Likes and dislikes

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Re: Likes and dislikes

Post by 93x74R » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:02 pm

I am admittedly biased as I don't have any of the old water tiles but I am a total fan of the magnetized negative space builds. I think It comes down to taste. I always like my water/lava to be visually below the surrounding terrain as I think this gives a better 3D effect but Talistran et al don't see it that way and their preference is just a valid as mine.

Bramofski
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Bramofski » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:55 pm

Talistran wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:33 pm
I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the lack of KS2 style water tiles.
This confused and bummed me out so bad. Everything else looks so beautiful, and the community has been so vocal about their love of the old water tiles. I was expecting them to nail this. The negative space water system is definitely more modular and cheaper for both parties, but it doesn't look nearly as cool.. :?

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:39 pm

Quick look: I’m shipping- LED bonfire, gibberish mouther Trap, 2 new terrain tray styles, varied sizes, modular rope bridge, modular boat, KS2 water transition piece!

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:33 pm

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the lack of KS2 style water tiles.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Rhizom wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 pm
I must say, that my biggest dislike is, that I understand nothing, yet. The idea of having core sets only once may be nice, but on the other hand: I have no idea what exactly is in the "Universal Core Sets", because there are no pictures. I also have the feeling that the reasoning doesn't work. They say people who already have much KS2 may not want to buy too many bread-and-butter pieces for KS6, hence the Adventure packs. But I have the feeling, that I cannot replace any of the core packs for KS6 with my old caverns from KS2. So in order to build everything I will still need everything from every encounter.

I am lost a bit :(
Of course you cannot replace any of the core packs from KS6 with your old caverns from KS2... IIIIIIIFFFFFFFFF you are trying to recreate the encounters exactly. But you will absolutely be able to use KS2 walls instead of needing KS6 walls, KS2 corners instead of KS6 corners, etc.

The idea behind the core sets and adventure sets is that we can buy one "core set" if we want and buy all of the adventure bits so that we can have a little bit of everything without having to pay $6000 to $8000 (which is what it would cost to get all 15 encounters painted). Kind of sad though, that "a bit of everything" went from $3500 painted in KS5 to $7000 painted in KS6 :(

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 pm

I must say, that my biggest dislike is, that I understand nothing, yet. The idea of having core sets only once may be nice, but on the other hand: I have no idea what exactly is in the "Universal Core Sets", because there are no pictures. I also have the feeling that the reasoning doesn't work. They say people who already have much KS2 may not want to buy too many bread-and-butter pieces for KS6, hence the Adventure packs. But I have the feeling, that I cannot replace any of the core packs for KS6 with my old caverns from KS2. So in order to build everything I will still need everything from every encounter.

I am lost a bit :(
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by koraldon » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:06 pm

I really like the 1st encounter, it seems excellent the same way Zaltar's room was in DoD.
I like the cheaper RoW shipping costs, yay! now Just do it for the shop as well :)
The fact that I have 3 sets of KS2 plus a couple of addons is great, as it seems difficult/expensive right now to get a lot of the basic pieces in order to get coverage.
Not sure about the "no new river/lava" but will sleep on it.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:59 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:54 pm
Does anybody know how well these pieces will integrate with the old resin caverns? I have a lot of those pieces.
Excellent question! It would be nice to have Nate do a specific video on this showing the fit with both the resin sets and the KS II pieces.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Does anybody know how well these pieces will integrate with the old resin caverns? I have a lot of those pieces.

ShaynePatrick
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ShaynePatrick » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Agreed on the zoom. Being able to zoom on the images helps really decide on what is what.

A great thing they did this time is break things up. I have a sh*t ton of caverns - I'll likely buy more the way they have done it because I can get the pieces that are new and don't duplicate what I already have.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”