UPDATED, Page 9. Stefan wants to know what Water Tiles we want and wants drawings! HELP!

HiveFleetCerberus
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Stefan wants to know what Water Tiles we want and wants drawings! HELP!

Post by HiveFleetCerberus » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:42 pm

jazzman wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:08 pm
IMG_1395.JPG

Doing some test builds on paper I believe the swell concept needs one more piece to make it perfect - an offset curve. Just look at this small stream dog leg you could build.
I really have no personal experience with water tiles (I've only backed KS5), but I think that a great pack would be:
4- swell wall left
4- swell wall right
4- offset corner
10- offset walls

madrigalian
Orc
Orc

Post by madrigalian » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:36 pm

I'll leave the concepts to others, more spatially creative than me. Love the concepts as we truly NEED greater variety to build more organic river flows and lake shores. This thread and news makes me very happy. So, I did a recount, I own 10 river sets. 5 extra open waters, (Plan to buy more), 7 Lava sets, and another 3 unpainted water I intend to paint for my Ice sets. So, I am in deep water already. 😉 I would absolutely buy 7 -10 sets painted and another 7-10 sets unpainted to match up with lava and ice. If William's beautiful waterfall set design were made, I would be all in for that as well. I would like to thank Stefan and DF for listening, even if it is 4 years and 4 kickstarters late. 🤨😘

Ps. Don't care about magnets. Not even a little.
My DF Galleries -
3dDelve - https://ello.co/3ddelve
Imgur - Thanks zazulu! - http://imgur.com/a/ppUeP/layout/horizontal#0

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:31 pm

I would prefer they not be double sided.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Mister Frau Blucher
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mister Frau Blucher » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Double-sided would not really lay flat. Put a metal mini on a spot where there is a swatch of water on the other side, and it would tilt that way.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:23 pm

William wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:09 pm
Remember, double sided would likely not have magnets.
I wouldn't care about that, but I would care that the water would sit slightly higher than the non-double sided tiles next to them.
They could make them the same thickness.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:09 pm

Remember, double sided would likely not have magnets.
I wouldn't care about that, but I would care that the water would sit slightly higher than the non-double sided tiles next to them.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:08 pm

IMG_1395.JPG
IMG_1395.JPG (102.65 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Doing some test builds on paper I believe the swell concept needs one more piece to make it perfect - an offset curve. Just look at this small stream dog leg you could build.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:03 pm

electricmotorcycles wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:41 pm
jazzman wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:38 pm
Electricmotorcycles gives me an idea. Make new water tiles double sided! They are mostly flat anyways. More bang for the buck (or quid or loony....you pick).

if you make them double-sided, it would be best to different terrain types, so water and dungeon not water type A and water type B. if you need water, you need water, but if you need water tiles, you probably don't need dungeon tiles
But...if you need one more swell left and all you have is a swell right - flip it over and it is swell right on the other side. Need an offset straight and have a regular straight - flip it over and viola an offset straight!

agro23
Goblin
Goblin

Post by agro23 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:02 pm

I just want to add myself to the list of people that would drop a grand or so on a new water tile set.

I can't name specific tile shapes off the top of my head but I would like the options. I'd want the ability to make moats, small streams and wide rivers, and a large lake (so 4x4 tiles would be nice also) with or without an island or two in the middle. Maybe even a Laketown type set up. I'd also like banked shores for a beach. Maybe some negative space transitions as well. And lots of scatter while they're at it. Maybe even trifecta river pieces for cavern walls against the water though that's the least interesting option to me.

But I'd REALLY like to see the original resin water sets cast in dwarvenite. I always get outbid when they show up on ebay!

electricmotorcycles
Orc
Orc

Post by electricmotorcycles » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:41 pm

jazzman wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:38 pm
Electricmotorcycles gives me an idea. Make new water tiles double sided! They are mostly flat anyways. More bang for the buck (or quid or loony....you pick).
if you make them double-sided, it would be best to different terrain types, so water and dungeon not water type A and water type B. if you need water, you need water, but if you need water tiles, you probably don't need dungeon tiles

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”