KS6 Launch Date

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by Talistran » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Here is how the KSV stretchgoals were figured out:

Design Encounter 1. Ok, cool. It has 23 pieces. Now, remove 3 pieces. Add them back in at $500,000/750,000/1,000,000. Done. We have stretch goals taken care of.

Yep. That is how it was done. Or at least I don't see a single example of when this was not truly the case in KSV.

Please... do not do that again. :)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:16 pm

I have a feeling stretch goals will mean more sculpts, and while I like having variety, I also like having more bread and butter pieces as well. It's a double-edged sword.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

DWChancellor
Orc
Orc

Post by DWChancellor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm hoping SGs lean a little more towards "more of what you ordered" and less "more sculpts." Or if there are more sculpts they have a bits set you can get instead of silo-ing into the encounters.

I'd be 100% for bits sets since my base terrain collection is beginning warp spacetime. Well, okay, I always want more bits =)
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:53 am

Stretch Goals that feel extra as opposed to essential would be good.

We like them to be either bling or allow us to build more or differently - not to look like an essential part of the KS.

Excited to see what DF do in KSVI in both content, style and presentation. Its going to be a wild ride.
BUT if DF don't offer a Dangly Rope Bridge, heads are gonna roll!
I am the Game and I want to Play

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:58 pm

Oddly, one of the things that would make me go heavier on KSVI is not even going to be in play. If I saw some KSV sets not in the webstore (marble, Jade or other stuff) then I would be far more tempted to pick up what I absolutely must have during KSVI, but looks like the webstore will be stocked post KSVI. Sure, there is the PM but I hate adding money to there as it gives nothing extra to the backers.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 pm

Yeah, going cheap on KSVI is one of my goals, but on the other hand I hope for decent stretch goals, one of my annoyances with KSV. Or just releasing sets willy-nilly like they did for KSIV. I know stuff, or a lot of stuff is planned out in advance, but it is nice to see the numbers in the KS meaning something. I got the feeling in KSIV and KSV that they really did not and DF was just releasing stuff no matter what.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:50 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:16 pm
heres to stretch goals that actually feel like you are getting BONUS pieces, not necessary components!
It would be nice, as would a lighter weight pledge level that still included a bit of everything, which others have already mentioned.

Still, these are fairly minor complaints. I liked the encounter system even if I didn't buy any unless you count the second part of lava bridge (mostly because on a limited budget, I thought I would try wall-less setups, which may be more amenable to the games I will play with anyway).

Ks6 might be tough to go cheap on. I love caves and images of ks2 are how I discovered df in the first place.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:16 pm

heres to stretch goals that actually feel like you are getting BONUS pieces, not necessary components!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:04 pm
Not keen on Stretch Goals ?
Not me. I didn't pay much attention to them last ks, because they were clearly just part of the encounters anyway. Also I didn't buy any encounters.

Ks4 was even weirder. Stretch goals came with incomplete castles. Anyone who wanted a castle that actually had all the parts to make a castle did not benefit from stretch goals.

Those two experiences made me lose interest in them.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Rhizom wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:44 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:02 pm
No doom anywhere else but North America.

And KS6 launches on the 22nd time to be decided
Well, we actually _could_ all go in there for just one Dollar and decide later in the pledge-manager. After DoD arrived.

But of course, this is only half the fun. I will be decided before, as well :)
Not keen on Stretch Goals ?
I am the Game and I want to Play