KS6 Launch Date

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:48 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 am
(within reason - hookers were a no no apparently).
Who needs them when your married to Jessica Rabbit.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 am

GODofwar wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 am

Hey, Lord Dust, drop me your Association rules. I've done a few Association challenges, but I have a buddy who does that kind of law in six states...their rules can often be busted. And he owes me big favors. Costco has cheap sheds easy to paint to match...big enough for storage. If it isn't complicated I'll check it out for free and send advice.

I HATE homeowner associations. And the local ones hate me. I advise every client get to NEVER buy HOA properties. The boards are dominated by people with no life and nothing to do but screw with other people.

Sorry. This post so punched my Lawyer button!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, especially KS6
I certainly appreciate the offer, but my brother in law has a regular poker night that includes a number of real estate brokers, mortgage agents, and lawyers. We actually paid no commission to our agent for this house and got a hell of a deal on the mortgage. I'd say they didn't make much money on it at all. I also haven't had to pay the lawyer I've been using for much. Did I mention my brother in law is rather good at poker?

All jokes aside though, too many houses in this neighborhood have become rentals. A company keeps buying them up and renting them out. The house next door that is pretty comparable to mine rents for more than double my mortgage. Once we get some ducks in a row I am hoping to get together a new down payment and then buy the next home without selling this one off. I figure that I can probably pay a decent management company (who will have contractor connections and staff) to take care of the day to day and still be able to both pay the mortgage here and set aside monies for maintenance and the higher taxes since it will no longer be a primary residence. Having it pay itself off will make a nice tidbit for my eventual retirement.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:07 am

GODofwar wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:05 am
dice4hire wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:20 am
I know there are a lot of factors in business and shipping. I do understand that. It just seems odd that shipping it across the ocean twice is roughly the same price as shipping it over a tiny bit of ocean.
Actually, no. This is much the same reason why I can pay $400 for a flight to a little town in Michigan (about 400miles) but $200 for a flight to Seattle (1700 miles).

Reason: The tiny Michigan town will fly half empty half the time. The Seattle flight is full ALL the time. Certainty is something the airlines are willing to pay (lower prices) for.

Shipping is a fullness game. The factory charges DwF so much to pack the stuff. if its a full container its cheaper because that container never has to be broken down on USA arrival - it goes straight to the destination. Unpacking and repacking is EXPENSIVE. It is labor that costs. The fuel costs for ocean shipping are miniscule. In the 1800's and early 1900's the rule of thumb was that if road shipping wa $100, then rail was $10 and sea was $1. Yes, two orders of magnitude. And that's why. You pack a ship, it goes 3000 miles, you unpack it - and all with power machinery. You pack a truck or wagon, it goes 100 miles, and HAND packs and unpacks.

I know nuffink about commercial shipping except what I learned in history - but I know a boatload about military logistics, and its easy to figure the cost scaling from there.\

Yes, there are other factors.

The Least Weasel
Pretty much accurate. Shipping by sea is so cheap I can ship a mess of minis (think a Reaper KS worth) to somewhere in Asia, pay to have them painted, and still pay to ship them back and spend less than the cost to paint them stateside. That doesn't even count the bi-directional land shipping! Also, you generally pay the same amount to ship a container whether you put one feather in it or stuff it full of heavy things. Thus the fuller the container, the lower the cost per piece to ship. Many companies that ship for individuals and smaller companies simply fill their own container with various people's things (a la Tetris) and thus can charge relatively little per small bit of stuff. They even frequently rent out space to other companies that don't need fast shipping for close to cost to fill the gaps when necessary.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:20 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:38 pm
93x74R wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Do NOT talk to my wife.

My 1200 sq ft War Room/Military Library/WG Factory has "annexes" in the garage and main library...my wife will be very pleased when I make these disappear!

The Least Weasel
LOL Your "War Room" has more square footage than my condo since I downsized. 2/3rds of my surviving gaming stuff is in off site storage but my DF has priority in the spare room closet. 5e and SAGA are about the only things I play these days.
His "War Room" is almost as big as my entire house! :lol:
[/quote]

"GardenDM" , your icon looks suspiciously familiar...have you changed Trog handles since I vanished for awhile?

The Least Weasel

[/quote]

Correct. It's not much, but it's a shallow attempt to slightly enhance my privacy. Sad I'll be missing gaming with you again in a few weeks.
Last edited by GardenDM on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm

GardenDM wrote:
93x74R wrote:

Do NOT talk to my wife.

My 1200 sq ft War Room/Military Library/WG Factory has "annexes" in the garage and main library...my wife will be very pleased when I make these disappear!

The Least Weasel
LOL Your "War Room" has more square footage than my condo since I downsized. 2/3rds of my surviving gaming stuff is in off site storage but my DF has priority in the spare room closet. 5e and SAGA are about the only things I play these days.
[/quote]

[/quote]

"GardenDM" , your icon looks suspiciously familiar...have you changed Trog handles since I vanished for awhile?

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:27 pm

GardenDM wrote:
93x74R wrote:

Do NOT talk to my wife.

The Least Weasel
[/quote]

[/quote]

"and his DF dungeon spread off the table, down the hall, past the kitchen, and onto the patio."

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:38 pm

93x74R wrote:

Do NOT talk to my wife.

The Least Weasel

[/quote]

[/quote]

ShaynePatrick
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ShaynePatrick » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:34 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:41 am
My (second) wife and I decided to keep finances separate, and it has been wonderful! She has her money, and I have mine. When we need to pay bills, buy something for the house, or fix something, we split it. We *never* fight about money. If I say I want to buy a bunch of DF stuff or whatever, she just says "It looks cool. It's your money, go for it."

I cannot recommend this kind of arrangement highly enough. One crucial point though: make sure you both understand that if one of you falls on hard times like a lost job or illness, that you will both do whatever it takes to make sure the affected partner is supported and covered financially by the other. You are still a team, after all!
My wife and I did this before we married. It saves a lot of trouble. It also has taught us to respect each other's hard work and monetary contribution. We have 4 kids and when we plan something we negotiate on who picks it up, etc. I can't recommend it enough.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:23 pm

It returns :)

Welcome back :)

not been enough coloured posts here lately.
GODofwar wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 am

Sorry. This post so punched my Lawyer button!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, especially KS6[/color]
This made us think .......do you have a 'my weasley snouty face button' ? #JustWonderin
[/quote]

No. Can you make me one? I'll use it!

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm

[/quote]

Do NOT talk to my wife.

The Least Weasel

[/quote]

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6 Discussion”