UPDATED, Page 9. Stefan wants to know what Water Tiles we want and wants drawings! HELP!

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Re: UPDATED, Page 9. Stefan wants to know what Water Tiles we want and wants drawings! HELP!

Post by Talistran » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:45 pm

William wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:03 pm
I'm starting to think some kind of waterfalls will come in the "outdoor" KS, whenever that happens. So, for now I'll go with a new variety of flat water tiles and use the little blue falls we got in KS-2. Let's not push our luck this year. The flat water tiles are minimal in mold creation even compared to standard walls, plus they stack nicely in storage.
When they do an "outdoor" theme KS, I see rivers, lakes, falls, swamps, desert, fields, farms,solitary keeps, wooden village buildings with thatch roofs, ... & so much more in DF's hands.
I agree. DF will do water with forests and erinthor. Theyll do the vertical pieces and then negative space for the horizontal.

This is a plea for more horizontal water tiles, from the many people who want them. Id love some vertical options and im sure they will come.... but that is not what thisthread is about.

We are trying to convince Nate and Stefan that another couple of packs of horizontal water tiles will sell and talking about the best design for them. :)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: UPDATED, Page 9. Stefan wants to know what Water Tiles we want and wants drawings! HELP!

Post by William » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:03 pm

I'm starting to think some kind of waterfalls will come in the "outdoor" KS, whenever that happens. So, for now I'll go with a new variety of flat water tiles and use the little blue falls we got in KS-2. Let's not push our luck this year. The flat water tiles are minimal in mold creation even compared to standard walls, plus they stack nicely in storage.
When they do an "outdoor" theme KS, I see rivers, lakes, falls, swamps, desert, fields, farms,solitary keeps, wooden village buildings with thatch roofs, ... & so much more in DF's hands.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:51 pm

While a little variety would be nice, I personally have plenty of water tiles. The tiles I WOULD be interested in are all the vertical build tiles. Williams post has a ton of great examples of this. I would definitely be in for multiple packs of anything that allowed for waterfalls and other water features that give height to the map. I also really liked all the "water feature" pieces as well. I.e. the lily pads, etc.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:06 pm

I actually ordered a Coby keychain digital photo frame on eBay today to see if it's hackable into an open water tile with a square 1.5 inch hole on top. Whirlpool here we come! Maybe.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Talistran wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:49 pm
... Maybe this is what william had in mind for some of his waterfall pieces he drew up or maybe it could be adapted that way? :)
Reminder ... superjman designed the waterfall block. He deserves the credit.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

DWChancellor
Orc
Orc

Post by DWChancellor » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:16 pm

William's drawing was in my mind for sure!
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:49 pm

DWChancellor wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm
Bumping comment from inappropriate place to here:

No clue how much harder a lift this would be, but a cavern elevation block with one side done up as a waterfall would be terrific and multi-functional.

Or even if they resculpted a stilt and painted it blue...

I'm sure someone already suggested this but I stopped reading this thread days ago when it was going around in circles... bad me.
I don't think I have ever seen someone comment that an elevation block with a waterfall would be a good idea.

But I think it would be awesome! Great dual purpose. Maybe this is what william had in mind for some of his waterfall pieces he drew up or maybe it could be adapted that way? :)

DWChancellor
Orc
Orc

Post by DWChancellor » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Bumping comment from inappropriate place to here:

No clue how much harder a lift this would be, but a cavern elevation block with one side done up as a waterfall would be terrific and multi-functional.

Or even if they resculpted a stilt and painted it blue...

I'm sure someone already suggested this but I stopped reading this thread days ago when it was going around in circles... bad me.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:42 am

jazzman wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:40 am
Will the poll be how many of each set you would buy?
definitely need that included...

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:40 am

Will the poll be how many of each set you would buy?

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”