MattM77
Kobold
Kobold

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by MattM77 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:21 pm

William wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:34 am
Welcome to the Forum MattM77.
The KS is an event, hope you have a blast when it does finally start. ;)
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 am
Welcome Matt :)

As William already said a DF KS is an event and an experience. Lots of backers throwing around ideas, jests and sometimes insults - really quite entertaining ;)

DF went to great efforts to have a representative on the comments 24/7 which was really useful and appreciated.

Also last year Stefan did an impromptu RP session to introduce the last encounter - you can check it out here if you wish :)

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewt ... =53&t=9081
Thanks for the Welcome! And for link Rabbit! Ill be putting my last order of DF to use soon for a PF adventure path I will be running this summer.....kinda stoked about it to be honest....

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue May 29, 2018 7:48 pm

To be fair whenever they hold the KS will be bad for someone.

We are not fussed, well apart from November through to February, we would expect that to be bad for most all that holiday and travelling and heating bills or Sun screen.
I am the Game and I want to Play

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Tue May 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Forar80 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:28 pm
will say that it's helping keep me budgeted right now. Nearly dropped a chunk on a dice KS ending today, but reigned myself in. "I do love snazzy dice, and these look awesome, but that's another $60+ I could spend on DF in a few months". Kind of helps keep the impulse buying down.
I failed my saving throw on that one. It’s now a question of $64, or... more.
I’m my defense, I’ve barely bought any dice in awhile. It’s been at least, like, a week.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 29, 2018 4:52 pm

I am just hoping DF does not have too much on their plate starting the KS at the end of July.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Forar80
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Forar80 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:28 pm

It's certainly an amazing marketing opportunity, but as an irregular Gencon attendee, it's also a time where I've already laid out money up front for travel, lodgings, food, and walking around cash. Having another half a grand (or ten times as much) to commit to a KS like DF runs isn't ever easy, but immediately around Gencon might be one of the least feasible times, personally.

Which isn't to say they shouldn't do it, but while I imagine that it'll attract people, there will also be some who say that their budget is tapped out due to said event. Hopefully it'll balance out (or benefit them), but I wouldn't call it a guarantee necessarily (but again, a good marketing opportunity, so not one to pass up either).

I will say that it's helping keep me budgeted right now. Nearly dropped a chunk on a dice KS ending today, but reigned myself in. "I do love snazzy dice, and these look awesome, but that's another $60+ I could spend on DF in a few months". Kind of helps keep the impulse buying down.

ShaynePatrick
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ShaynePatrick » Tue May 29, 2018 4:03 pm

It will be up and running for GenCon. My OMG statement was always, why don't you start this during GenCon - you have a booth and SO MANY PEOPLE. I always felt a big opportunity is missed by ending them prior to GenCon and this year, we will get to see if I am right. I missed every Kickstarter but V (and always had to get my stuff in the store) because the June/July period is so busy and GenCon is when I finally get back to thinking about this stuff.
I am also hoping more Trove-style sets (like KSV) will occur in KS VI. That's a brilliant way to pick up odds and ends.

Forar80
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Forar80 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 pm

Yeah, 'July' was the last I'd heard as well. Given the, ahem, vocal nature of a few 'omg why are they running a campaign while the last is still shipping' types in the comments, I support them taking the time to get as much in the mail first as possible. Just looking forward to the wave form of uncertainty finally collapsing as well, as it were. :-D

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 am

They want to have most of the Dungeon of Doom shipping completed before the launch, and to be sure that most people should have their second wave packages before the next Kickstarter finishes.

There is no official word yet for a start date. If you want approximate, I can only tell you approximately July.

Tons of prep work being done behind the scenes! Maybe a literal ton? Hand cast resin prototypes are heavy. ;)
There will be lots of fun and juicy videos to tempt your wallets ready to go from the start. And as you can see in the social media feeds, the team is pretty giddy with excitement making these. Buckle up!

Forar80
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Forar80 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:19 am

Looping back around to the thread topic, have there been any further updates to the launch date? I keep an eye on the various KS pages, Facebook, and here, but it's easy for things to slip between the cracks.

I know it has been pushed back a few times, but they're also teasing work being done in preparation for the next campaign, so I figured that target might get a touch less approximate.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon May 28, 2018 5:29 pm

As we mainly play war games we are finding our desire for caverns quite suppressed, though we do have Betrayal at Calth box game which would work really nicely with caverns.

But we don't really feel the need for a Cavern, but then we said that about dungeons and now we are waiting for 2 huge lava bridges, EIGHT Golems and a massive jade temple!
I am the Game and I want to Play