Did Caverns Deep really have the basic needs?

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Did Caverns Deep really have the basic needs?

Post by Oldent » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:34 am

I was able to get what I needed. But I did not need basic. If I approached the KS differently I could have found enough basic tiles.
I think basic was in KSII.

Judging from what I have so far,the passage tiles are going to be very useful additions to my resin passage sets.I think I guessed right and have what I need for KS666
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:53 am

I agree KS 6.66 was more standalone. I did think 6.66 could have used more bread and butter pieces, but it probably has enough.

I was just discussing Caverns and Caverns II
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

NiandoBG
Ogre
Ogre

Post by NiandoBG » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:32 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:50 pm
To me CD was always an expansion to KSII, no0t really a stand alone set as there are too many funky pieces, every encounter has such limited floor area, and it was pretty hard to get basic pieces. Taht was better later on with late add-ons, but i remember looking at a lot of core sets looking for basic pieces and being disappointed.
Hm, not sure if it was meant that way...

If I compare it to KS 6.66 I have the feeling that KS 6.66 is more a stand alone than an expansion.
With the third circle of hell you get a lot of bread & butter / coverage pieces.
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:36 am

I think that's what he means, more variation to 2x2 build pieces for straight walls, corners and floors.

Personally I like all the "advanced" options in KS6, swell walls, convex/concave pieces, trifecta (my favs), and all the big stuff. For me it will provide plenty of options to connect my resin together. For reference I don't have any KS2 caverns except the "varied cavern set" which contained most of the wall and corner parts.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:44 pm

Arbados wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:24 am
but I'm interested in simply adding diversity to my walls and floor caverns.
Arbados wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:38 pm
Remember I simply wanted floor and wall pieces. Now, I did buy 4 Cavern Floor Sets as that was a great set for big builds with floors and I love it. However, I still wasn't able to find new and exciting walls to build around it.
Arbados I'm confused as to what the walls you would want would be. Perhaps you wanted the Trifecta walls without them being Trifecta to keep cost down? Or are you wanting more walls just like KS2 but in different sculpts like the Straight Wall and the Cascading Pool Corner in the Starter Pack?

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:20 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:50 pm
To me CD was always an expansion to KSII, no0t really a stand alone set as there are too many funky pieces, every encounter has such limited floor area, and it was pretty hard to get basic pieces. Taht was better later on with late add-ons, but i remember looking at a lot of core sets looking for basic pieces and being disappointed.
Yep. I don't think it is a problem with how it ended, but definitely more "advanced" pieces at the beginning.

Arbados
Orc
Orc

Post by Arbados » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:38 pm

The problem I had with all but 1 of the pictured sets you posted Kodiak was I felt I was paying for pieces that I really didn't want. Remember I simply wanted floor and wall pieces. Now, I did buy 4 Cavern Floor Sets as that was a great set for big builds with floors and I love it. However, I still wasn't able to find new and exciting walls to build around it.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:50 pm

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

JalanDa
Goblin
Goblin

Post by JalanDa » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:06 pm

ks2 was much more flexible in use

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:43 pm

I agree completely that it is harder to freebuild, or build without really planning/thinking through a build with the KS6 pieces I have so far.

I too am glad that I have a bunch of the basic KS2 pieces (which are pretty by themselves) and can supplement with KS6. Even though I spent 11x as much on KS6 than I did KS2 ;)

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”