Driftstone in original paint scheme?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Driftstone in original paint scheme?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:19 am

We pledged for a painted pack of Driftstones - so expecting purple flying stones roaming our battlefields in the new year .......
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:22 pm

I am getting only the one unpainted driftstone in the villain pack, so it was already going to get a unique paint job.

Very unique probably, so COVER YOUR EYES!!!!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:47 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:10 pm
I ordered an extra set unpainted as it wasn't offered during the KS. I would guess it won't be offered in the original paint scheme.
Haha just when you think you got everything you would need something comes up. I thought I had gotten a set of these unpainted to do this also. I looked at my order and I guess I did not so looks like I will have something to order once things hit the store.

Magniopi
Orc
Orc

Post by Magniopi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:34 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:25 am
I would have bought the Underdoom on its own if it was its own kickstarter.
Me too. It's my favorite special environment, but I skipped it entirely as the caverns KS was so large.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:30 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:25 am
I would like an Underdark KS, but not if they offer it in Purple Grape flavor like what we're seeing so far of the underdoom paint.

But I'd love to see some more underdark-type sculpts in normal cavern paint. And then I just change the lights in the room to add ambiance instead of buying a bunch of new colors.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:23 pm

I think the other challenge from the SKU standpoint is the packing and shipping of SKU's. While I would guess that most of the KS probably have less than 100 unique molds in use, the challenge for folks in a PM would be figuring out what bundle together. Imagine ordering 126 Vaulted Wall tiles, 97 2x2 dungeon tiles, 38 vaulted corner tiles, etc, etc. For some of the larger orders, I could see close to 1000 unique pulls that would have to be made to ship those pledges. That would be a nightmare vs just grabbing 30 larger boxes with 30ish parts in each. (I know that my DoD full order was over 1400 tiles...)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:14 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:37 am
Given that we are having a huge discussion about slipping quality of painting in several other threads, i think cutting alternate paint schemes (or saving them for a completely different production run - Underdark could have been a mini KS with mostly existing molds and an alternate paint scheme) is a really good way to help the factory meet deadlines while maintaining consistant quality levels
I've never understood why they don't do this in every KS? Molds are done,... duh!
Sure glad the gang at Paizo talked them into doing it, even though I only got some of the new stuff.
KS seems to be O.K. with re-runs as long as a small portion of the offerings are new.

A thought rolls through my head every time "SKU's" are mentioned. (1 item-1 SKU) then let us design our pledges. I know it would never fly, but that's my dream store. Let me pick what I want, I can with other products out there. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:33 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:37 am
Given that we are having a huge discussion about slipping quality of painting in several other threads, i think cutting alternate paint schemes (or saving them for a completely different production run - Underdark could have been a mini KS with mostly existing molds and an alternate paint scheme) is a really good way to help the factory meet deadlines while maintaining consistant quality levels
An underdoom KS would be a brilliant idea. :D :D
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:25 am

102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:37 am

"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”