pacarat’s Dreadhollow paint test

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: pacarat’s Dreadhollow paint test

Post by zenako » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29 am

Those flat brambles are proving more and more useful as folks keep showing other uses. Cool.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:09 am

Playing around with brambles and sewer tiles...going to put some magnets in the flat bramble so it will stick to roof slope.

I have so many bits and pieces still to paint from previous KS... <sigh>

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:09 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 am
zenako wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:39 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:37 am

TLW

As for details, one thing I am doing is NOT painting any of the special features like bunnies in the brambles, frogs on the tiles, or lizards on the escarpments.

We can go off people you know!

But apart from that sterling work :)
GODofwar wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:18 pm
zenako wrote:

Lord, I haven't even noticed the rabbits.

TLW
No words.....

Really there are no words to explain that.
zenako wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:14 pm
GODofwar wrote:

TLW
I believe at one point they even indicated it was to be a homage to the one and only RB.. :)
We believe Lady S/Michele was inspired by our Herculean efforts in Stefan's Burrows RP introduction back in KS5 :)
Or she just likes bunnies.

That's a terrible thing to impute to Lady Sabelle.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, incl KS7
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:45 am

zenako wrote:
GODofwar wrote:

TLW

As for details, one thing I am doing is NOT painting any of the special features like bunnies in the brambles, frogs on the tiles, or lizards on the escarpments.

We can go off people you know!

But apart from that sterling work :)
GODofwar wrote:
zenako wrote:
GODofwar wrote:
Bits of blood here and there on the thorns! OUch!

TLW

TLW
No words.....

Really there are no words to explain that.
zenako wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:14 pm
GODofwar wrote:
zenako wrote:

TLW
I believe at one point they even indicated it was to be a homage to the one and only RB.. :)
We believe Lady S/Michele was inspired by our Herculean efforts in Stefan's Burrows RP introduction back in KS5 :)
Or she just likes bunnies.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:21 pm

Got my stump toppers done. Need to add a bit of grey highlights to the floor tile trunks...

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:21 pm

pacarat wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:07 am
Yeah, a bit... :)
Sooorry friend, I didn't expect the conversation to take off this way. I don't think I really have more to show or say, or I would indeed have opened a new thread by now.
zenako wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:35 am
Dang, if I was hiding in the tree I would certainly pull up that rope, dead giveaway for the ambush!!
Well, since I'm at it, I'll add: the ropes are detachable! they are rigid and have a curved end you can hang from the branch next to the platform. The are very nice pieces I expect using a lot in other unrelated places. Why has taken so long to have hanging ropes for terrain is beyond me.
GODofwar wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:21 am
Hey, Arsthein - what else have I got to do? COVID-19 came right on top of ripping the quad tendon off my left kneecap. I wish I had a good story, like a bar fight ("You should see the other guy") but the truth is we were getting ready for a dinner party on 24 January and I rushed downstairs to throw some paper away and slipped. So I'm recovering from surgery (29 January) AND isolated by Executive Order of His Imperial Majest Gov. Tim Walz. LOT of time on my hands to dig into new DwF compatible items...

Yes, it absolutely polite to call it amusing I find $16 shipping high! I was mostly kidding anyway...I got a double order of KS6 (long story, DwF made it very right anyway, as always) which I've been selling, so I get the high cost of shipping. USA complaining about shipping sounds like a First World problem, no?
TLW
Man I hope you are doing ok, I did read all about this in your posts. Take it easy and stay safe!

If someone has any question about the Monster Terrain stuff, please PM me or ask in another thread and I'll gladly help however I can.

Greetings

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:21 am

arsthein wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:27 am
GODofwar wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:20 pm
I checked more carefully. They are selling at their online store, but it comes without commercial packaging. I thought, what the hell, and ordered two tree sets. But shipping was $16!! I bet these fit in USPS Small..l but maybe not.

I'll see them in 3-10 days.

TLW
Oops! replied too quickly to your first post. Man you are fast!!! XD

I find amusing (is that polite?, hope so, that's my intent...) that you say "but" shipping was 16! Given the shipping I'm used to paying for, I would take it any day of the week hahaha...

Cheers!
Hey, Arsthein - what else have I got to do? COVID-19 came right on top of ripping the quad tendon off my left kneecap. I wish I had a good story, like a bar fight ("You should see the other guy") but the truth is we were getting ready for a dinner party on 24 January and I rushed downstairs to throw some paper away and slipped. So I'm recovering from surgery (29 January) AND isolated by Executive Order of His Imperial Majest Gov. Tim Walz. LOT of time on my hands to dig into new DwF compatible items...

Yes, it absolutely polite to call it amusing I find $16 shipping high! I was mostly kidding anyway...I got a double order of KS6 (long story, DwF made it very right anyway, as always) which I've been selling, so I get the high cost of shipping. USA complaining about shipping sounds like a First World problem, no?

TLW
WeaselWarGod

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:07 am

I find them very nice in person... both sides!. Please, if I'm derailing too much let me know (politely if you may), I don't want to bury pacarat's phenomenal work with this topic.
Yeah, a bit... :)

Maybe a new thread for stuff (trees, bushes, accessories, etc.) that’s compatible with DH?

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:35 am

Dang, if I was hiding in the tree I would certainly pull up that rope, dead giveaway for the ambush!!

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:39 am

William wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:55 pm
Glad to hear the mat is nice, it'll be my first 'real' mat.
I've used black paper, various colors of felt and cloth, but never a mat made for this.
This is gonna be cool.

Thanks arsthein, I have hope. :D
I find them very nice in person... both sides!. Please, if I'm derailing too much let me know (politely if you may), I don't want to bury pacarat's phenomenal work with this topic.

I may have made a mistake in the pledge manager and I ordered without grid, although I want them with grid. I've spoken with them and I'll be sending mine back to get mats with grids when they get more stock. Here are a couple of pictures I took of one of the mats when I took it out of the wrapping to check it out, both sides (I took 2 3x3' mats). They are beeaaauuutiful without grid, it's just that I value the convenience of the grid over aesthetics.

Forest side:
MTMats2.jpg
MTMats2.jpg (86.8 KiB) Viewed 401 times
"Sandy" side:
MTMats1.jpg
MTMats1.jpg (78.18 KiB) Viewed 401 times
Since I'm at it, I'd thought I should post these, since many Doofers have expressed interest in things like these. These are their tree stands. They are awesome. Come with a detachable rope, and you can put a medium sized figure under the canopy standing on the platform!

Without flash, you can't see the mini (the canopy is lightly tipped-off so you can see where the mini stands).
MTTreeStand1.jpg
MTTreeStand1.jpg (58.15 KiB) Viewed 401 times
Surprise! (with flash you can see now the mini)
MTTreeStand2.jpg
MTTreeStand2.jpg (69.01 KiB) Viewed 401 times
Cheers!

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”