Need clarification on how the Pledge levels work

JenneyOC
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Need clarification on how the Pledge levels work

Post by JenneyOC » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm

mc1gamer wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 pm
I've not gotten into the KS's in the past and I just want to insure I'm doing this right. I'm either picking one of the group levels 1-6, 1-9 or a custom group. If I go with a custom group, can I pick any combo of encounters I wish up to my price total? Also, there's a separate area under each encounter called Adventure pack and others (ruins pack, etc). Are those included in the price for the encounter or are they add-ons?

Thanks in advance.
Howdy,

If you pledge for an encounter that lists Core Packs and Adventure packs within it. You GET ALL OF THOSE PACKS. The break down is for add-ons later where if you ONLY want an adventure pack from a set that you don't want the whole thing you can pick just that adventure pack to add on. If you grab a whole encounter you get all of it.

Example: Encounter 4 Webbed Lair
You get a Core Pack, and Adventure pack, and a Rising Elevation pack. but if you want more elevation you can add on additional rising elevations packs or potentially add on the Suspension Bridge Pack from Encounter 8 without getting anything else from encounter 8.

Is that a little clearer for you?

ShaynePatrick
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ShaynePatrick » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:28 pm

period3 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:06 pm
I'm really excited to see those alternate build photos. It would be great if we could get those for every pledge level. Also, a few photos showing less claustrophobic and more open layouts...
I suppose you could use a bunch of the swell pieces to really open an area up - however, caving IS a pretty claustrophobic business. ;)

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:06 pm

I'm really excited to see those alternate build photos. It would be great if we could get those for every pledge level. Also, a few photos showing less claustrophobic and more open layouts...

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:58 pm

period3 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:14 pm
I'm confused as well on certain things. Is there an all-in-one pledge? If there is a module for the entire complex of caverns, perhaps having a Dungeon of Doom-esque pledge would help and provide a bulk discount?
That would be expensive, even by DF standards. Just to get the 12 encounters revealed so far is ~$4500 painted (excluding shipping). Add in the uncharted underground and you're looking ~$7000 painted (excluding shipping).
Yep, this is getting ridiculous.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:54 pm

The is part of what the Essentials packs are for - to provide more Adventure pieces without so much duplication of bread and butter sculpts, to keep costs down and make storage easier.

Most people don't need to cover a 14 foot table all at once, Essentials packs allow you to have everything on hand to build one or more Encounters at a time without buying ALL the pieces in the full Encounter sets. Example - I believe Nate mentioned that Essentials 1-11 could let you build all at once 1-3 and 8-9, or remix it to make the huge Encounter 10, or make Encounter 11 plus some of 5-7 and still have pieces left over.

Our graphics need to be improved to make these setups clearer, those and some alternate build photos showing what you could build with ALL of the pieces in each Essentials pack are at the top of our coming graphics list.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:35 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:14 pm
I'm confused as well on certain things. Is there an all-in-one pledge? If there is a module for the entire complex of caverns, perhaps having a Dungeon of Doom-esque pledge would help and provide a bulk discount?
That would be expensive, even by DF standards. Just to get the 12 encounters revealed so far is ~$4500 painted (excluding shipping). Add in the uncharted underground and you're looking ~$7000 painted (excluding shipping).

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:32 pm

There is not an "All-In" pledge level yet but it is possible after encounter 15 is revealed.

The reason that there is not a Essentials level for 1-14 is that 12-14 are a different paint scheme than 1-11, so they're not as fully mix & matchable. Ice Caverns is the magical hoarfrost paint job inspired by the old resin ice caverns, 13 and 14 are... something else.

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:21 pm

I'm looking for an Essentials Pack that covers all 15 encounters. very confusing about how Uncharted is different from Adventure with encounters 12-15 (once 15 is added. still confused about that). I would love a pledge level that has the entire 15 encounters as Adventure pack

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:14 pm

100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

mc1gamer
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mc1gamer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Thanks but didn't really address my Q lol. I mentioned I haven't gotten into a KS here yet ;) Again, are the adventure packs for a specific encounter (and the other named Packs shown for that encounter) included in that pledge level or is the price JUST for the Core pack shown? I’m trying to gauge what I can get for my budget. There are several named Packs listed seperate from the Core encounter on each encounter and I just want to be sure if I am paying XYZ $ for that encounter, does that only include the Core pieces or also the Adventure and other name Packs too? Thanks!!

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”