It’s late July! It’s late July!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: It’s late July! It’s late July!

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:15 pm

No, they don't match the resin caverns either. I checked those too. I'll try to get some pictures tonight.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:38 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:31 pm
The drybrush is a lot darker brown than the old ones. I thought they would try to match KS2, and while they I guess kind of can, they are definitely a different color side by side. If I mix everything up maybe it will all blend together?
Does that mean they are a good match for the resin caverns? :?: :P :?: (I actively dislike KS2’s drybrushing, so I am encouraged to hear that KS6 is not identical.)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:31 pm

Ok so I forgot to take pictures, but for those of you that did get an early shipment, have you compared the new Caverns Deep pieces to the KS2 caverns pieces?

The drybrush is a lot darker brown than the old ones. I thought they would try to match KS2, and while they I guess kind of can, they are definitely a different color side by side. If I mix everything up maybe it will all blend together?
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:23 am

John D wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:53 pm
Pizzabagel wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:56 am
I’m hoping to receive some of the KS6 pieces before they close the pledge manager for KS 6.66. It might convince me to buy more pieces if I really like the new caverns pieces (I.e. trifecta, passages etc.(
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:08 pm
Yeah, I haven't confirmed my KS6.66 pledge yet for that very reason.

Messing around with the pieces from the Summoner's Chamber convinced me to add a Lava Adv Builder Pack - I love the 4x4 convex curve, and those 1x1s are great problem solvers. But, yeah I didn't realize that until I had them in hand.
Thanks for the tip. I don’t have any 1x1 in my Hellscape pledge, so I need to look for a way to get sonme. I’m a little disappointed they didn’t put some in the floor pack.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:06 am

unclebilly wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:18 am
aggothard wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:08 am
Thank you. I couldn’t figure out how to post those lol.
I just upload my pictures to Imgur https://imgur.com/ then you can just click the BBCode copy button and past it here on the forums and the picture will post.

We upload ours to https://www.flickr.com/ and then click share select BBCode and size and paste the URL here :)

Image2019-06-27 19.51.43 (2) by Rabbit Burner, on Flickr

We trim the URL to remove the 'annoying' text, you only need the "[img......../img]" portion of the URL

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:05 am

That bright purple is not good :(

You could argue that the rest is OK, but there really should be a consistent paint job even if it does not exactly match the prototypes. As long as it is not consistent bright purple either.

Hopefully DF will get on top of the factory about this.

They may not like the different paint schemes but ultimately they signed up to it and should look to meet the requirements as any professional organisation would, or they don't get repeat business.
Saxon1974 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 pm
DF is too busy with Hellscape and Plaguestone right now:)

Different people are responsible for distribution so Hellscape and Plaguestone not getting in the way of distributing Caverns Deep :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:33 pm

Yea I am more than capable of painting and I do a great job of it when I do. But I don't want to do it right now. I have a back log of things that goes way back to the 80s haha that still needs to be painted. I order a ton and I mean the top pledges in the KS, that is a lot of stuff to paint. I am more than willing to pay the extra money to have it painted. I just ask for a good paint job on it.

ilionblaze
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ilionblaze » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:49 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:08 pm
Maybe alternate paint schemes should be people painting at home? Lots of variety there, but kinda uneven quality.
That would definitely leave some untapped market though. Many of us only buy pre-painted. While I like the idea of painting my own stuff I don't have the time and have never bothered to develop the skill. One of the reasons I love DF is because I can buy pre-painted terrain. I admit I did not buy any underdoom in KSVI, but I may in the future and I did go in pretty far for KS6.66.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:36 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:45 pm
To be fair 95% of the Underdoom stuff i have seen looks great - but the bad pieces are REALLY bad

Still think alternate paint schemes should be separate KS's - simpler for DF, simpler for the factory - it does require patience from the consumers though and we are not a patient lot ;)
Or perhaps will ship later so the factory is only working on one paint scheme at a time. My guess is that having tons of employees painting hundreds of thousands of peices in multiple paint schemes is a QC nightmare for the factory.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:23 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:45 pm
To be fair 95% of the Underdoom stuff i have seen looks great - but the bad pieces are REALLY bad

Still think alternate paint schemes should be separate KS's - simpler for DF, simpler for the factory - it does require patience from the consumers though and we are not a patient lot ;)
Yep. Almost like Hellscape ;) Repaint of a lot of the KS6 pieces.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”