can't disguise a secreet door anyway, but bookcases/piles of rocks can appear WITHOUT a secret door often enough to dull player's willingness to spend time searching...esp. if they are likely to be 'in a hurry' past that bit of terrain!! And of course the Secret Door opening has to look EXACTLY like a regular wall/cavern tile except fot the hole....

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:23 pm

106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Mushu_Green
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mushu_Green » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Am I the only one looking out for a secret passage wall?

GrumpyOne
Orc
Orc

Post by GrumpyOne » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:37 am

astolat wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:48 pm
Just to say that this is relatively easy to DIY if you have a spare waterfall; just pull off the mist, get a bit of transparent lava-y paint (I used Golden yellow and red iron oxide but that's literally because those are the colors I found on sale) and paint it over. You'd think the blue of the original waterfall would make it not work, but it's fine, it just makes it a bit browner. You can drybrush a bit of Pokorny lava yellow, lava orange, and black if you want. I think I saw a repainted one in an official DF post in fact, that's how I got the idea to do it myself.
Already thought of that (but thanks anyway) however pretty much everything here falls into the category of you could just make it yourself. The texture of the waterfall piece doesn't look right for lava as far as I'm concerned so if they are considering redoing any lava pieces for the new caverns, it would be nice to have a flowing piece.
"Initial success or total failure"

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:39 am

I saw the lava waterfalls in a DF build a while back, and they were nice. Wish I could get the waterfalls easier than buying a Wicked set (which are all sold out anyway)
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:09 am

astolat wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:48 pm
Just to say that this is relatively easy to DIY if you have a spare waterfall; just pull off the mist, get a bit of transparent lava-y paint (I used Golden yellow and red iron oxide but that's literally because those are the colors I found on sale) and paint it over. You'd think the blue of the original waterfall would make it not work, but it's fine, it just makes it a bit browner. You can drybrush a bit of Pokorny lava yellow, lava orange, and black if you want. I think I saw a repainted one in an official DF post in fact, that's how I got the idea to do it myself.
Thanks, Astolat! I would never have thought of that!!!

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

GDBroker
Kobold
Kobold

Post by GDBroker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:09 pm

Possibly a different way to look at stretch goals going forward. In KS5 if felt like the stretch goals were pieces of the Encounter itself. Cool bling much of the time, for sure, but bling that you felt Nate planned to be included from the start, and often necessary to complete the encounter. What if in KS6, stretch goals include pieces that indeed "stretched" beyond what is needed for the encounter. If you get the top level "DoD" type pledge, all the stretch goals combined could be put together make their own unique encounter. Just a thought the bring the importance of the stretch goal beyond walls and bling needed for the encounter anyway, to getting an entire encounter not available otherwise in the KS.

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:48 pm

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:20 pm

GrumpyOne wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:45 pm
It may have already been mentioned somewhere however I would like to have a lava piece for going over a cliff/elevation (similar to the waterfall piece in the Wicked Caverns set). With all the elevation possibilities now, it would be nice to make a flowing lava river that can transition heights/elevation.
Bingo. #Me too.

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod