Need clarification on how the Pledge levels work

Sarducci
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Need clarification on how the Pledge levels work

Post by Sarducci » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:13 am

I like the concept of lowering build prices. The adventure essentials pack 1-9 is $1491. Buying them separately as add-ons is $2648. An approximately $1150 discount, which is great. But will there be a "full encounters pack 1-9" for a lowered group price as in KSV? I like the builds, and I would like to see a bundle on the full encounters if possible. I hope this comes makes sense.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:11 am

mc1gamer wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 pm
I've not gotten into the KS's in the past and I just want to insure I'm doing this right. I'm either picking one of the group levels 1-6, 1-9 or a custom group. If I go with a custom group, can I pick any combo of encounters I wish up to my price total? Also, there's a separate area under each encounter called Adventure pack and others (ruins pack, etc). Are those included in the price for the encounter or are they add-ons?

Thanks in advance.
Did this get answered ?
All the packs in the encounter (inc SGs) are included in the encounter if bought as a single encounter. The packs are differentiated as they can/may be bought separately or are included in other packs such as Adventure Essentials.
So buying encounter one will include all the packs such as core, adventure and entrance riser and any associated SGs.
We are doing Build your own and you just pledge for one encounter then add the cost for any other encounters and/or add-ons to your pledge and select them in the PM after the KS.

Hope that helps :)

Just seen that the fabulous JenneyOC answered it :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:32 am

marcoreds wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:36 am
Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:13 am
So, it sounds like if want just more of the ruins pieces, you have to buy 2 of these encounters? You can't just buy the dressing?
If you look at how the encounter is organized, you'll see that the ruins pieces are in a subset named "Dungeon Ruins Pack".
The price is not here yet, but I fully expect each of these subesets to be available as addons (otherwise why dividing the pieces like that?).
You are correct. There will be an add-on set for just the dungeon ruins. It unlocks when we hit $1mil... and the team wakes up after 36+ hours of working with little or no sleep.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:36 am

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:13 am
So, it sounds like if want just more of the ruins pieces, you have to buy 2 of these encounters? You can't just buy the dressing?
If you look at how the encounter is organized, you'll see that the ruins pieces are in a subset named "Dungeon Ruins Pack".
The price is not here yet, but I fully expect each of these subesets to be available as addons (otherwise why dividing the pieces like that?).

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:22 am

Wait a week or two, I'll bet they come out with a add-on for that pack or multiples of that pack.
They just slowly roll those things out over the 23 days.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:13 am

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by JenneyOC » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:43 pm

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:15 pm
JenneyOC wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm
mc1gamer wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 pm
I've not gotten into the KS's in the past and I just want to insure I'm doing this right. I'm either picking one of the group levels 1-6, 1-9 or a custom group. If I go with a custom group, can I pick any combo of encounters I wish up to my price total? Also, there's a separate area under each encounter called Adventure pack and others (ruins pack, etc). Are those included in the price for the encounter or are they add-ons?

Thanks in advance.
Howdy,

If you pledge for an encounter that lists Core Packs and Adventure packs within it. You GET ALL OF THOSE PACKS. The break down is for add-ons later where if you ONLY want an adventure pack from a set that you don't want the whole thing you can pick just that adventure pack to add on. If you grab a whole encounter you get all of it.

Example: Encounter 4 Webbed Lair
You get a Core Pack, and Adventure pack, and a Rising Elevation pack. but if you want more elevation you can add on additional rising elevations packs or potentially add on the Suspension Bridge Pack from Encounter 8 without getting anything else from encounter 8.

Is that a little clearer for you?
Super clear! thanks. However, it doesn't have the prices for any of these little add-on bits. When will these be posted?
they haven't all been released yet, but the adventure packs can be seen in the google spreadsheet found here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... dit#gid=0

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:02 pm

marcoreds wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:55 pm
Honestly, for an "Adventure Essentials 1-11" pledge priced 1.325 you have 38 of shipping.
That's less than a 3%.

Think of us in EU, same pledge, 566 shipping. That's a 43%.

I don't think shipping should be a reason to feel unhappy, for you in US, it's really a marginal addition.
If you reread my post, you'll see it isn't about the $$ or the % of cost on the product. It is about the potential REASONS for suddenly charging shipping to US customers. I understand 100% that we're paying for shipping one way or the other.

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:55 pm

Honestly, for an "Adventure Essentials 1-11" pledge priced 1.325 you have 38 of shipping.
That's less than a 3%.

Think of us in EU, same pledge, 566 shipping. That's a 43%.

I don't think shipping should be a reason to feel unhappy, for you in US, it's really a marginal addition.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:48 pm

geekjeff wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:22 pm
ed.
William, shipping costs are not baked in for US customers this year. They are very heavily discounted though compared to webstore orders.
Yah, I am pretty disappointed in that and feel it is a way to make the costs appear cheaper than they are, for an already "double" the cost project (as compared to KS5 last year, the scope appears to be double in cost).

I totally understand that customers have to pay for shipping either way. But the tradition has been for 60+ months now that US customers get free shipping.

On the plus side, people will stop using "free shipping" as a reason for why it is better to buy during the KS vs after. Yes, it will be "cheaper" but not really when paid a year in advance when you account for your lost interest on your money held in reserve. :) Don't get me wrong, there are a few good reasons to back during the KS, but saving money is NOT one of them.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”