First KS6 Builds

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: First KS6 Builds

Post by kitenerd » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:10 pm

What’s funny is I’m at relatives and hanging out distracted by kids and just sort of blindly scrolling through everything and I see the build with the multiple levels of the multiple bridges and I’m like “wow that looks like Williams work” I scroll back up - sure enough! I obviously spend too much time here when i can identify builders by thier style
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

CaptCook
Goblin
Goblin

Post by CaptCook » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:21 pm

realarete wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:24 am
Just adding this picture into this thread, was inspired by Laws elevation builds, and now here looking at Williams multiple Natural Bridges. Its simply the Bridge extension, used upside down as a walk way, or extension to a path:

IMG_0849.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

I posted in another thread - hopes its ok to show them here.
Ha! This literally made me run over to my dwarvenforge and my bridge extension piece to look at the underside. I had no idea. Learn something new every day!

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:25 am

I need to buy another natural bridge set ...

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:24 am

Just adding this picture into this thread, was inspired by Laws elevation builds, and now here looking at Williams multiple Natural Bridges. Its simply the Bridge extension, used upside down as a walk way, or extension to a path:
IMG_0849.jpeg
IMG_0849.jpeg (267.92 KiB) Viewed 345 times
IMG_0851.jpeg
IMG_0851.jpeg (203.19 KiB) Viewed 345 times
I posted in another thread - hopes its ok to show them here.

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:22 am

Great build William! Is it weird that if I squint I see a STEP-WEll hidden in there? :lol:

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:38 am

Very nice work William.

The coal look reminds me of North Wales where there are massive Slate mines and the surrounding countryside is completely dominated by massive slate slag heaps and everything is made of slate, including fence posts.

In sunshine it all look grey and when it's raining it all looks dark grey.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:49 pm

Cool stuff everyone... 8-) ... 8-) ... 8-) .
I really like the paint job on these, but here are a few oddball layouts from the mix of unpainted KS6 I ordered.
There are 2.5 Stairways to Violence to answer that first off... ;)
CD KS6 first build 01.jpg
CD KS6 first build 01.jpg (89.46 KiB) Viewed 352 times
CD KS6 first build 02.jpg
CD KS6 first build 02.jpg (109.45 KiB) Viewed 352 times
CD KS6 first build 03.jpg
CD KS6 first build 03.jpg (79.3 KiB) Viewed 352 times
CD KS6 first build 04.jpg
CD KS6 first build 04.jpg (64.13 KiB) Viewed 352 times
CD KS6 first build 05.jpg
CD KS6 first build 05.jpg (89.98 KiB) Viewed 352 times
CD KS6 first build 06.jpg
CD KS6 first build 06.jpg (81.9 KiB) Viewed 352 times
CD KS6 first build 07.jpg
CD KS6 first build 07.jpg (108.38 KiB) Viewed 352 times
CD KS6 first build 08.jpg
CD KS6 first build 08.jpg (76.44 KiB) Viewed 352 times
CD KS6 first build 09.jpg
CD KS6 first build 09.jpg (115.36 KiB) Viewed 352 times
Vile Mushroom separation on large cluster went well. Just a minor rip.
Lrg Vile Mushrm.jpg
Lrg Vile Mushrm.jpg (76.65 KiB) Viewed 352 times
Vile Mushrm Ring.jpg
Vile Mushrm Ring.jpg (86.01 KiB) Viewed 352 times
And here are my ideas on tree trunks.
I used two small Trunk Toppers for the medium height small trunk and still need to greenstuff the two short small and large trunks with hole in the tops.
New Tree Trunks.jpg
New Tree Trunks.jpg (90.3 KiB) Viewed 352 times
Sure would be nicer painted... ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

CaptCook
Goblin
Goblin

Post by CaptCook » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:28 pm

Totally know what you're all saying. The edges of terrain trays sticking out does bother me a bit too. Felt or construction paper might work well, but I wonder if something more flexible would be more... flexible. Ha.

What I mean is more like a black cotton bedsheet than thick felt. You could have more generic shapes that could be tucked in around corners a bit to cover gaps, rather than having to custom cut something for each and every shape you create. It also might be light enough to tuck under terrain with magnets on elevated terrain trays to form a curtain and cover up that dead space. May experiment a bit with this. I'll post photos when I get to it. First, more painting! So much painting.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:10 pm

arsthein wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:35 am
It is funny what irritates us a little with dungeons and caverns builds are the walls/boundary for an aesthetic point of view. They are functional for game play which is what they are designed for, but you can easily see outside the confines of the dungeon and cavern.

The same can be applied for over ground, it can be only as big as your table, but you have more room and for us and so allows for more immersion. Obviously means greater coverage is required for our terrain.

We have backing boards we need to sort out to cut out the background clutter from our pictures.

It is not a game breaker but we enjoy the cinematic experience which is why we go for DF terrain :) its just easily disrupted with Dungeons and caverns, so it does not matter if it is a terrain tray or the tabletop or a battlemap.
:shock: Congratulations, now you fiery lot of hellbunnies are making me think of a table covered in a mat representing the "interior of the earth" to put dungeons and caverns on. And that means skeletons, dragon bones (ovni's?), purple worms burrowing, crystals, and crazy things sunken in the earth between the dungeon rooms and passages...

Gods, was I not crazy enough yet?
I actually went that route for my first battle mat and think I found a pretty good options:

https://www.resinarium.com/72-x-48/260- ... 72x48.html

I got this in the double-sided version, with grass on the other side to use with Dreadhollow, etc.

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:35 am
It is funny what irritates us a little with dungeons and caverns builds are the walls/boundary for an aesthetic point of view. They are functional for game play which is what they are designed for, but you can easily see outside the confines of the dungeon and cavern.

The same can be applied for over ground, it can be only as big as your table, but you have more room and for us and so allows for more immersion. Obviously means greater coverage is required for our terrain.

We have backing boards we need to sort out to cut out the background clutter from our pictures.

It is not a game breaker but we enjoy the cinematic experience which is why we go for DF terrain :) its just easily disrupted with Dungeons and caverns, so it does not matter if it is a terrain tray or the tabletop or a battlemap.
:shock: Congratulations, now you fiery lot of hellbunnies are making me think of a table covered in a mat representing the "interior of the earth" to put dungeons and caverns on. And that means skeletons, dragon bones (ovni's?), purple worms burrowing, crystals, and crazy things sunken in the earth between the dungeon rooms and passages...

Gods, was I not crazy enough yet?

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”