What pieces from KS VI are most likely to be rare, limited edition, or not restocked.

Sardovax
Kobold
Kobold

Re: What pieces from KS VI are most likely to be rare, limited edition, or not restocked.

Post by Sardovax » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 am

If you look at how KS5 restock has gone in the web store, the full encounters are mostly still in stock, while the bread-and-butter pieces and building blocks (LED walls, passages etc) sold out immediately. Depends greatly on how DF manages the restock order (or just gets a huge loan and keeps an inventory but that’s a separate topic...)

aggothard
Goblin
Goblin

Re: What pieces from KS VI are most likely to be rare, limited edition, or not restocked.

Post by aggothard » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 pm

John D wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:26 pm
RisingSeraph, I do actually have a pack of magnetized ledges - I'll play around with those a bit. Good Idea.

Really, anything that frees up funds for the PM is a Good Idea ;)
I’ve actually used the DOD wall and corner pieces right side up and then put a train tray on top of them to create elevation. Run stairs up to it and your good to go. That said I have a bunch of the stilts coming too.

RisingSeraph
Goblin
Goblin

Post by RisingSeraph » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:26 pm

John D wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:26 pm
RisingSeraph, I do actually have a pack of magnetized ledges - I'll play around with those a bit. Good Idea.

Really, anything that frees up funds for the PM is a Good Idea ;)
Right? Thanks! I'm also glad to have a few extra to use on other things!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:01 am

Thierry is the man!

Love the flight stands - especially the green sci fi version (which are remarkably versatile - cryo tank, engine section they look awesome no matter how you use them)

plus he invented terrain trays (and the internet!) - check out his black trays for lifting off sections of CBS buildings

he has been creating, helping to shape ideas and sharing with this community for longer than many of us have even had DF - the community is lucky to have him!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:43 pm
biowizard, on the forums, makes and sells his own will-o-wisps.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7989&hilit=flight+ ... 20#p106615

Earlier in the thread referenced above he gives a step by step tutorial on how to make them yourself.

While I do not yet have any of his will-o-wisps, I do have several of his flight stands. He does excellent work!

Second this - the Wizard is also a pleasure to deal with.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:18 am

Talistran wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:28 pm
Yah, the willow-wisp is a prime example of one of the few things I dislike about Dwarven Forge: chase pieces.

It is an incredibly cool piece, which screams for a small pack of them individually... the mold is already made. They would sell thousands, if not tens of thousands. There is no good reason to make them so hard to get.
Agree that Will o Wisp would sell bucket loads in smaller packs, so why don't DF do it?

One reason we think they don't do it, is because the Will o wisp mold also contains other pieces probably from the same pack 'Crystal Caverns Adventure Pack'. So for them to produce bucket loads of will o wisp they would also end up with bucket loads of other pieces.

So for DFs point of view unless they can sell off all those pieces as well its not worth producing more Will o Wisps.

This is certainly how other firms do it, and some like Forgeworld had some weird combinations in the same mold resulting in some strange deals as they looked to discontinue molds.

We also suspect its more complicated when it comes to SKUs etc.

Shame really as we would pick up a pack of will o wisps as it is a cool sculpt especially with the LED.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:43 pm

biowizard, on the forums, makes and sells his own will-o-wisps.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7989&hilit=flight+ ... 20#p106615

Earlier in the thread referenced above he gives a step by step tutorial on how to make them yourself.

While I do not yet have any of his will-o-wisps, I do have several of his flight stands. He does excellent work!

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Agreed, I would love an available six pack of like 3 will-o-wisps and 3 eldritch eyes. I really want to buy those pieces alone
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:28 pm

Yah, the willow-wisp is a prime example of one of the few things I dislike about Dwarven Forge: chase pieces.

It is an incredibly cool piece, which screams for a small pack of them individually... the mold is already made. They would sell thousands, if not tens of thousands. There is no good reason to make them so hard to get.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:09 pm
Man I really would have loved a “wisp pack”of 3+ multicolored LED wisps...
Me too and I would be cool with just one color. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”