Still excited for Caverns

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Still excited for Caverns

Post by zenako » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:19 pm

And with that, you evade further possibilities of effective procrastination due to the challenges of uncertainty. Alas, it appears you are now doomed to commence the cleaning and purging and reorganization that your mandate has demanded. To you good sir, good luck and godspeed.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:51 pm

zenako wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:01 am
@GODofWar, that list is calling out for someone to spend two weeks using project management software to plot out the scope and timing and interdependencies of each task. Once that rough schedule is achieved, a conference meeting of all involved parties should be held to ensure complete buy in on the scope and objectives of the project and each task. At the conclusion of that meeting, a cooling off period of a few days to give a final review before all parties sign off on the scope. With any luck we are now sometime in March and realize that the original schedule for completion in January was a complete myth and why bother....
1-I have done project management.
2-The interdependencies of the tasks are already plotted...on an old fashioned white board currently sitting on our dining room table (whoops - now displaced to the floor as processing the affairs of my deceased 101 year old mother-in-law proceeds apace)
3-Conference with Spousal Unit held and buyin achieved. Conference with Offspring Units consists of an orders briefing...they are still living at home without paying rent whilst on college break!
4-No cooling off. Imperial/Parental determination is all that is required.
5-Several parts of project already partly complete (Garage-KZ re-ordering-completion of 15mm Monster Rack in KZ-several others.

So, as Bill the Cat would say, Psssthffffplt ! - and so there.
FUrther briefings shall follow pursuant to Lagomorph Rescript.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 am
We have a long list too - but agree with the two sages about the unwritten 12th

Now you have published you do realise that regular updates are however not expected but mandatory.
Updates shall be published as commanded by Herr Rabbit.

I published the list partly expecting this sort of lagomorph hectoring...which will help keep me on track.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:01 am

@GODofWar, that list is calling out for someone to spend two weeks using project management software to plot out the scope and timing and interdependencies of each task. Once that rough schedule is achieved, a conference meeting of all involved parties should be held to ensure complete buy in on the scope and objectives of the project and each task. At the conclusion of that meeting, a cooling off period of a few days to give a final review before all parties sign off on the scope. With any luck we are now sometime in March and realize that the original schedule for completion in January was a complete myth and why bother....

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:27 am

We have a long list too - but agree with the two sages about the unwritten 12th

Now you have published you do realise that regular updates are however not expected but mandatory.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:38 am

Wow. Quite a list. I'll be interested to see what gets done. I too would focus on #12
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:22 am

Out of that whole list, #12 (the meanwhile) should be #1. ;)
and good luck on the other 11.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:02 pm

Both Offspring are home until 2Fe19, so I have an ambitious project underway:

THE FINAL SOLUTION.

Meaning
1-The Garage will be reived and everything not necessary and not belonging to my lovely wife gets tossed.

2-Everything from the KZ that is not needed there goes to the Garage...this includes maps on Fly Table #2, Maps stored underneath the Fly Table #1 landing table, and maps on the metal shelves over the Map Cases (no longer holding any maps) go to the Garage.

3-Actual plans to sell all my px 1000 Minitanks and about 250 board games get made, including sale dates.

4-DwF is reorganized in existing shelving so every class of DwF (Resin, KS Caverns-Dungeons-CBS-CAstles) are stored in the right order (top to bottom, Castles - Caverns) and all map cases and rolling rack are labelled with color-unique labels for each class.

5-All accessory sets (Catacombs, Woodland, MBS, DoE etc) are re-ordered in the same top-to-bottom fashion on the Building Wall plastic drawers, and labelled with corresponding colors.

6-All non-DwF building kits are similarly labelled.

7-All unneeded buildings disappear.

8-All about 3000 25mm figs are put into (Character 1.5 Flat File drawers) or (Monster (4.5 Flat File drawers) classifications, put in alpha order, and entered into my computer location file.

9-The KZ is completely cleaned, top to bottom.

10-The Library is emptied of junk and all GeoHex re-stored.

11-The Factory horizontal surfaces are cleared and the backlog of repairs/painting/assemble is begun.

With extra labor, a lot of this can get done by 2Fe19!!

Meanwhile, continue shutting down cases. So I can retire and spend ALL my time playing with family, gaming buddies and Trogs.

The Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Arbados wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:15 am
I moved my almost complete collection of every D & D module as well as my COMPLETE collection of Dungeon Magazines into my storage room long ago and there's been no impact.
Impressive!
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Arbados
Orc
Orc

Post by Arbados » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:15 am

I've moved almost all my books except for 3 shelves worth (I have 26 shelves worth of space - including the top) to my storage room. I'd gather the 3 shelves in my game room still with books and boxed sets could move as well but I'd have to find space in my storage room! The additional game room shelf space is now used for DF and terrain pieces. The terrain pieces need to be ever present as a random battle can occur at any time and I might need some quick terrain.

In truth books aren't really that needed (sad to say) as I can pull just about everything needed on the internet or my computer! In the end I believe ALL my shelves in my gaming room will hold terrain and accessories instead of books. I moved my almost complete collection of every D & D module as well as my COMPLETE collection of Dungeon Magazines into my storage room long ago and there's been no impact.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”