Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: It’s late July! It’s late July!

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:15 am

MrMorden wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:59 pm
People get awfully serious over a product that is supposed to bring joy! :D

Remember nothing is do or die in this KS business. You'll be able to get what you want at retail if you realize you want more of something. In fact, I often use that as a strategy. Buy what I know I want in the KS and wait for retail for things I *might* want or just can't justify in the KS pledge. There's a lot of hand-wringing about retail availability, but I missed the first FIVE Kickstarters and still managed to get everything I wanted at retail, and I bought a LOT. I have never had a piece of Dwarvenite from previous sets I was not able to get, if I just relaxed and waited a month or two for a restock.

And if you buy something and realize it's a dud piece for you, there's always eBay or trading on this forum.
The sentiment here we kinda agree on, in that these are definitely 1st world problems. But DooFers invested their hard earned money a year ago into this venture, and money is always serious in the real world. As soon as you do not take it seriously then either you rich beyond your spending capacity or you running a big risk of getting arse bitten later in life.

So its not that surprising that DooFers get a little ornery when they feel they are not getting their money's worth.
unclebilly wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:18 pm
MrMorden wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:59 pm

Remember nothing is do or die in this KS business. You'll be able to get what you want at retail if you realize you want more of something.
This does not always work for DF stuff. There is no guarantee that the stuff from the KS will hit the store and if it does sometimes it sells out as soon as it does. Then you will need to wait for a restock when and if it happens again. This is why I get almost everything I think I will need/want in the KS.
We are with ub here, we assess the best we can the sculpts in the pictures, builds, videos etc and how we can use them and pledge for as many we think we will need, not some now see how they are and get more in retail if they are good. Its always good ....... yeah that has been our experience with DF its all been good, not thought once "if we knew it would be like this we would not have ordered it"
Oldent wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:02 pm
Most of what I want is in wave two :(
It would be nice to receive KSVI 1 6 before I complete my pledge for 666. The update for this month is not due yet.
Everyone else and their brother is late too :x It is frustrating :!: I guess I will paint something ;)
Agreed and we have been doing a lot of painting and will carry on until CD hits the warren.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

ilionblaze
Orc
Orc

Post by ilionblaze » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:41 am

An update for the month at an earlier time would have been kind of boring anyway. At best it would have been "We're still on time," which, sure would be nice to hear, but obviously want we want is the update that says, "We're shipping now!"

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:13 am

ilionblaze wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:41 am
An update for the month at an earlier time would have been kind of boring anyway. At best it would have been "We're still on time," which, sure would be nice to hear, but obviously want we want is the update that says, "We're shipping now!"
Well, I interpreted their latest update (shipping begins late July) as: shipping from US warehouse. If that holds true, then there is a lot going on before: Containers should be on their way to US, already. I hope they are also on their way to EU and rest of the world already. So if they are really on schedule, they should already have a lot to tell.

Or do you think „shipping begins“ means „from China to US“? I would find that odd because they also stated, shipping would ramp up slowly, because not all will arrive at the warehouse at the same time.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:13 pm

I was definitely reading this as shipping from warehouse to backers begins late July, and am still hopeful that's the case even if there's a ramp up period. My hope is that an interim update about containers arriving just didn't happen with all of the craziness surrounding KS6.66 and now GenCon prep, but we'll still get a single July update telling us that containers have arrived and what the rollout plan is looking like from the warehouse, along with status of the latter part of the encounters.

I'm trying to be very optimistic :lol:

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 pm

And just before anyone asks, the team at GenCon is not the same team at the warehouse that ships out pledges. So everything regarding delivery shouldn't (theoretically) be delayed by SDCC or GenCon going on.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Just to say it, I fully understand these are not 1st world problems.

But since this is a DF-toys forum, I prefer to talk about DF-toys topics here, rather than 1st world problems... :D

I say "I'd like to have previous KS in hand before having to choose for the next KS" as I would say "I would rather have watermelon icecream rather than strawberry icecream", not as in "if I don't have watermelon icecream right now I will first kill the icecream seller and then commit suicide". :D

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:38 pm

Sigh. I hate being right. New update. We’re behind. Shipping begins in August now.

I’m a broken record in this area by now. But 1) if *I* can see it coming, something needs to change. It’s too predictable lately that things are always late. 2) I agree they do well but I am completely in favor of whining on this point. People gave them thousands of dollars about a year ago. Some people give enough to buy a car. It is absolutely legit to be upset when deadlines are missed. Particularly when they get missed so often.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:48 pm

That said, I'm pleased to see the Starter Dungeon in the first wave, so maybe I will see something in the first wave.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Yeah, and it seems they are again going to spend a lot of extra money shipping stuff out in waves. While i am sure people like getting stuff as fast as possible, it is expensive and basically says they are not really a month or two late, but nearly six months late.

Amd wave one is not much, what, like 15% of the total? Only encounters, and only 1-6 of 15, which are among the smallest encounters. Very few add-ons also.

Effectively this whole thing is 6 months late just like last time.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Will Wave 1 include the component subsets from Encounters 1-6? It’s not clear.

The only complete Encounter I ordered was Encounter 1, but I also ordered several Core Packs and Adventure Packs from Encounters 1-6.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”