Post by NiandoBG » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:52 pm

Here my answers

QUESTIONS:
  • 1) Did you download the DoD module? yes
    2) Did you play the DoD module? not yet running ToA Campaign at the moment
    3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? yes, very cool
    4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? yes
    5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? yes
    6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? you can do less on visuals and reduce the scalability of different levels
    7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? yes, but further more I would like a collaboration between you and DnD to be able to build the maps of official campaigns with DF pieces
    8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? yes
    9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? no, because English is not my first language
QUESTIONS:
  • 10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? the first three
    11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom?yes you inspired me a lot and I will copy some of your DM skills ;)
    12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? nice to have but not necessary
We'll probably send out a survey to the full KS6 backer group, but I'd love to hear opinions from you guys in a place where you can actually elaborate and discuss, etc.

And you can be frank here. Don't worry about ruffling feathers. I want your honest feedback.

Thanks!
[/quote]

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Feedback - KS6 Module & Live Play

Post by dice4hire » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:07 pm

I downloaded the module but did not really read it in detail or play it. I rarely use modules from any company and i did not get enough of the basic encounters to really do the module as written in any case. I think I only got 5 of the full encounters. I will have less in CD.

Overall the videos of play do not interest me very much either as i do not watch that kind of thing from any company.

All that said I think DF did a good job on the whole effort though.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

wallyjuice
Kobold
Kobold

Post by wallyjuice » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:59 pm

QUESTIONS:

1) Did you download the DoD module? YES

2) Did you play the DoD module? YES

3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? YES

4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? YES

5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? YES

6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod?
The full color handouts are great looking, and my group loves them. It doesn't need as much photographic art throughout, however. In my opinion, you can save your production time for the handouts and the build guides (which are excellent). The handouts really make your module a stand out vs others.

7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7?
Now that I'm spoiled by DOD, YES, I do definitely want a module for Caverns Deep. I think that your team, best of all, can maximize the playability of the terrain you've developed. Especially since this product was sold as a series of encounters, rather than just a pile of pieces.

8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7?
Now that I'm spoiled by DOD, I'd say no. Since you are selling an encounter-based product, it makes sense to me that you provide the "best experience" you can come up with for those encounters. This is a premium product with a premium price, and I think that an included module makes sense. Now if you go back to selling product through Kickstarter that is NOT encounter-based (like Cities, Caverns, Castles, and Dungeons were) then I would understand not including a module.

9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? Probably not. Once we are done playing through once, it's going to be shelved for a very long time.

QUESTIONS:

10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? NO
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? NO
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? I have no real interest.

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:14 pm

1) Did you download the DoD module? YES

2) Did you play the DoD module? 2 Encounters, but used a bunch of other ideas from the module.

3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? YES

4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? YES

5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? Likely a couple of the encounters.

6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? YES plaese, really enjoying the layout and detail of the DoD module.

7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? Not knowing anything about KS7 a module isn't a big factor.

8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? YES
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? YES, I would buy the DoD module right now as a printed copy.

10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? Yes, the first with Nate (you) as DM, was fun to watch and well played. The others I took a VERY brief look at, they were no where near as good.

11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? YES.

12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? If you do them. If done by those other groups no thanks.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:26 pm

QUESTIONS:
1) Did you download the DoD module? Yes
2) Did you play the DoD module? Yes, multiple times ;)
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? Yes
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? Yes
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? Yes
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? For the handouts, yes. They are what make you unique I feel. That, and the ability to have the pieces match the descriptions of the rooms almost perfectly.
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? It would be nice but not essential.
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? Yes
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? Yes, if prices reasonably.
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? Yes, part of one
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? Part of it
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? Meh

I -REALLY- like the handouts you guys had in the module; it really added to the whole thing.

That being said, what I feel would work better would be to perhaps scale back the campaign-ness of the adventure and instead do one-shot encounters for each room that have a loose theme a DM can extrapolate on if they want their party going through each encounter in sequence. Save the full campaign for the Mythras books and slot in DoD, Caverns Deep, etc.

Most of us don't have a full DoD or Caverns Deep. Please try to make the module as plug-and-play as possible so DMs can easily slide a room or two into their campaign and not have it lose its charm. For many of us, just a few rooms of a Kickstarter is all we own so the entire module loses its value unless you can actually utilize it with the terrain. Additionally, if suddenly glyphstones are of no consequence, and someone is just using the Gauntlet encounter, then that glyphstone handout isn't needed and that tactile experience for the players is lost. I would like to see the ability to put a room into a random campaign and still have my players get the full experience with handouts.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:58 pm

QUESTIONS: 1-9 NO or N/A
I really do not use modules

QUESTIONS:
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? YES but only yours so far

11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? YES and it was fun but I do not think I would have watched it if I was not into DF

12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? Yes, but I guess my question is what is the purpose of these videos? During the KS I enjoyed the videos and animations showing off the terrain be they silly fun ones or just instructional ones because they gave me ideas on how I would use the terrain I would be pledging for. Basically they were advertisements. So what are these videos? If they are advertisements, are they showing what DF sells are they showing how much fun it is to use DF terrain in games are they just giving DF market exposure? Or are am I completely thinking about these videos wrong, are they not advertising at all are they just something fun for DF to create because some of the DF crew loves making videos?

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:43 pm

Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:38 pm
I didn't download, play it or watch it, although I plan on doing these things. I believe there will be a market for a DoD style module, but I also think there is a strong value in follow-ups. That is, "here's another adventure idea you can use with your beautiful terrain...". Namely, a series. It could even be for individual encounters areas. A library of room ideas based upon DF terrain. We post them here and there, but a collected, organized location would be great. I borrow ideas from poster's images all the time. What's missing is how they use those builds. And as a DM, well, occasionally I'm dry on ideas. Just my two cents.
+100, A second campaign re-using the DoD tile composition would I think help teach newcomers how customization/versatile the system is. How even just a non-campaign "Zaltar's Book of Deadly Puzzles" of 10-15 non-connected rooms would have a lot of value for people dropping stuff into a campaign, and using generally available pieces. But at that point the additional product needs to stand on its own at an appropriate price point.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:38 pm

I didn't download, play it or watch it, although I plan on doing these things. I believe there will be a market for a DoD style module, but I also think there is a strong value in follow-ups. That is, "here's another adventure idea you can use with your beautiful terrain...". Namely, a series. It could even be for individual encounters areas. A library of room ideas based upon DF terrain. We post them here and there, but a collected, organized location would be great. I borrow ideas from poster's images all the time. What's missing is how they use those builds. And as a DM, well, occasionally I'm dry on ideas. Just my two cents.

ZayrZas
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ZayrZas » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:13 pm

1) Did you download the DoD module? yes
2) Did you play the DoD module? yes
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module? loved it
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module? yes
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module? yes
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod? yes, please
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7? would be nice but not essential
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7? hard to say... probably not if the other option is more money for terrain
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules? No! I don't need more stuff piling up in my apartment. All the space is reserved for terrain anyway...

QUESTIONS:

10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos? no
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom? no
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep? no

bobywan

Post by bobywan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:34 am

QUESTIONS:
1) Did you download the DoD module?
Yes
2) Did you play the DoD module?
6 first encounters
3) Did you enjoy the DoD Module?
Absolutly! Had to adapt to my players group & minis, but great source of inspiration!
4) Do you plan on downloading the Caverns Deep module?
Yes
5) Do you plan on playing the Caverns Deep module?
Yes
6) Do you want the Caverns Deep module to be as elaborate in terms of presentation as the DoD mod?
Would be sooo great
7) Do you even care about having a module included in your pledge for KS7?
8) Would you pay $5-$10 for a PDF module of the DoD caliber for KS7?
Seems legit for that amount of work
9) Would you be interested in buying a hardcover copy of any of our modules?
Definitivly

Finally, we made an actual play video for the first 3 Encounters of DoD, which is here. It was relatively easy to produce (compared to the module). Is that sort of content something that's worth doing for Caverns Deep? Which leads me to a few more questions:

QUESTIONS:
10) Did you watch any of the Descent into Doom videos?
couple ones
11) Did you watch the first episode (the one we produced) for Descent into Doom?
Yes! amazing quality. Loved the closed action camera
12) Would you like to see similar videos for Caverns Deep?
sure !

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”