So what is going out next?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: So what is going out next?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:55 am

OK we might have our ears crossed on shipping - either way we try to remain sanguine about it.

Happy is always good, but does depend on who your or what your slapping ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:03 am

I have my lefts and my rights and my ups and downs. I just checked a couple essays so I am a bit slap happy.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:02 am

I am pretty sure they are shipping direct to the EU for China. Thast is my understanding

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:53 am

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 am
Asia stuff is shipping form Asia, no USA stopover.
This post is just to quote you for the 91st time today dice :)

We remember that there is something odd about shipping to Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
It does appear that you guys get stiffed on shipping times.

But what you say leads us to wondering why they don't ship direct to Europe (and other non North American countries) from China, as they clearly have some facility to sort individual orders if they can do it for Asian backers.

We do expect DF have a valid reason for it. Or at least a reason that is valid to them, we may not agree, as is our right and not even the Romans can take that away from us .......

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 am

Asia stuff is shipping form Asia, no USA stopover.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:57 am

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:26 pm
The latest update seems to say that Asian backers will not get shipping till mid-July. I wonder why the artificial wait? If Europe and the USA are getting things at roughly the same time or a couple weeks earlier even accounting for long sea shipping times, why wait over a month to send out Asia?
Did not read that Europe and the USA are getting things at roughly the same time. Though US backers maybe sent their Dwarvenite at the same time the boat leaves for Germany to be sent on from there to go through customs and finally onto their new homes, but will certainly not arrive at the same time.

Having got that off our chests we do feel your pain with having to wait even longer - 2 weeks longer than Europe. We assumed it took two weeks longer for the boat to leave the US and arrive in Asia, seems too long to us but we are no overseas shipping analysts.

Honestly we believe one of the reasons we all get a bit hot under the collar about getting our dwarvenite ASAP and anything less feels like victimisation is because we really really WANT OUR DWARVENITE.

We also start comparing DF shipping to other Kickstarters, but for us DF is unique in its volume and weight, its big and heavy.
DF are sending many large boxes of heavy goods around the world, not a couple of small boxes of minis.

Still feeling pretty relaxed about when we get our Dungeons as we remind ourselves it could be worse, we could be getting no dwarvenite!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:26 pm

The latest update seems to say that Asian backers will not get shipping till mid-July. I wonder why the artificial wait? If Europe and the USA are getting things at roughly the same time or a couple weeks earlier even accounting for long sea shipping times, why wait over a month to send out Asia?

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:23 pm

I also didn't mean to cause alarm or misinformation. I saw the mention of 8 weeks to arrive in port and assumed that meant from June, which means August port arrival and shipping to backers late August/early September.

Glad to hear confirmation that it won't be late late, even for the last bits and pieces!

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Heh heh heh, all true. But I do appreciate the additional info, LadySabelle.

Again, I can be patient, but I like to know what I'm being patient FOR.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:14 pm
*Note to DF staff - make sure to always ship Law's order in first wave!

:D :D :D
Law is clearly in the grips of Dwarvenite Fever - I know the malady so well - and unfortunately the only known effective treatment is a fix of that sweet, sweet Vitamin D!

Fortunately, Mr. Law should have a delivery arriving pretty shortly I think, and he can soon regale us with cool pictures until the next round of cravings kicks in.