Feedback - KS6 Module & Live Play

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Feedback - KS6 Module & Live Play

Post by unclebilly » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:04 pm

I am old school so I have not DL this module yet. Is there any way to have this offered over at DriveThruRPG so it can be printed out in a hard copy. I am not big of reading modules or even books off a computer or tablet. I is painful to the eyes for me to do it over a long time. I would much prefer to have a hard copy of it in hand. Then just use the PDF to print out any player hand outs.

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Post by promind » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:12 am

QUESTIONS:
  • 1) Did you download the DoD module? Yes, I remember the big news thanksgiving week! we were super excited to download and jump into it. Perfect timing.
    2) Did you play the DoD module? Yes. I’m not a KS5 backer, but I found someone to sell me their DoD encounters 1-12 because of the module. Since then I purchased the lava bridge and Khri colony because of the module. And, I will end up buying the final encounter because of the module.
    3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? 100%. Blown away by the quality.
    4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? Yes absolutely.
    5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? Yes. It is a perfect way to showcase DF.
    6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? I would happily pay to keep the presentation quality on par with DoD.
    7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? Yes...
    8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? No Brainer. I’d pay for KS5 & KS6 modules as well. Where is the tip jar.
    9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? Easily
    10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? Yes.
    11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? Yes.
    12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? Yes. I think you potentially broaden the reach of your product with videos like this... especially by getting some name brand folks in a video or two. Great strategy.
Final Thoughts: The entire module concept tailored specifically to the terrain being produced, and the fact that they go hand-in-hand so well together, is what made me back KS6. I also think that for a certain subset of backers, it definitely influenced their buy-in level. For me, without the module, I could see cherry picking a couple of the encounters just to get of few pieces that I loved. However, knowing that there’s an adventure/story specifically made for the terrain and encounters, well that is too tough to resist. No doubt, the module concept drove a much higher KS6 pledge for me. It is also an end-to-end offering that no one else can really offer. At your core, you produce as a company the movie set, the stage, the background. A beautifully infinite and modular set. But you then fill that set & stage with an A+ story and plot? Well, that’s where the magic is at.

Urlik Skarsol
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Urlik Skarsol » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:57 am

Hi:

Quick background - I'm new to playing using terrain pieces and only just scored my first few sets of DF pieces through the latest restock. That said, it's been a blast and my family and friends have been much more excited in our recent campaigns. My 11 year old is so enamored that he set up a 'tip jar' to go towards KS7...

1) Did you download the DoD module? Yes
2) Did you play the DoD module? Not yet, but only because we're in another campaign.
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? As a DM, it looks great.
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? Yes.
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? It will depend on how much of the pieces we score, but it seems likely.
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? Absolutely. It's a lot easier for a busy DM to pare stuff out vs. trying to pad out a thinner module.
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? Probably not a decider, but I think the allure of the module is that it would tip me towards acquiring more than I might otherwise.
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? At $5, no problem. At $10, I might pass. Any higher and you'll start competing with Google ("C@vern Deep free pdf")
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? I'm pretty good with printing. In fact, I prefer to print and put things in a 3-ring binder when I'm running encounters.
Finally, we made an actual play video for the first 3 Encounters of DoD, which is here. It was relatively easy to produce (compared to the module). Is that sort of content something that's worth doing for Caverns Deep? Which leads me to a few more questions:

QUESTIONS:
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? Yes
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? Yes
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? Yes

I thought the gameplay in the DoD video was excellent, and I wanted to send it to some of my less 'engaged' players as a nice example. Unfortunately, I don't want to spoil the DoD...

You might consider using different tactics in the videos as game play examples. In some cases, you cover the dungeons with cloth and expose the new areas, in another you could wheel them in as pre-builds on the terrain trays and add them in. Maybe you just leave the assembled (unpopulated) dungeon exposed and intact, and shine a spotlight on the area of interest.

With regards,

-t

Shadowdragon

Post by Shadowdragon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:39 am

1) Did you download the DoD module? Yes, many many many times.

2) Did you play the DoD module? Yes I'm currently running it now.

3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? Ya, it's been amazing so far. You guys did great on the module found a error with the crocodile attacks tier 2 attacks are mixed up with tier 1 it seems. And puzzle floor solution has an errors. Created a bit of confusion in setting it up.

4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? Absolutely! Hopefully they live through d.o.d.

5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module?that is the plan.

6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? Ya the other module in its final form was great even as a unexperianced dm.

7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? Yes, give us printed copies please.

8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? If that was the only option, but considering the amount I seem to spend if charged for pdf access I may scrimp out at that point.

9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? This on the other hand would be a yes...take all my monies hard cover would be amazing.

Finally, we made an actual play video for the first 3 Encounters of DoD, which is here. It was relatively easy to produce (compared to the module). Is that sort of content something that's worth doing for Caverns Deep? 
Ya I've watched them, I've really love watching other people play as much as I do playing sometimes and watching people who worked hard making it enjoy it as well. Do more lol ..especially deadliest dungeon designer type ones..

QUESTIONS:
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? Ya, all so far. It's great to see how differently some rooms get played out from our tables run.

11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? Yup great job on the costume flips by the way that was amazing.

12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? More, more, MORE... please and thanks.(in canadien)

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:38 pm

1) Did you download the DoD module? Yep!
2) Did you play the DoD module? I have not.
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? There were parts I enjoyed. I liked seeing more detailed shots of the terrain, and I liked seeing some examples of puzzles / riddles used with it.
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? I do!
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? Probably not, though I may cherry pick some puzzles from it.
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? I think it can be simplified quite a bit. No need for all the extra textures and image mattes.
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? Not really.
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? Probably, yeah.
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? Possibly. If it included a bunch of alternate builds as well - other ways the terrain pieces could be used - I would be much more interested.
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? I skimmed through a few of them. My main reaction is I really wished they focused more on the terrain!
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? Yep.
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? I would, and if they focused more on the terrain / were a bit shorter, I'd likely watch them all the way through! (If you had CR or TAZ play through some modules, I'd watch that over & over)

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

Feel free to keep it coming!

kgallaghar
Goblin
Goblin

Post by kgallaghar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:45 am

2) Did you play the DoD module? No, I might use an idea or two in it for my own campaigns.
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? n/a
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? yes
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? not sure, again, might pull an idea or two for my own campaigns.
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? it would be nice
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? It's a nice addition
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? no
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? no
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? no, but watching people play D&D not a thing for me.
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? no
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? It's nice you do it as it may interest folks who would otherwise not understand the fun of D&D.

stenfisker
Goblin
Goblin

Post by stenfisker » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:54 am

QUESTIONS:
2) Did you play the DoD module? I played 3 of the encounters
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? Yes
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? Yes
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? Will play parts of it
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? I can do with somewhat less
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? Yes
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? Yes, for sure
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? Yes, very much !
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? Yes
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? Yes, the full episode
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? Yes. I would also like to see one or two short "DM-prep" videos. Something where the DM (on his own) sets up a few encounters and talks a little about what he expects will happen, possible troubleshooting, alternate ways to set up the encounter and the like.

As several others have already commented, I also find it entertaining and inspiring to read the the entire module, but I will most likely only use some of the encounters and drop them into my own campaign (plug-and-play). So anything that helps that along is great !

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:51 pm

My answers would be the same as yours, although I'd consider a hard copy of the price was right. I like the videos only as a way of seeing different builds.
marcoreds wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:27 am
Hey guys, here are my answers (better late than never):

2) Did you play the DoD module? Nope. I never play published modules as they are. I greatly enjoy reading them though, to get cool ideas on encounters I can insert in my own stories. I often buy published adventures, regardless of the rules system they use, to find cool ideas to use in my own world and setting.
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? Yes I did!
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? For sure.
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? Nope (see answer 2).
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? Not necessary for me.
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? That is a nice bonus.
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? Probably.
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? No. I am international, so the greatest majority of times I buy PDFs, due to the shipping costs.
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? No. To elaborate, I do not enjoy watching other people play on a screen. I tried and watch some of the popular shows, like Critical Role, and I get really, really bored. My opinion on these shows is that it’s like watching an actor that plays a character (the player) who plays a character (the pg). I find it far too much, and super-boring.
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? No.
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? Not interesting to me.

As a final note, the part I like most about the module, is the single encounters themselves. That is, ideas on how to use in my games the scenery, so that it is relevant and “playable”, and not just a a backdrop.
Actually, even if I did get the full DoD, I agree with those here who underline the importance of making each encounter work on its own, since that’s the way I would use them anyway.
The arching story is nice to read, but I’ll never use it.

My 2 cents ✌️

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:27 am

Hey guys, here are my answers (better late than never):

2) Did you play the DoD module? Nope. I never play published modules as they are. I greatly enjoy reading them though, to get cool ideas on encounters I can insert in my own stories. I often buy published adventures, regardless of the rules system they use, to find cool ideas to use in my own world and setting.
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? Yes I did!
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? For sure.
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? Nope (see answer 2).
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? Not necessary for me.
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? That is a nice bonus.
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? Probably.
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? No. I am international, so the greatest majority of times I buy PDFs, due to the shipping costs.
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? No. To elaborate, I do not enjoy watching other people play on a screen. I tried and watch some of the popular shows, like Critical Role, and I get really, really bored. My opinion on these shows is that it’s like watching an actor that plays a character (the player) who plays a character (the pg). I find it far too much, and super-boring.
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? No.
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? Not interesting to me.

As a final note, the part I like most about the module, is the single encounters themselves. That is, ideas on how to use in my games the scenery, so that it is relevant and “playable”, and not just a a backdrop.
Actually, even if I did get the full DoD, I agree with those here who underline the importance of making each encounter work on its own, since that’s the way I would use them anyway.
The arching story is nice to read, but I’ll never use it.

My 2 cents ✌️

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”