Dreadhollow Forest teaser

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Re: Dreadhollow Forest teaser

Post by combs1ng » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:53 pm

This just sucks! I had a budget of around $500 for caverns and I am currently at $1066. All the while knowing in the back of my mind I wanted Forest as well. Now what am I going to do. This idea of a "budget" is just some random number of hope I wish to be under, fully knowing it was never a true expectation. I really wish they were revealing this for next years...just...too...much :cry:
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

LordWestmark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LordWestmark » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:48 pm

I think at minimum I'll get enough forest to build a "courtyard" inside various castles and such

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:38 pm

LordWestmark wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:19 pm
Obviously I'm now facing major questions, some that I can't answer until finding out pricing for the set and how much I can sell plasma for.
My biggest question now is since I have pedion modular battlefield tiles, do I constrain my spending on what essentially replaces them in smaller scale.
Decisions decisions
I'm in the same boat, except for the selling plasma (they only pay you with free cookies for blood donations in Canada)

I could switch most of my KS6 pledge to forests, or keep the whole pledge caverns and continue to use model trees and other accessories for outdoors battles. I have no idea which way I will go. It will depend a lot on price, and the more detailed photos/walk-though.

I'd also love to go with a bit of forest and still get a lot of caverns, but it will depend on how well it integrates with battlemats and other outdoors terrain.

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Sold. Can I arrange for electronic direct deposit of my paycheck to Dwarven Forge? 😳

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:20 pm

There are a couple of trunk section legths and several different canopy pieces you can layer different ways, to mix up the appearances of your trees and keep it looking more organic (not every tree looks the same.)

Nate showed at one point how you can pop off the canopy and leave the trunk/stump behind to more easily visualize and maneuver minis during combat, but still preserve line of sight and cover.
Last edited by geekjeff on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordWestmark
Goblin
Goblin

Post by LordWestmark » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Obviously I'm now facing major questions, some that I can't answer until finding out pricing for the set and how much I can sell plasma for.
My biggest question now is since I have pedion modular battlefield tiles, do I constrain my spending on what essentially replaces them in smaller scale.
Decisions decisions

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:17 pm

They didn't have any of those on the stream, but yes the idea is we could have little sniper platforms for Rangers up in the canopy. :D

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Modular trees! Holy Hell!!! and did they say there will be miniature stands so they can “climb” the trees?!

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:02 pm

Based off of recent events, pricing, and the general pit in my stomach, I am going to go with $200 per 8x8 tile on average.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:41 am

Kind of surprised how close DF is cutting all the development and getting pricing lined up. Maybe they have always done this and we just did not have the visibility into the behind the scenes stuff as much.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”