Whats your Guilty Pledge pleasure or budget buster?

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Whats your Guilty Pledge pleasure or budget buster?

Post by kitenerd » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:12 pm

AstroCat wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:06 pm
Dreadhollow would have been my total budget buster buy a lot, like 33% with all the stuff I would have got!

We have a ton of terrain trees already, a few hills, rocks, battlemats, rivers, etc... Not as cool as Dreadhollow but I'd need like 2 or 3 DH to make it a replacement for real. I will seriously check it out at retail and if KS7 is outdoors then I'll probably jump in. We do plenty of outdoor encounters overall but not nearly as many as caves and dungeons.
still time to add a scatter pack... just so you can feel like you played in the sandbox with the big kids ;)

Scatter was all i got (i didn't even spring for trees, just keeping my lowly stumps) - it is my nod toward some of the most beautiful terrain DF has ever made - just not practical for my budget or game style - someday i may spring for banks and spirit tree or cave mouth - that is a pretty awesome piece
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Dreadhollow would have been my total budget buster buy a lot, like 33% with all the stuff I would have got!

We have a ton of terrain trees already, a few hills, rocks, battlemats, rivers, etc... Not as cool as Dreadhollow but I'd need like 2 or 3 DH to make it a replacement for real. I will seriously check it out at retail and if KS7 is outdoors then I'll probably jump in. We do plenty of outdoor encounters overall but not nearly as many as caves and dungeons.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:50 pm

Ditto for me. I have caves, not a lot but enough. I have practically zero trees.

I really hope the next KS is heavy outdoor, but who knows.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:14 am

Mobius wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:58 am
GODofwar wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:53 pm
Wow.

Dreadhollow really is taking y'all Trogs down.

I seem to be immune to its venom. I want some bits, like banks and some cliffs maybe, but only to expand the uses of other DwF sets and my general set-making capability. I'll get the big stump. But that's it.

I have no idea where I acquired this immunity, but the trees just don't seem anywhere near worth it to me, personally, in my particular situation.

More to spend on the rest.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
Caverns definitely give better bang-for-the-buck than Dreadhollow. The appeal for me is that outdoor terrain comes up way more often than any other terrain type in our gaming (at least twice as common as dungeons, caverns or cities/towns). I have a large DF collection, yet I seem to be pulling out my grasslands battlement and railroad/wargaming trees more often than any of my DF tiles. I know that whatever Dreadhollow stuff I get will get used more than any new Cavern stuff.
This was exactly my reasoning for going heavy on DH and light on Caves. Utility for the more common encounter locations, which in our games tend to at least always start in the outdoors. The encounter might lead to a small cave or complex, but always begins outside. And with a good tray (or 10) you can then plop down the inside section after the characters move past the entrance.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:58 am

GODofwar wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:53 pm
Wow.

I seem to be immune to its venom. I want some bits, like banks and some cliffs maybe, but only to expand the uses of other DwF sets and my general set-making capability. I'll get the big stump. But that's it.

I have no idea where I acquired this immunity, but the trees just don't seem anywhere near worth it to me, personally, in my particular situation.

Totus KS Delenda Sunt
Caverns definitely give better bang-for-the-buck than Dreadhollow. The appeal for me is that outdoor terrain comes up way more often than any other terrain type in our gaming (at least twice as common as dungeons, caverns or cities/towns). I have a large DF collection, yet I seem to be pulling out my grasslands battlement and railroad/wargaming trees more often than any of my DF tiles. I know that whatever Dreadhollow stuff I get will get used more than any new Cavern stuff.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:38 am

Pizzabagel wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:22 pm
...now I’m trying to resist adding a second complete Dreadhollow, instead of a mishmash of forest add ons.... ((rolls another will save)j
We failed our save but got more foresty bits for our $s, at least according to bunnymath we did .....
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Wow.

Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:53 am
Next year I really have to set a dollar limit and stick to it.

((Cut and paste from last year’s Kickstarter))

((...cut and paste for next year)).
:lol:

TLW
WeaselWarGod

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:38 am

I can't wait for the pledge manager to close, so I will stop adding stuff to it hahah.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:19 pm

He better hurry then .....
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”