It’s late July! It’s late July!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: It’s late July! It’s late July!

Post by William » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:01 pm

Per update -
The first wave contains; Encounters 1-6, Cavern Starter Sets, Adventure Essentials 1-3 & 1-6.
The second wave contains everything else (Encounters 7-15, Terrain Trays, Add-Ons, etc

So, :?:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Further proof that smaller kickstarters are a better business model, IMHO. If it's a 2 years cycle from development to delivery for these big ones, in order to keep consistent cash flow coming in yearly, they need to try to shorten that cycle to 1 year. If they don't do that, they will ALWAYS be launching a new KS while an older one (or two) is unfulfilled. Delays in delivery cause delays in launching a new line, and time is money. Most of the time it's better to make less now (smaller kickstarters) if you can reinvest the money and churn it to make more money. Delays cause money to sit idle.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:15 pm

All of my Kick Starters are late. My resin LOTR columns are late. My 3D printing is late. :shock: :o :(

Most of the things I really want are in the second wave.The pledge manager will be ready before I see 1 6.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:31 pm

I’m considering telling DF to hold my pledge to ship all at once. It will save them money, and there is something marvelous about opening a giant trove of Dwarvenite all at once.

NiandoBG
Ogre
Ogre

Post by NiandoBG » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:34 pm

So we got some kind of update -Thanks a lot.
But did it help me personaly?
I'm not sure how to read/interpret the update!

I pledged for Essentials 1-11 unpainted + a lot of add-ons and the crystal encounter.

What would this mean if I would live in US?
Would I have to wait to get it 1-11 or would they split my pledge into smaller units e.g. 1-6 + rest?
If I would have to wait, it would feel like a reward for backers with low pledge levels...
and people who pledged 1k+ would have to wait.... :(
Rather than wait for all the containers to arrive, we will start shipping your sets as they become available. This means you will get your sets as quickly as possible. It also means you may get two shipments in this first wave.

Non-North American shipments will start soon thereafter.

Did anyone understood, what this means for EU customers??
From an EU perspective it is quite disappointing to get almost no information. :(
We pay a lot of money for shipping (and VAT) especially compared to US customers!!!
Don't get me wrong I don't want to get a vip status based on the high shipping cost - but I would really appreciate if we would get information about the shipping outside of NA at the same detail level like NA customers.

Please understand my complaints/feelings as avenues to improve in the future. I'm totally aware that such a big KS is quite difficult to handle. I 100% trust DF to do their best to get everything as early as possible.
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

Timcz83
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Timcz83 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:39 pm

I just read it as they will ship all the 1-6 encounters first to North American customers, then to the rest of the world. Then in October all the stuff for 7 onwards and the smaller sets will start shipping.

I’m from Australia so I guess I too will be waiting a little longer for my first shipment which is fine. It’s not like it’s another few months or anything.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Full shipping text from update -

First Wave of Shipping

The first wave of shipping will begin in August and continue through September.

Our first wave of product is arriving in three containers. The first container arrives at the end of this month and will be ready to start shipping at the beginning of August. That will be followed by a second and third container which should arrive later in August.

Our first container contains about 30% of our production run of the following sets:

Cavern Starter - Painted (Standard, Ice, Underdoom)
Cavern Starter - Unpainted
Encounter 1, 3, & 5 - Painted
Encounters 1-6 - Unpainted
Cavern Entrance - Unpainted
Adventure Essentials 1-3 - Unpainted
Adventure Essentials 1-6 - Unpainted

The second and third containers contain more of these sets, as well as the rest of the painted sets not included in the first container (Encounters 2, 4, & 6, Adventure Essentials 1-3, and Adventure Essentials 1-6).

Rather than wait for all the containers to arrive, we will start shipping your sets as they become available. This means you will get your sets as quickly as possible. It also means you may get two shipments in this first wave.

Non-North American shipments will start soon thereafter.

Second Wave of Shipping

Our second wave of product is currently scheduled to arrive in October, and should start shipping that month. The second wave will contain all the remaining sets not included in the first wave.

We will keep you posted on the progress of the second wave.

Once again, if you wish to wait and get your entire order in one shipment, or if you have any address changes, please e-mail us at customersupport@dwarvenforge.com.

We can't wait to get all these new sets into your hands! Thanks for your patience with this final leg of the journey. We're almost there!
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:08 pm

I read it as whole encounters, not parts of them. Or add-ons that are part of the encounter

That is why I say DF is really not shipping much in wave one.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Wave 1 will be substantial for those who went with a simple Essentials 1-X pledge, or a Whole Cannoli pledge.

Not so good for the micromanagers among us who picked and chose. Oh well.

OTOH, the paint on the stump patches looks great!

I ordered a bunch of those. :)

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:48 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:08 pm
I read it as whole encounters, not parts of them. Or add-ons that are part of the encounter.
Nate confirmed that in the update comments section:
Nate wrote:“I think the only component pack that will ship as part of Wave 1 is the Cavern Entrance Pack.

Hopefully Wave 2 will be hot on the heels of Wave 1, and we can get you your core and adventure packs quickly.”

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”