New Tiles for Dreadhallow

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: New Tiles for Dreadhallow

Post by pacarat » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:34 am

zenako wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:12 am
Those are nicely done pacarat. I might look into getting some unpainted ones in the shop for more extensive mods, since the painting process looks pretty manageable and that too could allow for some variation by just shifting the paint tones and where the emphasis lies.
Thanks.

The Forest scheme is pretty easy (IMO) to do.

I have started changing up the colors on various details to minimize repetition. Happy with results so far.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:12 am

Those are nicely done pacarat. I might look into getting some unpainted ones in the shop for more extensive mods, since the painting process looks pretty manageable and that too could allow for some variation by just shifting the paint tones and where the emphasis lies.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:02 am

Agreed.

I’m slowly getting rid of mine...

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:45 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 am
I would say we need a 1x3, 1x2, and 1x1 for full compatibility with the 2x2 grid.

I also think an escarpment "floor" tile would be helpful. It could be used in conjunction with an elevation block or something; it doesn't need to be tall on its own; this would keep costs down. You could also just repaint existing tiles with the escarpments paint scheme.

I would like an escarpment pack with different sculpts as well. They get repetitive quickly; the main issue is the straight piece.
And 2x2's to jump from 6" grid to a 4" (ala 8"). While you can use 1x2's and 1x1's to get there, A) the cost of a 1x1 and 1x2 is basically the same as a 2x2, so I'd rather more coverage and B) the less gaps the better.

And I agree with escarpment straight being a problem. Not every straight escarpment needs a tree trunk. ;)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:36 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 am
I would say we need a 1x3, 1x2, and 1x1 for full compatibility with the 2x2 grid.

I also think an escarpment "floor" tile would be helpful. It could be used in conjunction with an elevation block or something; it doesn't need to be tall on its own; this would keep costs down. You could also just repaint existing tiles with the escarpments paint scheme.

I would like an escarpment pack with different sculpts as well. They get repetitive quickly; the main issue is the straight piece.
Soooooo....a Wicked Escarpments Pack like we got for Alleys? ;)

Can't wait to see what KS7 has to offer now.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 am

100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:59 am

I second the 1x3 tile. and a 1x1.5 forest bank would be nice also.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

New Tiles for Dreadhallow

Post by zenako » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:34 pm

After playing around with the tiles for a bit and getting stymied of certain builds and offsets, there are two immediate tiles that come to mind to augment the DH tile range.

A 1"x3" clear forest tile. Sometimes you can end up with weird gaps if you want to offset things like Embankments so everything does not look too repetitive and that becomes a challenge to then mesh with the "floor" tiles. The other place this would come in real handy is building narrow canyons between escarpments. A full 3x3 tile ends up with a pretty wide "valley" and not the tight canyon that might be interesting.

Along those lines a 1"x 3" Escarpment tile with a straight top edge that would mate up nicely with the other escarpment tiles. This would also enable one to more easily match features with normal 2" increment tiles.

I suppose I could be like some folks and slice one up into segments, but that is a) scary, b) more work than I am eager to take on, c) the existing escarpment does not have nice mating positions on the top of the cliff edge if you just slice it up, and d) that would give DF liberty to craft another cool few tiles to expand the DH range.

I think the 6x6 forest tiles are a fine size and would be hard-pressed to see a compelling need to anything larger than those. Any larger and storage becomes more of an issue.

Now just have to wait for the shop to get stocked.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”