Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: End Totals

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 pm

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:54 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:17 pm
I was thinking last night that they need a pledge level for each campaign in the $50-$70 range that includes stuff average D&D players might want.

For example, one year they could have an "Adventurer's Camp" set for $60 that includes a pack-laden donkey, a campfire, a few tents, a line with some clothes drying on it, etc. This way when DF gets a massive number of new eyes on the KS via GenCon, Critical Role, etc., there will be something for 2000-5000 new backers to immediately latch onto. The goal of course is that some percentage of those backers would "graduate" into buying their first terrain via the store or the following year's KS...

Edit: The Critical Role minis KS had 20,743 backers at $60 (and up!)...let that sink in. They have a tremendous brand, of course, but with the right offering, DF could have an easily accessible entry-ramp for those backers.
Imagine next week or the week after, some starter and basic packs are unlocked, as well as some graphics for small pack recommendations from $75 to $300 or so...

Matt Mercer starts the show saying “Tonight’s episode is sponsored by Dwarven Forge, makers of the finest fantasy 3D terrain. We’ve featured their products in many of our encounters over the years. [show a couple shots from previous Campaign 2 encounters]. Seriously, their stuff is amazing.

They’re in the middle of their most recent, and most expansive Kickstarter yet - Caverns Deep!
In fact last week they just unlocked a Mercer the Prisoner mini as a free stretch goal. [hold up said figure to the camera as it zooms in]. If you’re looking to add some extra excitement or a new dynamic to your games, look for Dwarven Forge.

I can also announce today a new stretch goal - if they hit $2.75Million in funding backers will also receive a new separate Caverns Deep module, written by me, Matthew Mercer. Go check it out now at Kickstarter.com.”

Well I’m not good at copy...

But do you think that could get a decent amount of new pledges?
Perfect, make this happen!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:08 pm

aaah...YES!!!
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:54 pm

GardenDM wrote:
I was thinking last night that they need a pledge level for each campaign in the $50-$70 range that includes stuff average D&D players might want.

For example, one year they could have an "Adventurer's Camp" set for $60 that includes a pack-laden donkey, a campfire, a few tents, a line with some clothes drying on it, etc. This way when DF gets a massive number of new eyes on the KS via GenCon, Critical Role, etc., there will be something for 2000-5000 new backers to immediately latch onto. The goal of course is that some percentage of those backers would "graduate" into buying their first terrain via the store or the following year's KS...

Edit: The Critical Role minis KS had 20,743 backers at $60 (and up!)...let that sink in. They have a tremendous brand, of course, but with the right offering, DF could have an easily accessible entry-ramp for those backers.
Imagine next week or the week after, some starter and basic packs are unlocked, as well as some graphics for small pack recommendations from $75 to $300 or so...

Matt Mercer starts the show saying “Tonight’s episode is sponsored by Dwarven Forge, makers of the finest fantasy 3D terrain. We’ve featured their products in many of our encounters over the years. [show a couple shots from previous Campaign 2 encounters]. Seriously, their stuff is amazing.

They’re in the middle of their most recent, and most expansive Kickstarter yet - Caverns Deep!
In fact last week they just unlocked a Mercer the Prisoner mini as a free stretch goal. [hold up said figure to the camera as it zooms in]. If you’re looking to add some extra excitement or a new dynamic to your games, look for Dwarven Forge.

I can also announce today a new stretch goal - if they hit $2.75Million in funding backers will also receive a new separate Caverns Deep module, written by me, Matthew Mercer. Go check it out now at Kickstarter.com.”

Well I’m not good at copy...

But do you think that could get a decent amount of new pledges?
Last edited by SpaceMonkey on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordWestmark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LordWestmark » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:02 am

GardenDM wrote:
I think they may really nail the marketing plan this year and come in around $3.7 million.

For example, one year they could have an "Adventurer's Camp" set for $60 that includes a pack-laden donkey, a campfire, a few tents, a line with some clothes drying on it, etc. This way when DF gets a massive number of new eyes on the KS via GenCon, Critical Role, etc., there will be something for 2000-5000 new backers to immediately latch onto. The goal of course is that some percentage of those backers would "graduate" into buying their first terrain via the store or the following year's KS.

Rinse and repeat and DF could see consistent backer numbers >5000 each year.

I think this is a good idea, and I think they're part of the way there with the Camp Pack in encounter 6. Tents I'm less worried about

LastFighter
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LastFighter » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:33 am

i do think having a ‘get this’ pledge for newcomers would be good. As long as its at a reasonable price point around 60 to 80.

A bit of dressing, a mini, and a clever negative space based scenario maybe ?

HiveFleetCerberus
Goblin
Goblin

Post by HiveFleetCerberus » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:01 am

I'm going to guess 3.3 Million, assuming the Dreadhollow Forest looks great

Danielg1992
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Danielg1992 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:42 am

yes a big difference in ks5 were the basic sets we had some new backers who could get cool basic pieces a reasonable price with the new vaulted style and you could build something nice for 200-300 this one is a bit more premium
I just wanna make the tomb of horrors with dwarvenite

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:38 am

I will guess less than 3 million, about 2.75 or so
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Jonathan
Orc
Orc

Post by Jonathan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:20 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:58 pm
Anyone have a guess what dollar amount the KS will end at?

My guess is just shy of $3.4M.
Presently, my projection puts it at $2,650k. I think the weakest point for the numbers is that there may be less demand for gourmet caverns than for gourmet dungeons, especially since the fancy caves are more costly to produce.

Here's how my projection stacks up to previous years:
The attachment KS-Projections-2018-07-25.JPG is no longer available

The chart showing the progress of each campaign as measured in Pledge Per Backer and Backer Count shows three green dots for the first three days of KS6. By this measure, it's going differently than usual, so I think it's hard to make a good prediction.

My intuition says the dynamic will be the most like KS5: Growth of the overall KS balance will come more from increased numbers of backers, not from the average pledge increasing as the campaign progresses.
KS-Projections-2018-07-25.JPG
KS-Projections-2018-07-25.JPG (29.43 KiB) Viewed 1317 times

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 am

I think in order to reel in hundreds (or thousands) of new backers, there will need to be something substantial that can be pledged at the $150-$200 level. That's probably the tipping point of what a brand new backer would want to spend. It would be a good exercise, once most of the details are revealed, to make a few "Budget" threads that would have sample collections up to a certain dollar amount, just like we did with KS5. I think $150, $300, and $500 would be reasonable pledge limits for this exercise.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”