Accessories for Dreadhollow and other outdoor terrain

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Accessories for Dreadhollow and other outdoor terrain

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:31 pm

Well we are convinced its primarily a coastal sculpt - based on the texture and the Iguana.

The hole gives a whole new dimension to the inserts that could be added, like coral, seaweed, standing stone, stairway to hell ….
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Thunder
Orc
Orc

Post by Thunder » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:28 pm

It doesn't look underwater to me, at all. I love the idea of some slotted terrain for Dreadhollow, especially bushes, shrubs, etc. Anything to break up the repetitive look.

Love the new sculpt. Blocky and chunky - awesome.

Peace

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Depending on what type of freestanding bits one places on these it could go either way. I would take that piece and add some coral or marine flora to it and use it for Deep Wars, etc.

And I will probably buy some extras, and greenstuff some permanent bits on them..

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:08 pm

I just want to point out that we have such a high quality versatile sculpt that based on an unpainted model we have two groups that firmly feel it can fit in either an underwater or forest setting. I love how certain sculpts can work in different environments with new paint jobs. Lava, ice, and normal caverns are another example. Thank you DF, whether intentional or not, for making such a good sculpt that it can be used in more than one way. I hope the rest of the environment pieces created can somehow be used that way too.

Anyone remember the jungle caves someone (Undel maybe?) painted a few years back? They were just the KS2 caverns but looked like vines were coming down over the rocks instead of stalagmites. Stuff like that just blows my mind.

EDIT: Found it! They were woodland caverns. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4794
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:46 am

Yeah, this doesn’t look underwater to me. Sculpt is basically consistent with Doomhollow. The hole looks like a transition to Burrows, or maybe some new Wilderland subterranean setting.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:26 am

William wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:55 pm
My guess.
Just a cool rock cluster with ferns and plants on it, also with hole insert like the burrows has for :?: .
That's a good guess. DF has not used that "tech" for variable features in an insert like that for a bit, and this would give them a range of insert options. A rock, a cairn, a bush, a hole, a nest, a fumarole, etc.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:55 pm

My guess.
Just a cool rock cluster with ferns and plants on it, also with hole insert like the burrows has for :?: .
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:51 pm

hunter_something wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:04 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53 pm
We already have a new tree sculpt we've seen.

I would love to see however some birch trees with white bark; that would require a new sculpt. Maybe do something like burrows and have modular stumps/roots? Need a birch tree? Slot it in. Need a pine tree? Slot it in. Need a bush? Slot it in.

Edit: Remember, we have this coming in KS7. This is why I mention slotting stuff in.

All evidence to the contrary in terms of other beans, I'm convinced that is an ocean floor piece.
Yah, underwater encounter or maybe a seashore encounter. Those are my two guesses from it ;)

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:04 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53 pm

I would love to see however some birch trees with white bark; that would require a new sculpt. Maybe do something like burrows and have modular stumps/roots? Need a birch tree? Slot it in. Need a pine tree? Slot it in. Need a bush? Slot it in.

Edit: Remember, we have this coming in KS7. This is why I mention slotting stuff in.

All evidence to the contrary in terms of other beans, I'm convinced that is an ocean floor piece.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53 pm

100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”