Rate the Standard Cavern's Encounters

Rate your favourite of the standard caverns encounters

Encounter 2 (Prison Passage) or Encounter 4 (Webbed Lairs)
2%
Encounter 3 (Bestial Cliffs)
No votes
Encounter 5 (Cave of Ruin)
12%
Encounter 6 (Covert Warcamp)
2%
Encounter 7 (Mushroom Grotto)
14%
Encounter 8 (Savage Gorge)
10%
Encounter 9 (Smuggler's Cove)
14%
Encounter 10 (Shrine of Skiss-Ryssaa)
17%
Encounter 11 (Hag's Den)
12%
Encounter 13 (Crystal Caverns)
17%

Total votes: 42

period3
Orc
Orc

Re: Rate the Standard Cavern's Encounters

Post by period3 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:17 am

A random collection of pieces is a reasonable place to start though. I didn't know what to do with with X trifecta packs or Y passages. The encounter let me buy a collection of pieces that could at least make a coherent cavern, and included a good sampling of most of the building pieces on offer. I'm now finding what I like and what I don't, and should I ever need a large cavern I will probably buy the building elements or passage sets.
dice4hire wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:44 am
I cannot really vote on this as I got no full encounters, even DH, and do not know the criteria for voting. Overall I like none of the encounters that much because they are random collection of pieces if one does not build the encounter as expected.

I am not even sure which one I would recommend to a new player if asked. None of them has a solid mix of basic pieces. Hags Den is good, but its adventure pack ruins it for me. The core part is nice though. In DoD I thought fourish of the encounters were good buys for new players.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:44 am

I cannot really vote on this as I got no full encounters, even DH, and do not know the criteria for voting. Overall I like none of the encounters that much because they are random collection of pieces if one does not build the encounter as expected.

I am not even sure which one I would recommend to a new player if asked. None of them has a solid mix of basic pieces. Hags Den is good, but its adventure pack ruins it for me. The core part is nice though. In DoD I thought fourish of the encounters were good buys for new players.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:53 am

Hm. I also dispute the premise, I’m afraid, but I will vote for a listed encounter. I just have to ignore the whole “now that you have them” qualifier. I only ordered Mushroom Grotto plus add ons. With those add-ons (and my Grotto) I could have assembled either Savage Gorge or Smuggler’s Cove, though - I just never have.

So basically I only ever wanted one and I’ve only ever built one (even that, I didn’t quite build the official version) so I have to fall back on why I only ordered the one. It’s the one I wanted most and I haven’t changed my mind - even though I’ve never seen the others in person. ;)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:28 am

We vote for DreadHollow :)

apologetic whispering

What do you mean we can’t vote for it! What blasphemy is this?

explanatory whispering

But it is an encounter?

more explanatory whispering

Only 10 … stupid forum.

Clarifying whispering

Just actual Caverns? ok we are out.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:31 am

My vote is for none. "I don't need no stinking encounters." ;) :lol:
Didn't get any encounters, but did get the starter set. :?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

DrSalt
Kobold
Kobold

Post by DrSalt » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:53 am

I kind of had a feeling the all the votes would go towards DH if given the option, and wanted more feedback towards the rest of the sets that were produced.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:47 pm

Voting just on wow factor, nothing else considered. And since I can't vote for DH once, let alone stuff the ballot with two DH votes, I voted Crystal Caverns because they are so beautiful!

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:09 pm

My favorite so far is the starter set. It's a nice assortment of pieces that looks good and isn't too expensive. I don't really have enough space right now to assemble my underdoom encounter, as my table is still full of half painted KS4.

DrSalt
Kobold
Kobold

Rate the Standard Cavern's Encounters

Post by DrSalt » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:40 pm

Now that the majority of backers have got there pledgers - thought would get some feedback on favourite of the stock encounters of cavern deep and recommendations for anyone who is waiting for the store about the best encounters to get. This best is totally up to you - value for money / cool pieces / integration with existing sets.

Had to limit the poll to 10 encounters - so decided on no Ice Catacombs / Underdoom / Dread Hollow. Still had 12 encounters left so combined Prison Passage with Webbed Lairs as similar aesthetic. Left the Summoning Chamber off as think it is a no-brainer to choose but feel free to disagree. If you disagree with these - feel free to comment on your favourites below.

If anyone knows how to make a poll with 15 options, please let me know so can include all of them

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”