3%

Total votes: 40

Ski_
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Pokorney Paint KS6 colors is critical to my pledge

Post by Ski_ » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm

And, for those who have not seen it--
@iPaint's Underdark caverns paint scheme looks awesome!

Link: viewtopic.php?p=128098#p128098

Ski_
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Ski_ » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:26 pm

Audles wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:17 pm
I'd think about buying some unpainted caverns if I knew the underdoom paints would be available.
It seems like most of us are aligned-- Underdark paint (as a minimum) would be a huge win.
If one wants to be able to expand their underdoom as they go using other unpainted pieces to match from this KS or from original caverns, or others-- then the paints are quite critical... (I'll probably feel the same way about the Dreadhollow Forest once it's up)

From geekjeff's post in the "Underdoom Pictures and Analysis" thread https://dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewtopi ... =62&t=9371--
geekjeff wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:24 am
...For anyone who buys their stuff Unpainted - anything can be Underdoom pieces! Many of the core pieces as you can see are palate swaps of regular Core sculpts. There will surely be some unique Adventure Pack items in Encounter 14, but just like all the others you’ll be able to pick and choose boxes. There’s the potential to make your own Mini-Underdoom if you want.
This is exactly what I want to do-- I'm just want to use DF paints to match as needed...

What can I say DF? You produced a great paint product at a fantastic value and we want more! :D

And @Oldent-- that pool of water with the green looks amazing!

Below: my growing collection of (mostly) Pokorney paint
(note: the paint in those other branded little pots has mostly dried out-- but not the DF paint ;-))
paint.jpg
paint.jpg (98.63 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:49 pm

Rhizom wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:18 pm
I just received my first few Pokorny paints today and painted my alley intersections that I -- by accident -- had bought unpainted. Even this very first paint job of mine went so well and is totally compatible with my prepainted alleys that I am just overwhelmed. I am most excited how good the green tones work, because with Vallejo all greens were more like ink than real paint and I needed many layers. Nothing alike with Pokorny greens.
This is a Pokorny green base

I also used the Pokorny greens for my zombie Dragon wings

This was painted with Pokorny lava Orange, School bus and Stone Edge Dry brush.

This is also the greens and the school buss with Stone edge Dry Brush.

I ordered the new metallics for the Fire and Ice Armies. I also use most of the other available brands. I can not recommend it enough
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:18 pm

I just received my first few Pokorny paints today and painted my alley intersections that I -- by accident -- had bought unpainted. Even this very first paint job of mine went so well and is totally compatible with my prepainted alleys that I am just overwhelmed. I am most excited how good the green tones work, because with Vallejo all greens were more like ink than real paint and I needed many layers. Nothing alike with Pokorny greens.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

seeamanaboutadog
Goblin
Goblin

Post by seeamanaboutadog » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:24 pm

Pokorney colours are the only ones I will use, nothing else does justice. Simple as that. If the colour is not available in the range I wont use, the only except in to that has been metallics to date for doors etc. on top of the Pokorny colour because it helps hold it so wll without being tacky.
I spoke to DF directly about "small packages" instead of the web site because an inbuilt automatic postage charge made it prohibitive to Australia. I must admit that was 2 years ago however. Postage services with virtual postage addresses like post mate here in Australia for example make the postage more attractive also.
AKA Lughtegern Lord Of Mice.

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by iceycat » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:24 pm

I just picked up the metallics. The Gorgon Bronze is not bronze it is gold. The Sysuul Silver is a very bright silver.
I wish they would release a purple as well as a brighter red since lava is more of a burnt red.

I love Pokorney Paints. I have them all.

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:38 pm

I really hope underdoom paints become available.

I love what I've seen so far of the underdoom paint, but am thinking about going all unpainted now so I can decide next year what sort of mix I want between cavern and underdark themes (could go from 0-100% in either direction right now for paint theme mix)

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:17 pm

I'd think about buying some unpainted caverns if I knew the underdoom paints would be available.

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:38 pm

I love them. I only buy unpainted and all my DF stuff are painted with them (and I use them on all sorts of other terrain projects). That said, I didn't select a poll option because a) I still have a decent amount of paint right now, and b) I tend to avoid colors that are only going to be used in tiny places (like the Bubbles Blue) because I would never go through the whole thing. I have a School Bus Yellow I bought with the intention of painting my fungus in KS2, but still haven't even broken open yet. :P

So while yes, I love the paints and hope they keep them in stock for when I run out, I also have no need of KS6 specific colors, because what they have currently on offer is fine for my purposes.

Grumm the Sureblade
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Grumm the Sureblade » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:02 am

Did they really say they won't do KS6 colours for their paint line? That is very disappointing... I was thinking of getting Underdoom and Crystal Cavern, and expanding it later down the road with unpainted pieces... if I can't get a colour match, then I will probably decide that Underdoom and Crystal Caverns are not expandable enough and just go for regular encounters instead...

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”