Storage issues

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Storage issues

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:58 am

I plan to do a reorganization when KSV arrives. Too much stuff is organized too oddly, so will try to get it more sensible.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:10 am

unclebilly wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Glad we are not the only ones with a mixture of storage methods.

We have some large terrain pieces that require deep drawers to keep safe - some old resin FW pieces - but we need more shallow drawers like you have in the second pic, always on the lookout for cheap plastic drawers.

Currently we stack a shed load of really useful boxes, problem is we have been getting them piecemeal and so have no plan on what goes in what box - just what needs putting away at the time.

So need a weekend to re configure our storage methods - really need to do it before KSV arrives but take it into account. At least KSV will be easier to pack than KSIV :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

thedmstrikes
Goblin
Goblin

Post by thedmstrikes » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:55 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Oh wow, you are too organized, how do you find anything in there? It looks like you got an extra hellgate (but hard to tell in the pic). If you do, feel free to PM me if you need to generate some extra cash, I would love to add one to my collection without having to sacrifice my soul on the secondary market...

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Very cool!
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:20 pm

That is a fine collection of stuff.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:25 pm

I want your Demogorgon... :P
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:05 pm

I keep all my resin stored in my 15 drawer flat filing cabinet also in there is any fragile things not Dwarven Forge. For all my other Dwaven Forge stuff from KS1-KS5 I use stack on IRIS 6-Drawer Scrapbook Carts you can stack 2 on top of each other making it 12 high. You can also break it down to any combination you want. I have some stack that are 10 high that are sitting on a book shelf. I then us a DYMO LabelWriter 450 to put a label on each container so I know what is in it. For my small and medium sized miniatures I use Akro-Mils Drawer Plastic Parts Storage Hardware and Craft Cabinet to store them in. I use a Brother label maker to mark what is in each drawer of them. Then for large and above miniatures I store them on a CD/VCR storage book case. Now granted I have an entire room detacted for storage and playing games in, so room has not become an problem yet but it is getting tight on space now. This is one wall and one corner of the room to show how it looks.

This one still have some empty storage containers that will be used for some of the KS5 stuff. I have not put any of it into storage yet. I need to wait until I get it all in so I know what will fit in what container.

zenako
Orc
Orc

Post by zenako » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:43 am

I have thought about painting a small subtle indicator on the tops of the magnetic walls to make it easier to locate in the storage drawer and also in a complex. Those wall features are not all visible when the players first encounter them (kind makes a trap useless if everyone can see it ahead of time...that is what repeated MMO dungeons are for....take 10 strides and then jump over the known trap...along the right side of the passageway.

szabbran
Goblin
Goblin

Post by szabbran » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:13 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:32 pm
Mine, within a category like dungeons or caverns, are basically broken up by structural vs small. All the small pieces and decoration (columns, furnishings, magnetic pieces, some stairs, 1x1 and 1x2 floors, etc...) go in a compartmentalized container like a tackle box or crafting organizer. The bigger pieces are what I think of as structural... I have smaller boxes, and/or tubs, and/or cardboard dividers in my larger bins.
I take a similar approach as Vegomatic. It's generally worked so far. Though I do think that with my DOD I plan to separate out the LED and magnetic walls/corners (probably just in a gallon Ziploc or something within the broader dungeons storage bin) so that I can more readily identify those accent pieces without hunting through every piece.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:42 pm

I really should go through all my LEDS and just remove the batteries, I use them so seldom