Best Kickstarter

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Best Kickstarter

Post by GODofwar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:22 am

There is a lot of great stuff in castles even if you are not interested in the castle walls themselves. I have been using a bunch of castle stuff to bling out my KS1 dungeon builds.
Absolutely. I do this more ofthen than I build a castle.

The pieces I find useful for building dungeons include: LED floor (just used in a dungeon not long ago and people loved it), any of the free-standing LED assortment,

Use thesee a lot

Lantern posts with the LED assortment,
Don't think I have thswwe.... ummm...

the wall hanging decor (I wish they would have had some new wall hanging decor in KS5, I just used some and it looked great on KS1 dungeons), honestly almost any of the decor, \

Ruins, constantly!

the Roof platforms are amazing (it lets you easily add a second story to your dungeon),
easily removable to build layers then add when the PC go to that level...oh yes...had not thought of this!

stone bridge,
everywhere

cortyard floors,
cube and wall spacer (make elevated walkways and free standing walls that won't tip over),
had not thought of this either

and mountains work great with KS2 caverns (and I am sure KS6). Got this from other Trogs, not using it yet

I think the Theme decor packs (Necro and Runic) are the underappreciated gems of KS4.
YESSS! I wish now I'd splurged on the Runic.

I would like to see DF make more theme packs. They can quickly transform a KS1 dungeon room into something that looks amazing. I really love wall hangers and the pole accessories (I have used the head on a stick a lot).My favorite...not somuch for my players...I"ve made it kind of a signal...
The interoperability of different KS is critical to the overall value of DwF. How important is this? There is a reason even specialty makers in Europe conform at least roughtly to the 2x2 DwF patter.
They know who their market is.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS 5
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:29 pm

I am approaching saturation. Even with my huge KZ (total about 1200 ft2, although about 30-40% of that is bar, library, bath and Factory) I am running out of storage.

More important, I do not find my self running out of anything anymore...except unusual pieces to vary the Cavern/Dungeon Room.

KS5 allows me to vary my Dungeons a lot. apart from a new unique area I have many accessori3es coming.

I can create a Catacomb- a ROTA special area - a decent sized DoE area - a DoE Hellscape area - Ice Caverns - Chamber ofSorrows and soon a Pillared Dungeon area. I have bling to customize those further.

I have a decent sized Resin dungeon which now acts as a 'nicer' more well-finished Dungeon compared to the KSI dungeon, plus all these upgrades. Thanks to Joshua K, my8 ROTA area just nearly doubled in size, which is all I need (I did find myself running out of ROTA pieces twice recently).

Summary: I will not be buying new areas. Even with 100 ft2 of Flying Table (2x 5x10 tables) I can fill the tables at least 3-4 levels deep with what I have.

So KS6 is going to be only for variant cavern walls.

I think you're right. Space and utility both limit my DwF buys in future. I am shrinking from a small whale to a decent sized tuna, and will probably go minnow soon. I just don't use 'more' any more.

I ran Victorian SF on Saturday, and used KSI and ROTA. I ran a DF (Sr) game last night, and used KSI, DOE and HEllscape. I will run DF and DFJ next weekend and may use every damn specialty set I have...but I won't cover even half a Fly Table with each, and probably only 2-3 levels deep at most. More likely 2-3 sets per Campaign, only 1-2 levels deep for the most part. That's the shape of the future.

OTOH, my improved storage means I could finish a DF Sr script, build two sets, take the sets down and store them and record all the XP from the game in less than three hours.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

Hekaton1
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Hekaton1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:01 pm

geekjeff wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:19 pm
Be sure to obsessively follow the Kickstarter comments next time Hekaton, for the adventures of the 12-47 Rabbits, a 400lb (oft drunken) Panther, at least 2 dozen guys named Dan, and the Knightess and myself trying (trying) to wrangle them all.

It's a good time. Not like you're going to sleep for DF Kickstarter Month anyways.
Oh god. I don't know where the Dan guys come from, but I recognize all the other inside jokes. I remember the first time I saw someone mention the panther, I was like, "you mean Guenhyvar? She's 600 pounds I think." But then I realized it's a different panther, and I was like, "oh."

;) I love how this forum is the perfect size forum; not too small to have low activity, but not too big to have no inside jokes throughout the community. (Although, some of the discussion areas need a bit of activity, since they've long been dead. Like the contests page.)
Zie ginds komt de stoomboot
Uit Spanje weer aan.
Hij brengt ons Sint Nikolaas,
Ik zie hem al staan.
Hoe huppelt zijn paardje
Het dek op en neer!
Hoe waaiend de wimpels
Al heen en al weer!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Oh, and regarding stretch goals, I think a system based on money spent would be a good idea for those that spend a little or a lot. Have a minimum buy-in, of course (KS1 and KS2 were two sets each) but nothing more than $150-ish for one full set of stretch goals. Every $150 after that gets you a second set or something.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Geez there was a lot of catching up to do on this thread!

I'm in the same boat as Talistran. I have a lot of KS2 and want it to be 100% compatible in function and color. I would love new sculpts for floor and wall variety; that's what I have been pushing for for years here. I also want 1x1, 1x2, and the new "swell" pieces that have been previewed. So far, everything looks great. I want an EXPANSION to caverns, just like how KS5 was an expansion to KS1 dungeons (as far as we can tell without having them in hand).
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:55 pm
Hekaton1 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:13 pm

grins
Okay, I'm sorry I asked.

;)
Most people are ;)
Be sure to obsessively follow the Kickstarter comments next time Hekaton, for the adventures of the 12-47 Rabbits, a 400lb (oft drunken) Panther, at least 2 dozen guys named Dan, and the Knightess and myself trying (trying) to wrangle them all.

It's a good time. Not like you're going to sleep for DF Kickstarter Month anyways.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Hekaton1 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Hekaton1 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:07 pm
I've been wondering about this for a while now; who's "we?"
grins
Okay, I'm sorry I asked.

;)
Most people are ;)
I am the Game and I want to Play

Thwank
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Thwank » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:02 pm

I'd love to see Catacombs be a section of the caverns KS as well!

Hekaton1
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Hekaton1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Hekaton1 wrote:
grins

We are the hive mind of the Flaming Ears Bunny Clan of Mythrasian Lagomorphs or bunny rabbits.
or to put it in a Gladiator style.

We are the Flaming Ears Bunny Clan
Chief Clan of the Mythraisan bunny federation
Loyal servant to the Were-Lago
Fathers to hunted sons
Husbands to eaten wives
and we will have our vengeance
in this life or the next!
Okay, I'm sorry I asked.

;)
Zie ginds komt de stoomboot
Uit Spanje weer aan.
Hij brengt ons Sint Nikolaas,
Ik zie hem al staan.
Hoe huppelt zijn paardje
Het dek op en neer!
Hoe waaiend de wimpels
Al heen en al weer!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Hekaton1 wrote:
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 am
Kryzsko wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:34 am

A cavern KS seems like an odd place for Catacombs. I guess it is possible but I am not holding my breath.
for some reason we thought it was the perfect place.

Our thinking being that catacombs seemed to be constructed from existing caves rather than purpose built. Always felt they have a more rustic, organic feel that in say a basement/dungeon.

Maybe channelling too much Last Crusade.

So should catacombs be a KS in its own right ? not convinced its a big enough environment for that.
They could have been part of KSV DoD, an expanded Dias of Dead, but wasn't.
As catacombs tend to be underground they don't feel an obvious encounter for an overground KS.

So to us the logical KS to put them in is Caverns KSVI.

There you go :) that's why we thought it was the perfect place
grins

We are the hive mind of the Flaming Ears Bunny Clan of Mythrasian Lagomorphs or bunny rabbits.
or to put it in a Gladiator style.

We are the Flaming Ears Bunny Clan
Chief Clan of the Mythraisan bunny federation
Loyal servant to the Were-Lago
Fathers to hunted sons
Husbands to eaten wives
and we will have our vengeance
in this life or the next!
I am the Game and I want to Play