KS2 Ice Caverns in KS6 Paint

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Re: KS2 Ice Caverns in KS6 Paint

Post by arsthein » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:39 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:47 pm
Perhaps the base is a little more gray to better match the resin caverns?
If you ask me I would say I don't think so, I have resin caverns and they are very very clear white (with bluish reflections) more than white drybrushed (looks PHENOMENAL indeed in person, it's one of those things that no pics make justice, with very realistic light reflection). In the comparison video Nate did, the KS6 ice looks much darker.

Crossing fingers the final factory painting looks more white and more in line with the resin, I would love to expand my resin ice with KS6 ice, but Right now I'm not convinced, I would rather have the option to throw the KS6 ice in the middle of resin pieces with no concerns about the painting.

Greetings!

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:25 pm

I do not have KS2 ice caverns or KS6 on the way but I think they would work well together.

Not mixed in together but as KS6 being to tie in to KS2 caverns.

Anventure in caverns moves into cold KS6 caverns that then move into full KS2 ice caverns for the boss battle.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:22 pm

I'm the reverse. I'd love to see some KS6 pieces case in clear Dwarvenite to be KS2 Ice Caverns compatible. I'm not sure how viable it is for DF to use the molds with a different formula or if there is enough interest to justify a special casting.

It's not that I prefer the KS2 Ice Caverns (the KS6 ones look great!) - it's just that I already have KS2 Ice Caverns and I'd rather expand my current Ice Cavern collection instead of starting to collect a new style of that set.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:47 pm
Am i totally off base, or is ks6 ice pretty much just normal cavern paint with a heavy ice (white) dry brush?

I watched the video again. KS6 ice pieces will be cast in dungeon gray with white dry brush and a blue wash I think.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:05 pm

No way to tell how to match them until we get them from the factory. The factory has always tried to come close to what DF gives them painted. But they always miss the mark on it somewhat.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:06 pm

I would like to tweak my KS2 cave pieces to match up with KS6, is there any guide or tips?

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Am i totally off base, or is ks6 ice pretty much just normal cavern paint with a heavy ice (white) dry brush?

jazzman
Orc
Orc

KS2 Ice Caverns in KS6 Paint

Post by jazzman » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Was watching one of Nates videos again on ice cavern compatibility. I wonder if DF would consider offering KS2 ice caverns in KS6 paint scheme?

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”