It’s late July! It’s late July!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: It’s late July! It’s late July!

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:14 pm

We should hopefully be getting an update soon. If I were DF I'd try to have it out before GenCon so you can tell people the booth number, events, etc.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:49 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:57 am
MrMorden wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:06 am
Sorry man, they meant REALLY late July... 😆
When you put it that way, August is technically late July. :P
I think of the two words, "Late July", we should really only expect "Late". Then, we won't be disappointed regardless of when it comes.

I trust DF is doing everything in their power to get shipments going. :)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:28 pm

I'm simultaneously in the "eager to get my hands on this awesome new stuff" and "willing to patiently wait pretty much as long as it takes" camps. Rather they take the time to get it right than rush and have errors. :)

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:01 pm

I'm not even sure what to expect for the first wave - would any add-on packs be coming?
For example, the Floor Pack - I think all of those pieces are under the Enc 6 cut off (if that's in fact how it works).

Regardless, Crinkly Walls will be built....soon(ish).

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:36 am

John D wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:01 pm
I'm not even sure what to expect for the first wave - would any add-on packs be coming?
For example, the Floor Pack - I think all of those pieces are under the Enc 6 cut off (if that's in fact how it works).

Regardless, Crinkly Walls will be built....soon(ish).
The last we heard was that the first wave would be encounters 1-6 only
So not expecting this to include Add-on sets - even those that are included in those encounters :(
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:40 am

They also said something that seemed like add ons in those encounters would ship also, but it was far from clear. I really hope for clarity soon. They only have a week or so till they are off to Gencon.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:42 am

Sadly, based on past experience, “late July” means “July 31,” and honestly even that may not happen. I’d hate to go through my old emails and post an exact chart, but I do know that these promises usually end up translated as “latest possible date within what was said - and maybe not even that”.

It’s a shame, but there has been a pattern of “DF realizes its projections were overly optimistic - DF makes more conservative projection for next set - DF also makes next set much more complicated - DF’s adjusted projections are still inaccurate.”

I’m hoping that shipments of 1-6 begin by the last day of July, but I’m fully prepared for one of two other outcomes - (1) shipments begin in mid-August and we all just accept that as close enough; (2) there’s an update (which, again, sadly probably won’t come before July 30) saying that the new ETA is for things to start shipping at late X.

:(

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:52 am

Yeah, I try not to be negative about these kinds of things, but ......

I am still pretty sure all my stuff will be Fallish, Winterish, perhaps even 2020ish.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:37 am

Delays are a thing. DF gives us their best guess I'm sure, and sometimes that guess is wrong for reasons beyond their control. Just take all delivery dates with a grain of salt -- that's not unique to DF by any means.

I'm excited to get the CD stuff, but I have so much painting to do and other hobby irons in the fire, that it's just going to be a pleasant surprise when it happens.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:21 am

In our old age we get quite sanguine about Kickstarters and their delivery estimates, DF are still better than 95% we have backed.

DF is the only one we actively monitor, through this forum :)

Delays happen, we prefer that they didn't, especially DF ones as we get very excited to get new dwarvenite and particularly excited for Dreadhollow :) much more then we were for DoD.

But whenever it arrives it will be awesome and we will have been drooling all over the cool builds you colonials will have been posting ;)
dice4hire wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:52 am
Yeah, I try not to be negative about these kinds of things, but ......

I am still pretty sure all my stuff will be Fallish, Winterish, perhaps even 2020ish.
Do not be negative, you want to be positive or it might affect your rolls. For a mercenary you do not want a reputation for not rolling saves ;)

One other thing :)

We expect that DF will bust a gut to get all deliveries to customers before KS7 as DooFer pictures will go a long way to help sell anything that is Dreadhollow related.

Even better if DF can have it available in the retail store. For KS7 backers to spend more money on.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”