Ogre
Ogre

Re: It’s late July! It’s late July!

Post by NiandoBG » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:25 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:00 am

Smaller KS's - on time delivery - twice as often - Hellscape was perfect

In between offerings with repaints and repackaging - Plaugestone was spot on

Build of the Month ought to have a link to a bundle of the included sets - with a discount for X number of days
I strongly agree.
That would be really cool :!:
dice4hire wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:51 pm
Another problem with their starting counting shipping in July or August is they really did not deliver even a significant fraction of their total in those months, and as I remember people did not start getting large shipments until November, though it could have been October.
An explanation of the different shipping count is that DF count from container leaves China and we count package leaves the warehouse of DF.
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:26 pm

I really do hope that Hellscape shipping and fulfillment is spot on, but who knows it it will be or not?????? That is still in the indefinite future. If they are planning on shipping on time, that container had best be on the water before the 25th of this month to beat Chinese New Year.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:26 am

NiandoBG wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:25 pm
kitenerd wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:00 am

Smaller KS's - on time delivery - twice as often - Hellscape was perfect

In between offerings with repaints and repackaging - Plaugestone was spot on

Build of the Month ought to have a link to a bundle of the included sets - with a discount for X number of days
I strongly agree.
That would be really cool :!:

+67 with these

The stance against not doing large Kickstarters is that something very cool would get left out. If these were split across two smaller Kickstarters in the same year then this would become a non issue.

Alternative paint schemes could then be offered Plaguestone style as a reprint. So the factory are not painting the same sculpts in 3 different paint schemes. Throw in a couple of new ‘details’ sculpts (think carnivorous plants in Plaguestone) which would then be available as an add-on, every DooFer would be happy :)

This would also allow DF to tighten up on delivery estimates and avoid the negativity surrounding late and/or protracted delivery.

From what has been posted over the last year it will be interesting to see what from CD makes it to retail as this may affect some DooFers in backing KS7 or waiting until retail.

Not sure it is something we will follow. We unashamedly get caught up in the DF KS circus and we like to pay early and receive a box of goodies 'sometime in the future'. Such that when we see test pieces and early deliveries we do not worry about what to get or how much it costs we have already done all that.

It is worth noting that in the KS we know exactly what it will cost us. When shopping from the webstore we have to work what import tax/duty/VAT and poxy import handling fees we will have to pay. So in addition to the KS discount we are free from all that hassle.

But given this potential trend of waiting until retail for current DooFers, then DF need to even more focus on new customers, which in turn means encounters and complete 'adventures' are here to stay.

DF have a track record of listening to DooFers and evolving how they do business. So expecting changes in 2020.

Exciting times ahead on hopefully smoother waters ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:37 am

KSVII will definitely be exciting, not matter how much or how little i pledge.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:07 pm

While I understand and often agree with everybody's call for smaller KSs, naming KS6.66 as perfect or just what we are looking for forgets that it has not in hand nor was it all new sculpts. KS6.66 worked as a KS because of all the repurposed peices from KS6, DF could not have done a small KS like 6.66 with out the KS6 peices as filler. But as a possible story for small KS for a different paint scheme it might be a better analogy. Underdoom or Ice Theme might have failed as small KSs or they might have done even better if not attached to KS6s already good paint scheme.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 pm

I might have dipped a few toes into a separate Ice Caverns KS and even a pinkie toe into Underdark one, but as it was I didn't even get all I wanted in the other themes in CD. Just too dang much for my taste and I'll be catching up forever, so I'll probably not get those Ice and Underdoom anytime soon or possibly never. But having it's own would have guaranteed at smidgen at least. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Thought we would pipe in here that we got a DF email saying our order has either shipped or will ship in the coming week :)

So its not quite late July and we know it is not Dreadhollow as that will not arrive in the EU until next week, but its some CD dwarvenite :D

soon ……...
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:13 pm

Congrats.

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:09 pm
Thought we would pipe in here that we got a DF email saying our order has either shipped or will ship in the coming week :)
Me too! Me too! Yay! (Insert insanely dancing smiley and crazyface smiley here)
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:06 am

It's late July, now, in Germany!!!!
IMG_1258.jpg
IMG_1258.jpg (132.5 KiB) Viewed 592 times
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”