Help! I've got DFKISS!

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Help! I've got DFKISS!

Post by GardenDM » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:29 pm

I was also surprised by the amount of assembly required for Bones (even small minis) this time. Past KS's have come mostly one-piece for small and even most medium figures.

On the flip side, there is a noticeable improvement in detail and almost no mold lines (none that I've observed so far), so probably a fair trade.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:43 am

Just got my bones order, the core plus two add-on sets of 46 minis each. OMG. First Bones KS. I had no idea they..............come.....................unassembled! How do people get glue off their finger pads?

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:04 am

Bones is one reason I really support other KS that come prepainted!!!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:13 am

My Bones shipment was terrifying - the size and weight of the box daunted me to even open it - i have skipped the core set each year, but this was the best core bundle i have seen (great sculpts, lots of versatile usable minis, and things that made me just WANT to paint them even if i didn't need them) - now i need to live to be 273yrs old without my eyes failing (more than they already have) or my hands shaking
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:00 pm

I pledged for a lot of bones IV, and they are on the slow boat to Australia now. I got most of the big pieces like I like to do. I saw a pic of Argent next to Tiamat on the forums, they are of a similar size. Glad I got an argent.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Post by RisingSeraph » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:11 pm

You're all absolutely right about bones. I'm going to focus on mine as well. Still have a bunch of old KS1-3 not finished and the KS4 box just showed up. I'm about to get cracking on the 5-headed dragon as my players are finally getting close to encountering Tiamat in our game.

Would be interested in seeing how you all paint yours, especially that Stygian Barge. A cruise down the Styx across multiple planes would be great for a campaign.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:38 pm

I was looking at a pile of white when the last KS rolled through so I only pledged for about 11 minis. Mostly bigger pieces in my order, there are two trees for the crows ;) , a Roc and one Stygian Barge set (considering all of it as one). This is one Bones KS I'm NOT fearing. :lol:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:46 am

I ordered some of the stuff they are waiting on, so my wave 2 order is likely 3 weeks out before I get it. :(
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:34 am

And you can look forward to the next shipment on Bones arriving sometime soon, if you backed their latest KS as well...I still have some early bones KS minis stashed in the unpainted boxes. I was somewhat selective on which ones got the earlier paint jobs. (The lizardmen, orcs, and undead tended to go to the head of the line often...and not many if any of them left to paint.)

GriffinTamer
Orc
Orc

Post by GriffinTamer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Painting Bones miniatures is one way to pass the time.

Or, of course, painting your DF KS5 (4,3,2,1) stuff if like me you ordered unpainted.

I try to hold myself to a rule of trying to get everything from the previous KS painted before the next one arrives. So far I've had about 75% success. At this point I have my KS5 about 3/4 painted so I have high hopes I'll make it this time. If only I hadn't decided to do a green marble paint job on all the columns it might have been an easier task. :lol:

Don't even ask me how far I've gotten on my Bones though... :roll:

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”