What pieces from KS VI are most likely to be rare, limited edition, or not restocked.

GreenGentleman

Re: What pieces from KS VI are most likely to be rare, limited edition, or not restocked.

Post by GreenGentleman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:49 am

Thank you everyone for your amazing suggestions! This community is so nice and helpful, I greatly appreciate it.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What pieces from KS VI are most likely to be rare, limited edition, or not restocked.

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:34 am

We concur with geekjeff and Arcarius.

We have added 2 stairways and 2 natural bridges together with the Ice variant that is in the Ice Catacomb Adventure Pack.

The DreadHollow adventure pack has a lot in it and the faerie rings being an unlikely hit.

Others to watch for would be the rope bridge if DF provide an acceptable method for keeping it stable and the MoaM in the Mushroom Grotto Adventure Pack.

And a sneaky hit may be the boat, whilst almost prohibatively expensive we think once seen in action will become desirable, but that might just be us ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:47 pm

I think the Dreadhollow adventure pack will be the rarity this time. Not so much for the spirit tree itself but the other items. The hollow stump, faerie ring and the apex primordial. I don’t think those will be available after the pack sells out.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:09 pm

There’s really no way to tell this far out, but I think the general consensus is that if any Bling packs really catch your eye, be sure to get them now. Bread and butter will always be regularly restocked, but niche things may take longer between orders.

So, the Adventure Packs basically. Any of those which someone had to trim from their pledge for budget reasons is going to be the first thing they jump for in the webstore.

My other personal guesses are Stairway To Violence and the Natural Bridge Arches. I think these are going to end up much like the Epic Stairs from DoD - everybody got 1 or 2 in their pledge, but as soon as the first shipments are in Backer hands people are going to post amazing pics using them in ways the team never dreamed of, and when they hit retail people will quickly grab extras.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:48 pm

I agree the underdoom banks are gonna be really rare.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Doleo_DF
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Doleo_DF » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Stone banks in underdoom paint color.

Either paint them yourself or pay $508 for factory painted. (webstore will likey be more expensive) Unfortunate because I was going to buy at least 4 more stone banks packs in underdoom as part of my pledge but there is no add-on pack for underdoom banks.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Starter sets are always replenished, but also always seem to sell out. I would get your bread and butter pieces now if you want to use your caverns as soon as possible. Usually starter sets seem to sell out within a month or two of restock, though they are almost always on the restock list.
106 Resin and 202 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GreenGentleman

What pieces from KS VI are most likely to be rare, limited edition, or not restocked.

Post by GreenGentleman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello all,

I am a new DF addict and I am currently trying to finalize my KS VI pledge. I decided to focus mainly on Dreadhollow, but I have a little budget left to snag some additional goodies. I have heard that certain sets/packs from previous KS are slow to be restocked in the online store and are difficult to acquire. The collector in me shudders at the thought of a missed opportunity, so I am curious if any experienced DF owners have any suggestions for what packs to purchase in the likelihood that they will be hard to acquire after the KS ends.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!