End Totals

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: End Totals

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:16 am

DWChancellor wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 pm
Interesting to see how strong a signal effect forests/all-in produced. Curious how the final curve ends up. Messaging and option roll-out seem to be a very strong in DF KSs. Makes one wonder if KS4 could have gone differently with the same pieces.
KS4 would have taken a lot more had it been as organised as KSV or VI. Think DF learnt so much from castles, the build videos, alternative builds, the add-on makeups. They finally sorted it out for the PM and I suspect they took another %30 in the PM.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:08 pm

I can't see how to put figs in the trees, and they are too darn expensive. I'll get the cave entrance and a few accessory packs, and maybe one or two plates of trees, but that's it. [color]

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (still Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, including KS' 5 and 6
WeaselWarGod

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:07 am

^Agreed. I think the social stretch goals was also a great idea, even though I'm not on FB.

Another interesting note (well to me anyways) is that even though yesterday's total of 156k was the highest final-3 day for a DF KS, is was also the first ever final-3 to be lower than the previous day.

It will be interesting to see if today bounces back higher or not, and/or if that day 20 massive surge of 389k will stand as the highest day of the last 5. We still have a higher total than last year going into the final day.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:48 am

It also seems like promoting the project at GenCon and on Critical Role also seemed to help. It seemed as though the total went up faster while they were at GenCon and right after the advertised on Critical Role. I think they did a better job promoting the KS this year.

Forar80
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Forar80 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:32 am

The whole project's roll out has been fascinating, and there'll be data to mine for months from it. I suspect part of the huge jumps we've seen has been a mix of things, including people waiting specifically to get the All In tiers sorted out, along with a bit of a delayed/extended wait and reaction to the Forest taking a while to be revealed and then priced out. Which is to say that perhaps the recent major bounce is tied to several issues, part of which being that until very recently it was hard to have a full grasp of this project's scope, let alone make an informed choice. Add in blowing through a bunch of SG's to have some real momentum and show tangible improvements across a variety of encounters, and here we are.

Note, that's not intended to be negative. It is always fascinating watching these campaigns play out, and I'm glad that this one has finally gotten up to speed again, especially before the last 48 hours notices went out. With a little under a day and a half to go, it'll be great to see what remaining SG's/Social SG's unlock, surprises might show up, and what the final tally ends up being.

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Interesting to see how strong a signal effect forests/all-in produced. Curious how the final curve ends up. Messaging and option roll-out seem to be a very strong in DF KSs. Makes one wonder if KS4 could have gone differently with the same pieces.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Sure, but the biggest boost is from the all in pledges. Most of the previous backers sitting in uncharted underground dropped that in favor of the two Caverns Deep! pledges.

The day those released was the 8th biggest DF KS day ever, including over 2 previous final day pledge totals.

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:15 pm

Ya, forest resulted in a big boost.

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:09 pm

So we’re already approaching last year’s total through the second to last day. It’s really looking like we’ll break last year’s record total.

Momentum started once the forest pricing was released, and then has really exploded since the all-in pledges were opened.

Impressive stuff!

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm

:D
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:40 am

We like that idea - a 'cheap as chips' pledge to get new backers their first shot of dwarvenite. - but that's it no add-ons, no extras - just a one-off really cheap shot of dwarvenite.
There is no such thing as cheap dwarvenite. As befits the premier line of accessories on Earth.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (still Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, including KS6
Obviously they are $100 chips :D
:D
TLW
WeaselWarGod

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”