Need clarification on how the Pledge levels work

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Need clarification on how the Pledge levels work

Post by unclebilly » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm

August 3 is my Birthday so that will be my present from DF then. The price reveal :D

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:38 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:14 pm
I'm confused as well on certain things. Is there an all-in-one pledge? If there is a module for the entire complex of caverns, perhaps having a Dungeon of Doom-esque pledge would help and provide a bulk discount?
This is the one I was looking for just to see if there would be a discount that would make it worth getting.
Such a pledge is a possibility - but we haven't gotten pricing confirmation from the manufacturing partners on Encounter 15 yet.
I wouldn't expect news for an "All In" pledge including Encounter 15 until that set is officially unveiled on August 3rd.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:33 pm

O.K. I did not see that about the shipping this year. Thanks Jeff.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:14 pm
I'm confused as well on certain things. Is there an all-in-one pledge? If there is a module for the entire complex of caverns, perhaps having a Dungeon of Doom-esque pledge would help and provide a bulk discount?
This is the one I was looking for just to see if there would be a discount that would make it worth getting.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:22 pm

You don't have to worry about any of the Underdar...oooom things selling out, the pledge levels are only limited in case we suddenly got 3000+ orders for pledge levels with special paint jobs and had to do wave shipping for them. Jay wants to keep tabs on those, and will add more slots as they are needed.

William, shipping costs are not baked in for US customers this year. They are very heavily discounted though compared to webstore orders.

The pledge calculator isn't up yet, but you can view current set prices and shipping/tax for all standard destinations at this spreadsheet linked on the Campaign page:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Note that the Adventure Packs do not officially unlock as addons until we hit $1million in funding, but that's should happen before too long. ;)
Last edited by geekjeff on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doleo_DF
Orc
Orc

Post by Doleo_DF » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:14 pm

William wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:07 pm
Doleo_DF wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:54 pm
This is also my first time participating in a kickstarter backing for dwarven forge. I pledged 1491.00 for the essentials 1-9 painted pledge. I understand that I will have to pay extra for shipping. I also am interested in the underdark *cough* i mean underdoom set and possibly crystal set.

Can anyone clarify how adding these sets, possibly more add-ons, and shipping work at a later time? Do I just need to modify my pledge before this whole thing is over?

Thank you to the veterans who can help clarify this!
Welcome to the addiction Doleo_DF, are you outside the US? US usually have free shipping.

You can adjust the dollar amount anytime during the run of the KS.
Then afterwards Dwarven Forge will open a Pledge Manager to specify your order and add funds if you want.
Thanks William! I was a bit concerns because certain pledge levels looked like they had the chance to "sell out" so to speak.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Doleo_DF wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:54 pm
This is also my first time participating in a kickstarter backing for dwarven forge. I pledged 1491.00 for the essentials 1-9 painted pledge. I understand that I will have to pay extra for shipping. I also am interested in the underdark *cough* i mean underdoom set and possibly crystal set.

Can anyone clarify how adding these sets, possibly more add-ons, and shipping work at a later time? Do I just need to modify my pledge before this whole thing is over?

Welcome to the addiction Doleo_DF, are you outside the US? US usually have free shipping.

You can adjust the dollar amount anytime during the run of the KS.
Then afterwards Dwarven Forge will open a Pledge Manager to specify your order and add funds if you want.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Doleo_DF
Orc
Orc

Post by Doleo_DF » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:15 pm

JenneyOC wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm
mc1gamer wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 pm
I've not gotten into the KS's in the past and I just want to insure I'm doing this right. I'm either picking one of the group levels 1-6, 1-9 or a custom group. If I go with a custom group, can I pick any combo of encounters I wish up to my price total? Also, there's a separate area under each encounter called Adventure pack and others (ruins pack, etc). Are those included in the price for the encounter or are they add-ons?

Thanks in advance.
Howdy,

If you pledge for an encounter that lists Core Packs and Adventure packs within it. You GET ALL OF THOSE PACKS. The break down is for add-ons later where if you ONLY want an adventure pack from a set that you don't want the whole thing you can pick just that adventure pack to add on. If you grab a whole encounter you get all of it.

Example: Encounter 4 Webbed Lair
You get a Core Pack, and Adventure pack, and a Rising Elevation pack. but if you want more elevation you can add on additional rising elevations packs or potentially add on the Suspension Bridge Pack from Encounter 8 without getting anything else from encounter 8.

Is that a little clearer for you?
Super clear! thanks. However, it doesn't have the prices for any of these little add-on bits. When will these be posted?

mc1gamer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mc1gamer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Absolutely. Makes sense now completely. Very easy to customize. I opt'd for a sizeable custom pledge, so I can mix and match and maximise what I get that I will use. I like that the stretch goals are tied to each of these sub-elements, so I know what is also included if I opt for a specific add-on. However I don't see any stretch goals listed on the KS page. Will these be added later or am I not seeing something. Thanks again!

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”