I got more stuff

User avatar
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2215
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:14 am
Location: Flaming bunny Warren, Valoria

Re: I got more stuff

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:15 am

Good to have an update on the Lava bridge alignment issue :)

will comment when we get ours - but not overly concerned at the moment
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 662
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: I got more stuff

Post by Talistran » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:09 pm
Talistran wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:30 pm
Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:25 pm


One other thing about the bridge.... It is a foot bridge. Both ends have a staircase. So the misalignment could just be another stair step on the bridge. I don't think it looks bad at all. It is in a dungeon after all... ;-)
Except the magnets don't line up anymore or peg holes.
There are pin holes, but no magnets. Both sides have the metal pieces to magnets to attach to... not sure why that is... but no magnets on either side.
Ahh, ok. Obviously, I don't have mine yet.

I imagine that the metal is there so that we can use other bridge pieces with them... some of the ones from KS4 perhaps?

User avatar
Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1242
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: I got more stuff

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Talistran wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:30 pm
Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:25 pm
Arbados wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:17 pm
Thanks for posting. The bridge misalignment does look significant.

Vegomatic, could you share what was suggested as a way to fix this problem? I have a hard time seeing any real fix as the two side bridge pieces seem so much lower than the center piece. Once again, thank you for sharing.
One other thing about the bridge.... It is a foot bridge. Both ends have a staircase. So the misalignment could just be another stair step on the bridge. I don't think it looks bad at all. It is in a dungeon after all... ;-)
Except the magnets don't line up anymore or peg holes.
There are pin holes, but no magnets. Both sides have the metal pieces to magnets to attach to... not sure why that is... but no magnets on either side.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 662
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: I got more stuff

Post by Talistran » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:30 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:25 pm
Arbados wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:17 pm
Thanks for posting. The bridge misalignment does look significant.

Vegomatic, could you share what was suggested as a way to fix this problem? I have a hard time seeing any real fix as the two side bridge pieces seem so much lower than the center piece. Once again, thank you for sharing.
One other thing about the bridge.... It is a foot bridge. Both ends have a staircase. So the misalignment could just be another stair step on the bridge. I don't think it looks bad at all. It is in a dungeon after all... ;-)
Except the magnets don't line up anymore or peg holes.

User avatar
Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1242
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:18 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO

Re: I got more stuff

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Arbados wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:17 pm
Thanks for posting. The bridge misalignment does look significant.

Vegomatic, could you share what was suggested as a way to fix this problem? I have a hard time seeing any real fix as the two side bridge pieces seem so much lower than the center piece. Once again, thank you for sharing.
One other thing about the bridge.... It is a foot bridge. Both ends have a staircase. So the misalignment could just be another stair step on the bridge. I don't think it looks bad at all. It is in a dungeon after all... ;-)

User avatar
Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: I got more stuff

Post by Oldent » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:51 am

MrMorden wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:48 am
dice4hire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:03 am
I will get the new paint next order, but what in the world will I paint that will ever need that much gold and silver?
I don’t ever present gold and silver to my players...I’d have to substitute copper and bronze. :twisted:
Plaid has some nice copper and Bronze metallics.

Silver and black can often be blended to look like steel.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

MrMorden
Orc
Orc
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:59 am

Re: I got more stuff

Post by MrMorden » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:48 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:03 am
I will get the new paint next order, but what in the world will I paint that will ever need that much gold and silver?
I don’t ever present gold and silver to my players...I’d have to substitute copper and bronze. :twisted:

User avatar
Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: I got more stuff

Post by Oldent » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:45 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:33 am
I certainly do love my bling when painting, and I look forward to the paints. but that is a LOT of gold and silver paint.
The gold yes, but I have 24 dwarven boar riders to paint. The Fire and Ice figures are wearing a lot of plate. If I like the siver I will use a lot ;)
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

User avatar
dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 3669
Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 7:13 pm
Location: Nagoya Japan

Re: I got more stuff

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:33 am

I certainly do love my bling when painting, and I look forward to the paints. but that is a LOT of gold and silver paint.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

User avatar
Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: I got more stuff

Post by Oldent » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:30 am

William wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:08 am
dice4hire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:03 am
..., but what in the world will I ... ever need that much gold and silver?
My thought exactly. :? :?:
As far as volume of paint goes I see your point.

Image

This took a very small amount of Army Builder Steel.

But the DF brand is very good and I want to try the metallics.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests