Ice paint yellowing

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Ice paint yellowing

Post by unclebilly » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Yea we will see. I know in the painting video it saying that the yellow was meant to be that way, but this is an after the fact video. I think the is one of the main reasons DF needs to stop with the dark room with the smoke and tricks during the KS videos. They are fine as long as later or at the end of it you turn the lights on then show me what you have in a normal light and then you can go into detail about what they are and the way they will be painted.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:45 pm

If it is a problem, I have to think it's probably the easiest thing to fix of all the painted parts on those tiles. :?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Sometimes DF really goes to bat on these issues and sometimes it is basically live with it. I fear this time it will be the second. It may even be what they wanted though that seems unlikely. I am getting none of it so not really worrying about it though stuff like this makes me worry about the painted stuff I do get. .
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm

I'm hoping we get a resolution to this in the November KS update.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Singuy

Post by Singuy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Just used acrylic paint laying around. I did not put a varnish over it so it'll most likely rub off. Not as durable as the original paint.

Droooo
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Droooo » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:56 pm

What kind of paint do you use to touch up the enamel? Does it need to be another oil based product?

Singuy

Post by Singuy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:50 pm

Can confirm mine came yellow too. Already fixed my starter set with white plus a hint of blue. Time consuming since that yellow needs many coverage to get rid of. Hopefully DF can provide us with a partial refund or something between the cost of painted and unpainted. I still have an entire catacomb to do and not looking forward to it.

icestormganon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by icestormganon » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:13 am

I'm guessing it is the paint sealer. Some of them do that, especially when applied heavily.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:33 am

Undead36 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:09 am
I'm not sure if it's sunlight. Because even pieces near the bottom of the box in another box had the yellowing happen. I have contacted customer support and they are looking into it. After mentioning it on the kickstarter page another guy said he was having the same problem. So at least I'm not the only one.
Do you have a cat with access to the box with the pieces in it, who is jealous that the Dwarvenite is getting all the attention?
:mrgreen:

Undead36
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Undead36 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:09 am

I'm not sure if it's sunlight. Because even pieces near the bottom of the box in another box had the yellowing happen. I have contacted customer support and they are looking into it. After mentioning it on the kickstarter page another guy said he was having the same problem. So at least I'm not the only one.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”