Orc
Orc

Re: Dreadhollow and Other Sets

Post by combs1ng » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Papa_Stevie wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:43 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:41 pm
Lastly, I'm thinking Dreadhollow will look good with caverns.
I agree!
I am hoping to recreate something similar to the SOn Doong cave or the ones in SA that they base jump into. Basically, a very large cave chamber with an opening that allows light in to grow the plants. Maybe a secret druid ring in a cave? I hope to embellish it with lighting, such as a dark room and take a light source to show the light coming down in just that circle. Like cutting a hole in fabric to put over a standing lamp to soften the spot light's edges. In an attempt to create a feel of awe after exploring this dark cave all day and then you enter a huge camber with these trees and the first natural light you've seen in (D&D) days shining in. Could be a fun story climax location and dope diorama.

Anyways, you have great ideas!
This is very similar to what I have been thinking all along too. I have been more interested in using the forest for inside "grow" areas in caverns and dungeons than as an actual outside forest. I'm hoping to get more forest next year as I went caverns heavy this round.
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

Papa_Stevie
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Papa_Stevie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:43 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:41 pm
Lastly, I'm thinking Dreadhollow will look good with caverns.
I agree!
I am hoping to recreate something similar to the SOn Doong cave or the ones in SA that they base jump into. Basically, a very large cave chamber with an opening that allows light in to grow the plants. Maybe a secret druid ring in a cave? I hope to embellish it with lighting, such as a dark room and take a light source to show the light coming down in just that circle. Like cutting a hole in fabric to put over a standing lamp to soften the spot light's edges. In an attempt to create a feel of awe after exploring this dark cave all day and then you enter a huge camber with these trees and the first natural light you've seen in (D&D) days shining in. Could be a fun story climax location and dope diorama.

Anyways, you have great ideas!

Doleo_DF
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Doleo_DF » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Yes, the 3x3 is going to make things difficult. I wish they stuck with 2x2, 4x4, and 8x8 tiles. (everything incremental by 2's)

If the 6x3 tiles were 4x2 I would easily throw them in city builder next to buildings etc.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Dreadhollow and Other Sets

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:41 pm

Anyone else besides me super stoked about how Dreadhollow will look with our other sets? It's the most excited I've been for a set since KS2 and getting elevation in caverns.

I'm looking forward to mixing Dreadhollow and the old cavernous rivers and lakes expansion mainly; I think it will look completely awesome with the old resin water. I'm hoping it will look halfway as good as I envision it.

I really wish Dreadhollow was on a 4x4 grid instead of 3x3. It would have made it a lot easier to integrate into CBS streets for urban trees. It can still be done, but it won't look as neat. Still, I'm looking forward to it. My favorite CBS setup I've ever done used flocked trees and it looked pretty good.

Lastly, I'm thinking Dreadhollow will look good with caverns. Maybe not the walls as much, but the floors should mix pretty well with the right transition pieces from rocky ground to fertile soil and tree roots. The scatter terrain pack should help as well.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”