KS6 Launch Date

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by GODofwar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Blunderbuss wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:49 am
Ah, too bad. Due to real life circumstances, July is a suboptimal month for me. I’ll be moving across the country that month, which is going to eat up a lot of my money. And when my wife and I finally get settled at our new place, we’re finally opening a joint bank account (after getting married this past October).

In addition to having objectively less money to work with due to the move, it will be harder for me to participate in a July Kickstarter to the extent that I would like to, as my spending will then be under greater scrutiny by the wife (whereas it would have been comparatively easy for me to quietly dump a bunch of my saved money in June).

But I trust that Dwarven Forge has weighed the pros and the cons extensively, and I trust them to do everything that they can to make KS VI as successful as possible. And when KS VI eventually does launch, they’ll have my full support as a fan, even if my financial support is somewhat limited.
My wife and I have sorta kinda separate accounts (doesn't matter much, we are in a community property state) but we pay bills back and forth, so it all comes out of both accounts.

When we got married, we both had a few non-negotiable requirements. One of mine was one weekend day a month and one weekday night a week gaming. That has got totally swamped b/c our kids both got into gaming and we loved (and in fact built our home specifically to cause) having their friends choose our place to play. So we now have two standing kid games for two days a month (Fr/Sat or Sat/Sun), plus my MOnday Dragonfire campaign, plus the VSF campaign. Because I am "supporting" our kid-contact plan, I get extra days. And I decided when my parents died that a chunk of my inheritance ($10k) went into a wargames account that I spend as I like.

Having a separate account helps. And if you ever have kids, adopting the have-the-kids-game-at-our-place is also a great strategy. even though our boys are huge video gamers, once sucked into in-person RPG they never left.

PS: They really aren't 'kids' anymore - they are 21 and 18. We are going on a two-week trip and one-week cruise this summer, and they both still want to go with us. Time with the Offspring pays long-term dividends...I've spent about five hours this week doing Dragonfire rules development with Eldest Offspring! And guess what...many of their gaming friends from 7th grade are still coming over for monthly games now they are adults! I built my own grown up gaming group from the ground up...

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, especially KS6
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Likewise! As I've already registered for some events, having multiple windows where we could play would be awesome. Thanks, Nate!
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:49 am

GDBroker wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:17 pm
Nate, for the GenCon 1 hour sessions, are they going to be impromptu, pre-registered through DF or pre-registered through the GenCon scheduling app? I want to try and get my group added to at least one session. I have my own painted DOD coming, but would love to take the opportunity to get my group (there are 6 of us) up close and personal with Caverns at GenCon before KS VI ends to get full buy in from them.
We're not sure who we're going to schedule sessions just yet.

But we'll let you guys know first thing when we do. We want to make sure Forumites have first crack at the games.

Looking forward to meeting many of you and gaming with some of you!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:35 pm

+1 to this question
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GDBroker
Kobold
Kobold

Post by GDBroker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Nate, for the GenCon 1 hour sessions, are they going to be impromptu, pre-registered through DF or pre-registered through the GenCon scheduling app? I want to try and get my group added to at least one session. I have my own painted DOD coming, but would love to take the opportunity to get my group (there are 6 of us) up close and personal with Caverns at GenCon before KS VI ends to get full buy in from them.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:23 am

dice4hire wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 pm
KS6 is shaping up to be appropriately ridiculous.
Ok, I am going to officially sign out of reality for a few months. Let me know when KSVI is over. My wallet is already crying tears of joy.

Ours have tears but we would not use the words 'of joy'.

One of our favourite things about a DF KS is that as fulfilment is over a year after paying, when it arrives we have forgotten just how much it cost, having already funded it and moved on, and get entirely lost in the wonder of it all.

Upacking Castles was great, have we told you how much we love castles? but we knew somewhat what to expect.

Unpacking out first DF KS was KSIII City Builder and rabbit we just kept saying 'wow' as we unpacked all those goodies and our tabletop medieval city just grew and grew. Getting your first piece of Dwarvenite in your hand is an amazing experience - 'wow this stuff is amazing!'

There might have been a few tears of joy that weekend :)
I am the Game and I want to Play

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:06 am

subtalon wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:36 pm
Love the posts and teasers. Keep them coming! The last kickstarter was one of the best run ones I have been apart of and I can't wait for this one.
DF KSs are always fun events, I have a blast seeing all the stuff and sharing in Stefan's enthusiasm and the DF team really pulled together and made KS5 even more of an exciting event. KS4 was not my favorite of the DF KS themes and I even then I loved it. KS6 should be fantastic.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:05 am

dice4hire wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:20 pm
KS6 is shaping up to be appropriately ridiculous.
Ok, I am going to officially sign out of reality for a few months. Let me know when KSVI is over. My wallet is already crying tears of joy.
I think you have summed it up perfectly!

subtalon
Kobold
Kobold

Post by subtalon » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:36 pm

natetaylor wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:07 pm
Quick update:

We're currently still on target to launch in the tail end of July.

We'll be at Gencon in force, with prototype Encounters at the booth to check out in person.

We'll be running some one-hour sessions in a mixture of DoD Encounters and new KS6 Encounters right at the booth.

We're deep in shooting currently, so I won't be very active in posting. Although I'm trying to post at least one social media pic every day of shooting. I post on Instagram as @FullStealth

We're doing a sneak preview lifestream of three Encounters live at Origins on June 15th.

KS6 is shaping up to be appropriately ridiculous. We're pushing ourselves creatively with good results.

Looking forward to sharing everything with you guys.
Love the posts and teasers. Keep them coming! The last kickstarter was one of the best run ones I have been apart of and I can't wait for this one.

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:07 am

natetaylor wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:07 pm
Quick update:

We're currently still on target to launch in the tail end of July.

We'll be at Gencon in force, with prototype Encounters at the booth to check out in person.

We'll be running some one-hour sessions in a mixture of DoD Encounters and new KS6 Encounters right at the booth.

We're deep in shooting currently, so I won't be very active in posting. Although I'm trying to post at least one social media pic every day of shooting. I post on Instagram as @FullStealth

We're doing a sneak preview lifestream of three Encounters live at Origins on June 15th.

KS6 is shaping up to be appropriately ridiculous. We're pushing ourselves creatively with good results.

Looking forward to sharing everything with you guys.
Sounds awesome :)