KS6 Launch Date

MrMorden
Orc
Orc

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by MrMorden » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:41 am

My (second) wife and I decided to keep finances separate, and it has been wonderful! She has her money, and I have mine. When we need to pay bills, buy something for the house, or fix something, we split it. We *never* fight about money. If I say I want to buy a bunch of DF stuff or whatever, she just says "It looks cool. It's your money, go for it."

I cannot recommend this kind of arrangement highly enough. One crucial point though: make sure you both understand that if one of you falls on hard times like a lost job or illness, that you will both do whatever it takes to make sure the affected partner is supported and covered financially by the other. You are still a team, after all!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 am

Negotiating the money is important.

With the wife and I almost all my school money goes to the house account and hers goes there too. My money is my private lesson money plus a bit from a couple small schools. It works well.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 am

going back into the real world (ugh)

On the having separate accounts - cant recommend it enough :)

With my first wife, she did not have a bank account so her wages went into my account - so I felt guilty everytime I bought something for myself. Thankfully that finished back in 94.

My second wife (and current - finally did something right), who did have a bank account, agreed to my proposal of a Joint Account where we work out what the 'joint' expenses are - bills, mortgage, holidays, home improvements etc.
Then we add our salaries together and work what percentage we contribute to that total. We use that percentage to work out what we need to pay for the Joint Expenses, leaving the rest in our own accounts to do with what we will (within reason - hookers were a no no apparently).

In the likely hood that the above makes no sense, I (not we in the real world) will try to simplify.

Figures used are for example only and have no bearing on real life (or at least my Real Life)

Monthly Joint outgoings £1,000
partner 1 salary £60,000
partner 2 salary £40,000

Total salary £100,000
partner 1 % contribution %60
partner 2 % contribution %40

so for the monthly joint outgoings (£1,000)
Partner 1 contributes %60 = £600
Partner 2 contributes %40 = £400

Nice and fair and fairly simple :)
Result is I don't feel guilty of buying yet another shiney box of models or Dwarvenite :)

Of course this all went out of the window when we had kids and my wife stopped work.
But this post is already long enough and way way off topic! just thought it might help :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Blunderbuss
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Blunderbuss » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:13 am

GODofwar wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 pm
Having a separate acount helps. And if you ever have kids, adopting the have-the-kids-game-at-our-place is also a great strategy. even though our boys are huge video gamers, once sucked into in-person RPG they never left.
This is a dream of mine! We don’t have kids, but hopefully someday, we will. And I would love to introduce them to gaming and eventually host game nights for them and their friends!

Regarding separate accounts. It would certainly make my gaming purchases easier for me, but I fear that it would complicate the rest of the picture a little too much in so far as who pays for what. We have a significant difference in our individual incomes (with me making quite a bit more), so splitting everything 50/50 would be a much bigger burden on her. And keeping separate acounts but having me pay for the bulk of our mutual expenses (and some of her own expenses) would make separate accounts largely redundant.

My work schedule is also much more demanding than hers, so when we have kids, she’ll be holding down things much more on the home front. You can’t put a price on that! ;)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:48 am

GODofwar wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:38 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 4:05 am
This is usually where we point out that the next KS is 6 not 2.5 - but that gets a little tiresome and we know that DF will provide a wicked set that will at least have most of the new unique pieces. I just hope they do it early so as to circumvent all the comments saying that they should do one.

Please note that this is a particularly polite post with not a single mention of moaning .........damn!
1. Mentioning not moaning is virtual moaning.

2. It is significant that Rabbit feels he can claim virtue for making a polite post!!

Immmmm back, Rabbit.

I've been going nuts suing my State. God knows it may make the news. Really awful behavior. But suing the gummint is VERY consuming.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, especially KS6
It returns :)

Welcome back :)

not been enough coloured posts here lately.
GODofwar wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 am

Sorry. This post so punched my Lawyer button!

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, especially KS6[/color]
This made us think .......do you have a 'my weasley snouty face button' ? #JustWonderin
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:05 am

Hmm, I doubt it, but the PM for KSVI might run with the mini Ks. Looks like we are looking at an October PM for KSVI, as it usually takes them a month to get it set up. Not a criticism, I know it takes 2 weeks to get the money out of KS.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:54 am

Maybe KS6 and the Miniatures will launch together.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:41 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:03 pm
Talistran wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:12 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
This is usually where we point out that the next KS is 6 not 2.5 - but that gets a little tiresome and we know that DF will provide a wicked set that will at least have most of the new unique pieces. I just hope they do it early so as to circumvent all the comments saying that they should do one.

Please note that this is a particularly polite post with not a single mention of moaning .........damn!
And this will be the first point where I specifically point out to you that it is not moaning when longtime collectors and enthusiasts politely express their wishes. I am glad that you have faith; I also have faith in DF in many things. And one of those things is that they listen to their customers.

And as one of those customers, who certainly isn't alone by the number of similar requests, I would appreciate it if my voice can be added to this board without you calling it "moaning."

I wish the best to you and your band of bunnies.

If you have further comment on this particular comment, I would appreciate a PM be sent so as to not distract from the rest of the conversation.
Ok fair point well made.

Had massive post explaining our point of view but decided to be less of a knob (a British word - funny trust us)
Hint: It's what a rabbit would think of. Its dirty.

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:38 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:

1. Mentioning not moaning is virtual moaning.

2. It is significant that Rabbit feels he can claim virtue for making a polite post!!

Immmmm back, Rabbit.

I've been going nuts suing my State. God knows it may make the news. Really awful behavior. But suing the gummint is VERY consuming.

The Least Weasel
Last edited by GODofwar on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:36 am

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 am
I won't participate.
KS5 was exceptionnal to me (5000$!) so I won't be a DF customer for almost a decade, the time to pay everything and to see what are the real needs in gameplays.
All, mark this on your CHECK file. Lets see what HeroQuest actually spends!!

I'm taking bets on the pool...

HeroQuest, your will cannot resist....Spiropolism....

The Least Weasel
WeaselWarGod