Stowaways!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Stowaways!

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 pm

The LED campfire is one of the simplest, most versatile pieces I've seen from DF in a while. It's what everyone envisioning a campfire has really wanted for a long time from a manufacturer. The closest we've got was translucent orange resin. If they can make it look good and not be too bulky, it could be a gateway to DF products. I think it's one of the few dwarvenite pieces they could package individually and put in your FLGS and it would sell well to the RPG crowd, the wargaming crowd, etc. Lots of applications to different types of gamers.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:54 pm

DWChancellor wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:47 am
MrMorden wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:45 am
"Quick chum, to the Hag Cave!"

Naa-naa-naa-naa, naa-naa-naa-naa...
You've made my day.
I live to serve. *bows*

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:13 pm

DevGuy wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:18 pm
Makes sense for unpainted. But for those of us who don’t (have time to) paint, the Ice Encoutner is a sweet looking alternate environment. I always knew my Blood Rage Frost Giant needed a home!
I actually think that Ice Caverns is something that would be very easy and relatively quick to paint. A base coat and two layers of drybrush for the most part. If I wanted Ice, I'd get unpainted for sure. There's a lot more work involved with paint in the regular and Underdoom-style paint schemes.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:10 pm

pacarat wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:34 pm
Some of these may have been “leftover” (i.e. didn’t make it into) DoD sculpts, and are now getting produced.
Yes, the ruins for sure.

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:18 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:48 pm
LordWestmark wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:18 pm
I'm likely to only buy the Ice Walls pack and skip the rest of the ice for overall versatility purposes.

Yes to this. After all, Ice is really just an alternate paint scheme. The Ice Wall pack is unique to the Encounter.
Makes sense for unpainted. But for those of us who don’t (have time to) paint, the Ice Encoutner is a sweet looking alternate environment. I always knew my Blood Rage Frost Giant needed a home!

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:48 pm

LordWestmark wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:18 pm
I'm likely to only buy the Ice Walls pack and skip the rest of the ice for overall versatility purposes.

Yes to this. After all, Ice is really just an alternate paint scheme. The Ice Wall pack is unique to the Encounter.

LordWestmark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LordWestmark » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:18 pm

This is also how I've been shaping my picks.
The suspension bridge, the Hag's Den adventure pack both were immediate adds for versatile use. The natural bridge is maybe a little less applicable outside the cavern but still usable. Likewise, if the Forest has scatter terrain as options, I'll be picking those up.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:29 pm

I love the Hag’s Den adventure pack, but if i go ala carte i may get the Smugglers Cove pack for similar $$$ Nook wall, Trapdoor floor and top half of Stairway to Violence are all awesome pieces plus it is slated to get a little love (ie blank SG space)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Ya, the "buy extra boat" thing doesn't work for me.
I never sell anything,,, I mean ANYTHING and the wife knows this.
And because of this, my DF KS purchases are now in the couple of hundred, not thousand.
Only CBS, KS-3 was over $1000 for me, I plan on about $300 this time, we'll see.
I have not even really started to look at what I want yet.
Why bother this early, when add-ons is all you can afford. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:34 pm

Some of these may have been “leftover” (i.e. didn’t make it into) DoD sculpts, and are now getting produced.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”