Shipping Update Please

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Re: Shipping Update Please

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:51 pm

DF (or anybody who knows), I saw in the update that you folks will ship encounters #1-6. Does that mean add-on sets will come in the second wave? Everything looks great so far. Can hardly wait to heft it.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:58 am

kitenerd wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:56 am
mmmm... Steak...

I'm confused. If i back the steak, i want it to ship on time. No one wants cold, late steak. I mean, there is steak sandwiches, but...

I have no problems backing before shipment. I would like to see DF get control of scope so that these could be predictable, annual and timely. Right now they are so large, complex and expensive that it is too much for them and my wallet to keep up with. Seems like it would be easier for EVERYONE if they rein it in just a bit so they are not dividing attention between two kickstarters during the most hectic time for both.
I agree. I thinks this has gotten a little too crazy big, but on the up side it gives us a lot to choose from but that is also the down side. I know I am not going all in this time so I am sure I will have to make some hard choices.

I would like to see a one of every sculp pledge and/or pack.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:56 am

mmmm... Steak...

I'm confused. If i back the steak, i want it to ship on time. No one wants cold, late steak. I mean, there is steak sandwiches, but...

I have no problems backing before shipment. I would like to see DF get control of scope so that these could be predictable, annual and timely. Right now they are so large, complex and expensive that it is too much for them and my wallet to keep up with. Seems like it would be easier for EVERYONE if they rein it in just a bit so they are not dividing attention between two kickstarters during the most hectic time for both.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:33 am

I did go light on KSV, at least relatively, though there is still retail to think of, I know I'll be making an order ASAP. Probably not a huge order, I am thinking. And hoping.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:45 am

We don't have any problem with DF holding the next KS before the previous one delivers - their track record ensures this would not be a problem.

But there were plenty on the KS comments saying they would not commit to KSV until Castles were delivered.

We do understand that if the previous DF KS was your first, you may well be reluctant to pour more money for dwarvenite that you have not yet experienced in your hand.

We use DF for war gamming but seeing KSV and its flexibility we didn't quite go all in but got plans for some Calth style gameplay - which caverns lends itself to as well - hmmmm was hoping to go lite in KSVI - oh well said that last year ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:52 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 am
DevGuy wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:44 pm
I was looking for some 3D elements to spruce up some board games - doors, tables, scrolls, that sort of thing. Two years later and I have a Royal Stronhold (and then some), a few Hamlets and a Dungeon of Doom on the way.
Just out of curiosity, what board games do you play that all this DF is used as 3D elements?
That was the point of my post - I wanted a few minor bits but ended up buying a Castle/City/DoD, none of which I use in BG’s!

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 am

DevGuy wrote:
I was looking for some 3D elements to spruce up some board games - doors, tables, scrolls, that sort of thing. Two years later and I have a Royal Stronhold (and then some), a few Hamlets and a Dungeon of Doom on the way.
Just out of curiosity, what board games do you play that all this DF is used as 3D elements?

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:40 pm

DevGuy wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 am
I get not wanting to pledge for a large amount when KS5 hasn't delivered yet, but I don't understand not seeing a need for caverns unless your gaming doesn't ever go underground. :) To each their own, though. I love my caverns and would use them even more except I feel I use them too much and it gets redundant. I've gotta spice up my game with different environments. :)
I don’t play RPGs. The only reason I own any DF at all is because I was looking for 3D elements to spruce up some board games - doors, tables, scrolls, that sort of thing. Two years later and I have a Royal Stronghold (and then some) as well as a few Hamlets, and a Dungeon of Doom on the way. This stuff is like Lego for me.

So that’s why I dont “need” caverns - I dont use DF for D&D-style gaming.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:17 pm

DevGuy wrote:

I don’t play RPGs. The only reason I own any DF at all is because I was looking for some 3D elements to spruce up some board games - doors, tables, scrolls, that sort of thing. Two years later and I have a Royal Stronhold (and then some), a few Hamlets and a Dungeon of Doom on the way. This stuff is like Lego for me.

So that’s why I dont “need” caverns - I dont play games with this stuff.
I understand the problem now. You "need" to play games with caverns. It is all about the difficult footing, the water dripping down the walls and the terror of never knowing what is around the next corner.

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:44 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:59 am
I get not wanting to pledge for a large amount when KS5 hasn't delivered yet, but I don't understand not seeing a need for caverns unless your gaming doesn't ever go underground. :) To each their own, though. I love my caverns and would use them even more except I feel I use them too much and it gets redundant. I've gotta spice up my game with different environments. :)
I don’t play RPGs. The only reason I own any DF at all is because I was looking for some 3D elements to spruce up some board games - doors, tables, scrolls, that sort of thing. Two years later and I have a Royal Stronhold (and then some), a few Hamlets and a Dungeon of Doom on the way. This stuff is like Lego for me.

So that’s why I dont “need” caverns - I dont play games with this stuff.