Expanding Ice Cavern footprint and build options.

aggothard
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Expanding Ice Cavern footprint and build options.

Post by aggothard » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:33 am

I’ll also say I went back and bought a bunch of terrain trays for DOD when they hit the online store and have been using them a lot. They are great for moving large sections of your build around or dropping prebuilt areas into containers for storage and transport. Not to mention the possibilities with negative space builds. So far I’ve found them very versatile. I have also purchased a bunch of 38 mm 12 mm stilts in the DCD order which will allow us to use the terrain trays as elevation pieces so the possibilities for them keep expanding.

aggothard
Goblin
Goblin

Post by aggothard » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:30 am

Correct. I bought extra terrain trays for Dreadhallow forest and ice caverns and then a bunch of pieces to dress them up to really expand those footprints and alternate build capabilities in those schemes.

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:25 am

Harneloot wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:20 am
TTS?
Terrain Trays

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:20 am

aggothard wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:59 am
I ended up getting 1 extra of ice TTS, banks, starter, passages, stalagmites, floors, and trifecta packs. 🤓
TTS?

aggothard
Goblin
Goblin

Post by aggothard » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:59 am

I ended up getting 1 extra of ice TTS, banks, starter, passages, stalagmites, floors, and trifecta packs. 🤓

LordWestmark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LordWestmark » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:19 pm

I'm in for 1x Ice Walls Pack - Unpainted. I'm not sure I'll have the spare loot for the Ice encounter.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Animei, Bill:

I haven't built a full set using them - just got them last weekend - but I played with them and the waterfall pieces. The Wizkids bitz are almost exactly same height as the waterfalls, so they work OK for height, and close in width. The Wiz pieces are actually more stable than the waterfalls. I plan to use them against DwF terrain or Junkyard Dog cut foam to fit, when employed as waterfalls. When employed as ice in a Cavern build they will have to be lying down until the room is entered, at least if the cavern is part of a multilevel build, but so do the waterfalls...If I get some time this weekend I"ll try to do some pix. I've decided to retire and closing cases down is proving stubbornly difficult!
WeaselWarGod

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Ice Cavern footprint - Walls of Fire and Ice

Post by William » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:10 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:37 pm
I just got two sets of Wizkids spell effects 'Walls of Fire and Walls of Ice' and the walls of ice work perfectly with the DwF waterfalls...so the ice pieces can also be water. They interlock horizontally but the interlok is not rigid, so you can form sorta kinda curved shapes. This allows quick easy waterfalls of much greater height (with a little fiddlign with support for multilevel falls that don't each enter a cascading pool) and without the fancy building and painting needed to use the Water Effects - not to mention the subsequent need to store permanent scenery pieces. Recommend it strongly to people with storage shortage, or who just like flexibility v. really fantastic scenery effects.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
When I saw the pictures of them, I first thought 'Fire and Water' not Ice. Could you post a snapshot of those used in waterfall as you have mentioned? Would love to see it. Also toss a D.F. waterfall in picture for comparison.
Thanks if you can, but understand if you can't. Bill ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Ice Cavern footprint - Walls of Fire and Ice

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:42 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:37 pm
I just got two sets of Wizkids spell effects 'Walls of Fire and Walls of Ice' and the walls of ice work perfectly with the DwF waterfalls...so the ice pieces can also be water. They interlock horizontally but the interlok is not rigid, so you can form sorta kinda curved shapes. This allows quick easy waterfalls of much greater height (with a little fiddlign with support for multilevel falls that don't each enter a cascading pool) and without the fancy building and painting needed to use the Water Effects - not to mention the subsequent need to store permanent scenery pieces. Recommend it strongly to people with storage shortage, or who just like flexibility v. really fantastic scenery effects.

Totus KS Delenda Sunt
I assume you're talking about these; are you meaning you use these instead of a Dwarven Forge waterfall piece, or are you saying you use this as an icefall/glacier waterfall type of thing? Can you post pictures?

WZK73107[1].jpg
WZK73107[1].jpg (17.08 KiB) Viewed 288 times
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Ice Cavern footprint - Walls of Fire and Ice

Post by GODofwar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod