Multi Tier Escarpment builds and more

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Multi Tier Escarpment builds and more

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:05 pm

Nice build pat :)

Just used my elevation platforms and its the metal sheet that gets bowed and is really hard to flatten out :(

A tray ontop does work well :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:41 am

Of course you have, you live in a city built over tons of fill. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:31 pm

patransom wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:58 am
Yeah, the warp in the elevation platforms makes them less usable. The build below shows how crappy mine are. In this case, it was supposed to be a kind of ramshackle tavern anyway, so I was willing to ignore it.

Terrain trays over the top is a good idea, although it kind of defeats the purpose of having a grid built in to the platforms. Need a platform+terrain tray+grid overlay.

I, too, still use them for storage. DoD ledges, alternate paints of DoD floors, the docks shown here, etc. But I could have gotten some cheaper storage boxes.
Ha! I've lived in neighborhoods like that. :/

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:34 am

I wonder if a metal “90 degree” angle brace could be glued underneath to straighten/level that out.

May decide to sell mine...

patransom
Orc
Orc

Post by patransom » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:58 am

Yeah, the warp in the elevation platforms makes them less usable. The build below shows how crappy mine are. In this case, it was supposed to be a kind of ramshackle tavern anyway, so I was willing to ignore it.

Terrain trays over the top is a good idea, although it kind of defeats the purpose of having a grid built in to the platforms. Need a platform+terrain tray+grid overlay.

I, too, still use them for storage. DoD ledges, alternate paints of DoD floors, the docks shown here, etc. But I could have gotten some cheaper storage boxes.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:49 am

I use mine mostly for storage. Like the one in the shots has all the small fiddly ledge pieces from DoD inside so they don't end up all over the storage drawer. One if filled with standalone doors for dungeons, etc.

I have used them in some builds, but the warp has gotten more noticeable since the last time I used them. As I mentioned the top is not as bad (but still has a warp, so the assembled box can be used to prop up stuff. I had hoped it would be an easy substitute for a LOT of stilts in a larger escarpment build. Not without some extra support however if you want the build to look right.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:20 am

We have used our elevation platforms for mutiple builds quite happily, though admittedly for slightly different purposes and most do dip in the centre :(

We do intend to see how they work with escarpments.

If you are just using them for foundations that are not visible then you could try putting 12x12 Terrain Tray ontop. Simple but should be effective depending on how much weight you put on it.

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:50 am

Got it. Yah, most of mine are that way too.

To be honest, this is one of the pieces that I was excited for during the KS, but have found to be practically worthless in my builds.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:42 pm

Talistran wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:07 pm
zenako wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:25 pm
I checked out using the Elevation Platforms from DoD. They are the right (no real surprise) but they have enough of a warp in the middle to leave a gap and let the escarpments wiggle. Photos later. Sigh. The plastic of those boxes is not all that amenable to being reformed if I recall correctly. With their "exact" 12x12 form factor they mesh nicely with the DH tiles, but unless I put some clay or something to support the warp into the center (it is like 1/8 of an inch at least) not a great build option for me.
"
Have you tried flipping them upside down?
have to use them without the lid on to be the right height for the escarpments, and putting the open side up, not so useful. I have not checked all 4 of mine, but I suspect they all suffer from the issue. The lid does not seem to be as warped.
Attachments
Inverted Elevation Tray 1
Inverted Elevation Tray 1
Inverted Elevation Tray 1.jpg (92.76 KiB) Viewed 331 times
Inverted Elevation Tray 2
Inverted Elevation Tray 2
Inverted Elevation Tray 2.jpg (89.79 KiB) Viewed 331 times
Inverted Elevation Tray 3
Inverted Elevation Tray 3
Inverted Elevation Tray 3.jpg (85.44 KiB) Viewed 331 times

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:07 pm

zenako wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:25 pm
I checked out using the Elevation Platforms from DoD. They are the right (no real surprise) but they have enough of a warp in the middle to leave a gap and let the escarpments wiggle. Photos later. Sigh. The plastic of those boxes is not all that amenable to being reformed if I recall correctly. With their "exact" 12x12 form factor they mesh nicely with the DH tiles, but unless I put some clay or something to support the warp into the center (it is like 1/8 of an inch at least) not a great build option for me.
"
Have you tried flipping them upside down?

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”