Elevation questions

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Elevation questions

Post by Law » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 pm

To really evaluate (see what I did there) how elevation is being handled in CD, I really need to see (a) better close ups and (b) build breakdowns.

From what we've seen so far, it's not always clear which pieces are being used merely to support a higher level and which are actually visible on the build. Since the new pieces are so versatile - specifically since there are pieces that work as either ledges or as floors with walks - it's really hard to tell what goes where. Second, it's hard to see exactly how it LOOKS. For me, personally, I find that some stacked cavern builds don't look perfectly organic, and that bugs me. It's why I passed on Erinithor. I don't think it looks great to have pieces that don't line up right because the top piece is just sitting on the bottom and their details don't integrate smoothly and naturally. I won't be interested in elevated builds if they're designed to work that way. If, however, the pieces are designed for a smooth and natural transition and the cliff faces all look right, that's different. But I need better close ups (and sometimes different angles) to make that call.