Crystal Battery Life

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Crystal Battery Life

Post by zenako » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:16 pm

Of note, I have left it on after it starting going to just blinking on it own, and it gradually shifted to only showing red and has grown fainter and fainter, but still has a very faint glimmer over 3+ days later. Taking a LONG time to drain that trickle charge down.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:53 pm

zenako wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:14 am
The loose battery in the top picture is the dead one from the original shipment made by SUYUMAX.
Ok, so that's the same as the ones I have... I found a nice breakdown online so I didn't have to take a pic of mine.
6mb-b07fchhk42_3.jpg
6mb-b07fchhk42_3.jpg (46.93 KiB) Viewed 280 times
L# = LEDs (obviously)
R# = Resistors
C# = capacitors
AKTOY-28B = 8-pin IC chip that controls everything
black square opposite side of IC chip = IR sensor.

In this particular unit (just like the ones I have) two 2032's are used. Various wavelengths of light will require different forward voltages so that's why certain colours stop showing first before others. I'd hazard a guess that only one battery was used to cut down on the height of the setup; space considerations (?).

Here's a chart (in the article) of the different colours and their forward voltages
https://www.circuitbread.com/ee-faq/the ... erent-leds
Last edited by jchunick on Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:14 am

The loose battery in the top picture is the dead one from the original shipment made by SUYUMAX.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:12 am

Ok here are some shots of the LED card in the Spirit Tree that I took the other day during the battery test.
Attachments
LED pack for Spirit Tree.jpg
LED pack for Spirit Tree.jpg (87.82 KiB) Viewed 309 times
LED lit up for Spirit Tree White light.jpg
LED lit up for Spirit Tree White light.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 309 times

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:37 am

The light pack for the Spirit Tree has 3 LEDs on its circuit board. With a new battery, it worked normally for about 4.5 hours and then was able to keep emitting random light for many hours after that. It would respond to the ON/OFF commands from the remote, but nothing else. I checked on the insert this morning and it was still faintly glowing after being "on" all night, but just in one stable red color. So I see three phases of operation. Normal, erratic but still somewhat bright as the voltage drops below the level required to actually control the circuits, and then dimming as the last of the power drains.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:10 am

arsthein wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:27 am
I made a document with my inventory of DF pieces that have LEDs and the batteries needed, just to not have to open them to remember:

Resin Catacomb sets (Corners, Long Walls (4"), Skull Pit): LV-44 Batteries (3 x piece)
Castles KS Castle Gateway: CR-2032 Batteries (x2)
Castles KS Chromatic Orb: CR-2032 Battery (x1)
Dungeon of Doom(Sysuul statue, Forsaken Shrine Corners, Vaulted Walls with LED, Grand Vaulted Walls, Eldritch Obelisk Floor Socket): CR-2032 Batteries (1 x piece)

I'll have to update it with the MoaM, though I think I remember it's another CR-2032 battery (I opened it on arrival to put back the plastic tab once tested). Could be wrong.

Hope it helps,
From Citybuilder to Dungeon of Doom all batteries in the LED pieces are 2032's. The only exception to that was the gatehouse automatic winch which takes 2 AA batteries. Sets beyond that I wouldn't know about, but I'd be surprised if they were anything but 2032's.

The sure exception in the newer pieces are the remotes (someone mentioned earlier) as they all seem like the standard RGB remotes coming out of China which all take a 2025 due to the form factor of the remote.

The one (2032) size keeps things consistent and is a good form factor, providing the necessary 3V of power for a good amount of time.

Can someone tell me if it seems like there are multiple LEDs in the crystals. They look big enough to house the sorts of RGB circuit boards I've seen coming out of China that include the controller chip and IR receiver that takes the remote input and drives the LEDs... and are one or two batteries used in the crystal piece for the LEDs?
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:11 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:30 pm
Unfortunately DF does not respond in the forums much and even less with stuff like this. I would send them a private email.
Missed the news letter :?: I recall he suggested making sure the switch was turned off. He mentioned he did not have time for much Social media in one the last twitch broad cast.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:01 pm

or 'CONTACT US' on top of every Forum page. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:33 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:30 pm
Unfortunately DF does not respond in the forums much and even less with stuff like this. I would send them a private email.
Go to the top of the Forum front page, and find the '..send us an email..." link.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:30 pm

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”